Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question for you guys

1. -1
    3peat Big XII Champs!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Thanks / No Thanks

Question for you guys

Obviously Im gonna think this, but is Adrian Peterson one of, if not the, best players to not win a Heisman? Im not as old as most of you, so I havent seen many great players.

Just a question, no need to bash. But I do feel that at least in this decade that AD is the best to not win the hardware.
    2009 Football Schedule:
    BYU (In Dallas), Idaho State, Tulsa, @Miami, Baylor, Texas (In Dallas), @Kansas, Kansas State, @Nebraska, Texas A&M, @Texas Tech, Oklahoma State
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AirFishOne View Post
    Obviously Im gonna think this, but is Adrian Peterson one of, if not the, best players to not win a Heisman? Im not as old as most of you, so I havent seen many great players.

Just a question, no need to bash. But I do feel that at least in this decade that AD is the best to not win the hardware.
    Could certainly be one of the better players not to win one. When I initially read this, the first name in my head was Peyton Manning. A huge list of defensive players come to mind, esp LBers like Mike Singletary, Derrick Thomas, and Junior Seau in college. Orlando Pace is the best college OL I've ever seen, if you want to add that in the list too.

But after much deliberation, my answer is probably Tim Tebow.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    3peat Big XII Champs!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev83 View Post
    Could certainly be one of the better players not to win one. When I initially read this, the first name in my head was Peyton Manning. A huge list of defensive players come to mind, esp LBers like Mike Singletary, Derrick Thomas, and Junior Seau in college. Orlando Pace is the best college OL I've ever seen, if you want to add that in the list too.

But after much deliberation, my answer is probably Tim Tebow.
    No love for the best college linebacker in the history of the NCAA

Brian Bosworth DA BOZ BABY
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Sporty Don

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Beach, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dont know, but I highly doubt it, I mean Vince Young was a great college player and didnt win it and that's just going back to last year. Besides the who's the best is so subjective it'd be impossible to say.

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Adrian was hurt by the injuries if u ask me. Tho maybe he still might not have won, they really hampered him in doing so. So many juniors jump ship now a days its gives them one less chance to win the hardware. (For example, who thinks Vince Young would have won the Heisman this year if he would have stayed at Texas . . . I sure do).
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Chicago Bears GM

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im gonna say Vince Young was the best to not win it.

All Day (Adrian) is great, but the only year he deserved serious consideration based on stats was his freshman year, and Id be willing to say Vince had a better Junior year than AD did his Freshman year
    * = Patsterisk
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Wokeup this mornin n I got myself a beer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Gables/South Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Someone mentioned Payton Manning. He never won the big games and didn't UTenn win the NC when he left?
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    I Don't Play . .That's Y I Failed P.E.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Liquordale
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nintendo LogoDolphin2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuban Dave 9 View Post
    Someone mentioned Payton Manning. He never won the big games and didn't UTenn win the NC when he left?
    I think Woodson won it the year Peyton finished second. Still kind of suprises me to this day. Not saying Charles Woodsen didn't deserve major consideration for it because he had a tremendous year that year . . . just kind of funny that maybe the NFL's greatest QB of all time (when it is all said and done), who had a EXCELLENT college career . . . lost the Heisman to a DB (WR in college as well and ST).
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    3peat Big XII Champs!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Norman, Oklahoma
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex44 View Post
    Im gonna say Vince Young was the best to not win it.

All Day (Adrian) is great, but the only year he deserved serious consideration based on stats was his freshman year, and Id be willing to say Vince had a better Junior year than AD did his Freshman year
    Yes, Vince is one of those players who deserved the Heisman, but this is kinda a 'what if' thread if ya know what I mean, lol. AD averaged 5.4 YPC and had 970 yards in 6 games, with 10 TDs then he broke his collar bone. Do you think, if he never gotten hurt, would he of won the Heisman this year, or was the media love for Troy Smith too deep?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Sporty Don

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Beach, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AirFishOne View Post
    Yes, Vince is one of those players who deserved the Heisman, but this is kinda a 'what if' thread if ya know what I mean, lol. AD averaged 5.4 YPC and had 970 yards in 6 games, with 10 TDs then he broke his collar bone. Do you think, if he never gotten hurt, would he of won the Heisman this year, or was the media love for Troy Smith too deep?

I think the media had given Smith the Heisman before AD went down, but I may be wrong about the timing of his injury. It seems like once Quinn struggled early the media jumped all over Smith. It would have been a closer race imo but I think Smith probably still would have won it.
    Quote Quote