Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: With new HC in place, I think he goes QB to make statement

1. -1
    chada456

With new HC in place, I think he goes QB to make statement

Whoever the new HC is that comes in is going to realize without researching much about this team that our main weakness is offense, more specifically the QB position, and has been so for many years. So I believe this coach will want to make a BOLD statement to the team, the organization and the fans that he will be here for a long time so I believe he will invest his 1st round pick with a QB. This belief is only made if Russel or Quinn falls to our spot which is possible (This scenario is all assuming Brian Brohm stays at Lousville which seems likely):
    1st pick - Oakland Raiders- they go with EITHER Brady Quinn or Jamarcus Russel- If raiders go with Quinn, I believe Russel has a big posibility of falling to us bc Russel would then be the next best Qb and i dont think he fits in to Detroits scheme.
    2nd pick- Detroit Lions - Here is the pick to look at- Bc Marinelli already stated he will stick with Kitna for the 07 season, they might look to make the Oline better by drafting Joe Thomas. The Thomas pick would even be greater solidified if the Raiders were to pick Quinn bc I doubt Lions would pick Russel.
    3rd pick- Cleveland Browns- They drafted Frye couple years ago so I think they give him atleast one more year. Theyve built some playmakers around him and they may look to go with a bunch of guys from Calvin Johnson, to Joe Thomas, to Adrian Peterson, or even Alan Branch. I doubt they go QB here.
    4th pick- Tampa Bay Bucs- This ones easy. They just gave Simms a contract extension, they dont go QB here.
    5th pick- Arizona Cardinals- Even easier one here. They just drafted Leinart.
    6th pick- Washington Redskins- Jason Campbell is improving and they look elsewhere.
    7th pick- Minnesota Vikings- This is the last problem for the fins. They might go with Quinn or Russel (whoevers there, if ones even left at this point) but they might give the athletic Tarvaris Jackson some time to develop with Brad Johnson (whos really old). They might go with a WR here. They need a #1 reciever desperately. Or they might go CB with Leon Hall bc Darren Sharper might be leaving , plus their secondary is horrible.
    8th pick- Houston Texans- With their first 2 picks going to the defensive side last year, i think their first pick goes towards a RB whichever is BPA at that position.
    9th pick- IF for some reason the Lions dont go with Quinn or Russel (whoever Raiders dont choose) I think we have a legit shot at the other top QB... Russel would be perfect here bc he could learn a lot from a player just like him in Cpep.
    Thoughts?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Dawn of a new era

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Newport News,Va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it could happen.
    In his office Friday afternoon, Philbin pointed to the practice fields outside and said: "Out there is where we're going to find out about Ryan Tannehill, Matt Moore and David Garrard. I don't remember a master plan that said, 'Here's when Ryan's going to play.' If there is one, I was never told about it. We'll let them come to work, and the best man will win."'
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    You sit on a throne of lies!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Southside Virginia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It really depends on the quality of the players out there and to a much lesser degree the way the coach evaulates the strengths and weaknesses of the team. In this NFL, you can at least make the playoffs and keep your job while you build if you start one of the QBs on this roster -- it very well may be that there is a bigger priority to the new coach and that it will match up well with the talent available in this draft.

I've got so many lawyers lined up to see me, you'd think I had tobacco leaking out of my breast implants.
    - Jimmy James
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think he goes QB because we need one.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Time To Clean House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    cleveland and quinn have been talking i heard....so they might be goin qb
    Follow me on Twitter @ChrisCullen561
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry, but there's no way that draft will happen the way you imagine it to. Oakland and Detroit both need QBs. Quinn and Russel are gone.

Cleveland will take Adrian Peterson. Arizona will go for Joe Thomas, presuming Tampa Bay doesn't draft him. The Redskins can probably use a QB, so if Oakland passes on the QB position, the Redskins will snap up whoever's left. Let's say Washington doesn't go QB: Minnesota sure as hell will. Houston won't be in the QB market, but you never know: Kubiak could decide to go for an athletic QB to compensate for the offensive line, should Joe Thomas be off the board.

I would honestly be shocked if we don't draft a defensive player, even if we get an offensive-minded head coach.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Brohm comes out, I'll take him.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I still say we have to go Oline, i think we need the best Olineman possible
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I am going to get screamed at but i am sure any HC who comes here is going want a good QB and they are quiet a few on FA now.
    plummer,bledsoe,shab or vick ,garrad back up in Jacksonville or might trade for a backup.
    draft OL and LB should get the thing moving.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    New coach - Louisvilles Bobby Petrino

and he knows exactly who to get :wink:
    Quote Quote