Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Dwight Freeney - UFA

  1. -21
    Dolfan5000's Avatar
    Mark my words, I'll get mine

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    3,692
    vCash:
    1661
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSuck456 View Post
    And we all know that its good to judge based on one bad year.
    Yes, one bad year...

    NO, the dude isn't that great. SERIOUSLY, ALL HE DOES IS RUSH THE PASSER. And now, tackles are starting to catch on to his ever so (not so much now) effective spin move. He hasn't done anything other than get a few sacks all his career.

    He has only had 11 Pass defenses and ZERO picks in his career.
    JT at the same point of his career had 26 pass deflections and three picks. He does nothing but speed rush, he's not strong enough to bull rush or flexible enough to drop back in coverage.

    Plus he'll ask for the US Mint and we're not in the greatest cap shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dol-Fan Dupree
    Writing good things about Zach Thomas is like writing good things about Jesus. I could write, but really every one knows.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -22
    saves's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2004
    Posts:
    3,368
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan5000 View Post
    Yes, one bad year...

    NO, the dude isn't that great. SERIOUSLY, ALL HE DOES IS RUSH THE PASSER. And now, tackles are starting to catch on to his ever so (not so much now) effective spin move. He hasn't done anything other than get a few sacks all his career.

    He has only had 11 Pass defenses and ZERO picks in his career.
    JT at the same point of his career had 26 pass deflections and three picks. He does nothing but speed rush, he's not strong enough to bull rush or flexible enough to drop back in coverage.

    Plus he'll ask for the US Mint and we're not in the greatest cap shape.
    While I don't think we need or could even use him in this defense AT ALL, your bashing him because he dosn't have pass defenses and picks? He plays D-End for christ sake. Those are damn near irrelevent for his position. He has never been used in the way JT is, not many have.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -23
    Dolfan5000's Avatar
    Mark my words, I'll get mine

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    3,692
    vCash:
    1661
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saves View Post
    While I don't think we need or could even use him in this defense AT ALL, your bashing him because he dosn't have pass defenses and picks? He plays D-End for christ sake. Those are damn near irrelevent for his position. He has never been used in the way JT is, not many have.
    I'm bashing him for everything that has to do with the position. Those are just some notable stats.

    P.S. They are not irrelevant, do you know how impactful bats at the line can be?
    Quote Quote  

  4. -24
    dolfan348454999's Avatar
    Macdaddy

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    473
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    bottom line is its not going to happen, but JT + freeney=domination. The only reason his numbers are down is because he has been getting double teamed for years, with Taylor taking those he would get high numbers.
    Yet Roth has the ability to become a great pass rusher and would rather have him and a really good DT instead of freeney. We need to get younger and it would be a shame to not see what roth really has.
    "If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"-Vince Lombardi
    :billsbite "There is more to life then football, just not much."-Warren Sapp
    Quote Quote  

  5. -25
    Mike13's Avatar
    You could have had free beer, for shame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    19,234
    vCash:
    6089
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Plus he'll ask for the US Mint and we're not in the greatest cap shape.
    We are slated to have around $20 Mil.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

    ...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

  6. -26
    Dolfan5000's Avatar
    Mark my words, I'll get mine

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    3,692
    vCash:
    1661
    Loc:
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSuck456 View Post
    We are slated to have around $20 Mil.
    So are you saying you'd like to see almost half of that number gone when we need help in more than a few areas? Say when we would get him we would have 10 to 12 left... Not the greatest idea.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -27
    Mike13's Avatar
    You could have had free beer, for shame

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    19,234
    vCash:
    6089
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan5000 View Post
    So are you saying you'd like to see almost half of that number gone when we need help in more than a few areas? Say when we would get him we would have 10 to 12 left... Not the greatest idea.
    I'm not saying break the bank for him, I wouldn't mind getting him but yes we have plenty of other needs.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -28
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2004
    Posts:
    789
    vCash:
    1146
    Loc:
    Boca Raton, FLA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No thank you. He can't play the run. He is the worst good defensive end in this league because he isn't even slightly a factor on rushing plays.
    Quote Quote  

  9. -29
    Springveldt's Avatar
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2006
    Posts:
    447
    vCash:
    1207
    Loc:
    UK
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PatsSuck456 View Post
    We are slated to have around $20 Mil.
    Yeah, but we will only have around 40 signed players or so. We have a lot of holes to fill with that $20M.
    As said before, Freeney can only rush the QB, he does nothing else. Most teams run right at him and have a lot of success doing it, he can't play the run. Last time I checked, DE need to be able to play the run and pass before being declared great.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. What's the latest on Dwight Freeney?
    By fanfin in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-31-2013, 11:48 PM
  2. MERGED: Dwight Freeney Please!!
    By Jimi in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 02-17-2013, 06:59 PM
  3. How big a concern is Dwight Freeney?
    By tazthenomad in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-04-2012, 12:37 PM
  4. Dwight Freeney
    By Dolphins101 in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-13-2012, 08:45 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •