Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 25 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fans need to be skeptical

1. -1
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Fans need to be skeptical

When Cam Cameron was announced as HC last week, I really didn't know much about him. But I am finding out he is a very shrewd. Now I still don't know if he can be a HC in this league, but he is playing the PR angle to a tee.

He's got so many Fins fans already fawning all over him. Hes already filled the void of affection that Saban had going in to week 16. As a harsh critic of Saban, and someone who wanted him fired, I was constantly engaged in debate with "give him time", "objective people know hes smart", "if we fire him, he'll just go somewhere else and win SBs"...blah, blah, blah. I didn't buy that about Saban, and as of right now, I am with-holding judgement on Cam Cameron.

We should all be hopeful with Cameron. He seems like a decent guy and seems to have a concept of what he wants to do with the Dolphins. But some here are getting all wrapped up in irrelevant minutiae. He sent an email to the season ticket holders and people are on the boards saying things like, "wow", "class", "stupendous". I feel like I am watching Charlotte's Web and you guys are describing Wilbur.

My thoughts on the email, his statements about his affinity for S. Florida, his passion for this job are pretty much, "Ok, great. Go win some games". Maybe I am just getting old and cynnical, but I like to think that I have standards as a Miami Dolphins fan (since 1971) and that I will judge him based on the performance of the team.

I just want to caution some of you about falling in "love" with this guy. Some of you did that with Saban and look where that got you. Be optimistic, fine, but don't be blinded by loyalty. Saban had a cult following. Cam Cameron should not have that type of loyalty. Hope for the best, expect the worst, evaluate the reality of the situation.

I have to give it to Fins fans...as jilted and abused as we have been by coaches, you guys don't let it bother you. After the buildup and offseason pickups of the 1995 Dolphins (every Fins fan was convinced were going to the SB because the coach we loved told us so) seeing how pathetic they were, I have never given a coach 100% support.

I was glad to see Shula go, twice as glad to see JJ go, my heart went out to Wannstedt because he was so pathetic, and I was just amazed at how poorly Saban coached and yet no one wanted him held accountable. I hope we don't go thru this with Cameron.
    You must have the courage to believe the truth.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Westchester, Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TampaFinsFan01 View Post
    When Cam Cameron was announced as HC last week, I really didn't know much about him. But I am finding out he is a very shrewd. Now I still don't know if he can be a HC in this league, but he is playing the PR angle to a tee.

He's got so many Fins fans already fawning all over him. Hes already filled the void of affection that Saban had going in to week 16. As a harsh critic of Saban, and someone who wanted him fired, I was constantly engaged in debate with "give him time", "objective people know hes smart", "if we fire him, he'll just go somewhere else and win SBs"...blah, blah, blah. I didn't buy that about Saban, and as of right now, I am with-holding judgement on Cam Cameron.

We should all be hopeful with Cameron. He seems like a decent guy and seems to have a concept of what he wants to do with the Dolphins. But some here are getting all wrapped up in irrelevant minutiae. He sent an email to the season ticket holders and people are on the boards saying things like, "wow", "class", "stupendous". I feel like I am watching Charlotte's Web and you guys are describing Wilbur.

My thoughts on the email, his statements about his affinity for S. Florida, his passion for this job are pretty much, "Ok, great. Go win some games". Maybe I am just getting old and cynnical, but I like to think that I have standards as a Miami Dolphins fan (since 1971) and that I will judge him based on the performance of the team.

I just want to caution some of you about falling in "love" with this guy. Some of you did that with Saban and look where that got you. Be optimistic, fine, but don't be blinded by loyalty. Saban had a cult following. Cam Cameron should not have that type of loyalty. Hope for the best, expect the worst, evaluate the reality of the situation.

I have to give it to Fins fans...as jilted and abused as we have been by coaches, you guys don't let it bother you. After the buildup and offseason pickups of the 1995 Dolphins (every Fins fan was convinced were going to the SB because the coach we loved told us so) seeing how pathetic they were, I have never given a coach 100% support.

I was glad to see Shula go, twice as glad to see JJ go, my heart went out to Wannstedt because he was so pathetic, and I was just amazed at how poorly Saban coached and yet no one wanted him held accountable. I hope we don't go thru this with Cameron.
    Post of the month. 5 stars.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We should always be skeptical. It's the only possible thing that can balance the homer in all of us.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kentucky
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice post....5 stars
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Great post!

Personally I always try to remain skeptical yet supportive. I will always back my team to the best of my abilities.

Again, a great post!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Finheaven QB

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks

Excellent post. I agree with you 100%.

SHOW me something Cameron...

SCall13, Jr.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    2008 AFC EASTERN DIVISION CHAMPIONS!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    I'm back in Florida BABY!
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hold more hopefullness than I do skeptisicm. Of course you're always going to have your questions as to whether someone can do the job if they are unproven, and while I understand that we need to be cautious with regards to our expectations of Cam, I am fully throwing my support behind the guy and will follow him and our team and organization into the NFL battle week in and week out and blindly feel that we should win every game because I am a fan of the Miami Dolphins and that's what fans want regardless of who our leader is and i'll be that way for the next guy. Sure, we get battered and bruised by this coach or that, but the true test of a FAN is to get right back on that horse and show your support for your team. So sure, I want him to show me something before I place unearned praise upon him, I will also keep hope that this is the right man for the job. Go get em Cam, we're right behind you.

It's better to remain silent and appear a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!
    "Mark Twain"
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Banned forever....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Montreal, PQ
    Thanks / No Thanks

You say some of us "fell in lovwe with Saban and look where that got you". That is ridiculous analysis. The fact theat Saban left was a shocker to many. I can't think of anyone who noted, before December, that Saban was going to leave early on his own accord.
    I've posted this sentiment several times, but I think it is worth repeating. What Saban did was wrong, disingenuous, dishonest, etc. However, this has nothing to do with his coaching abilities-it may affect him in future coaching and recruiting responsibilities but says nothing about his coahing during his tenure at Miami.
    You have been a longtime (and unreasonable) critic of Saban, true. However, to imply that Saban's departure was expected and was based on his poor coaching is nonsense, and is devoid of any sound analysis.
    Need I remind you of the state of our franchise before Saban arrived? If you choose to ignore this then you don't undertsand football, notwithstanding your claim to have been a longtime dolfan. Saban took a team that was on the edge- and by the edge I mean a team that was headed in the same direction of Arizona Cardinals, Oakland Raiders etc. Namely, an extended (5+ years) period of futility- and put them in a position that they are able to compete. He started a very good process that got sidelined by some unforseen setbacks such as an injured Qb (I'm not going to go over all the arguments of why this was a reasonable decison to selct DC) . You note that no one held Saba accountable. Accountable for what? Accountable for taking a 4-12 team and going 9-7? Accountable for taking a team that was in CAP hell, right on the brink, and putting them in a much better situation? Accountable for bringing in some solid young talent and some excellent FAs? What did you expect? A SuberBowl after 2 years? It's time that fans such as yourself get your heads out of your a$$es, put down the MAdden Video for 10 minutes, actuially watch a dolphins game once in a while, before making such moronic statements about the state of the Dolphins. Prior to the whole Alabama affair, several people (media, coaches, other GMs, players including JT and ZT ) were singing the praises of Saban as an excellent coach.
    Cam Cameron comes into a pretty good positon thanks to the solid groundwork that Saban established. If you fail to see Saban's successes (and yes, I know very well that you were constanlty harping on his record, and noting that there wa no success with Saban) then I must conclude, as must any other reasonable football fan, that you don't understand football. I apologise in advance if this upsets you, insults you, etc, but you have been posting this drivel for months and it is now being repeated by many who are upset with Saban for how he left, and make the mistake of criticising him for things that are untrue.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kennewick, WA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I understand what you're saying, but I simply can't be so skepticle. I love this team way too much to ever think that they are anything but the best. I know it's usually just wishful thinking, but that's what makes being a fan so fun. Without the extreme lows, the extreme highs wouldn't be as great. Some good points my friend, but I have to differ.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    So. Fla.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqua4Ever04 View Post
    I understand what you're saying, but I simply can't be so skepticle. I love this team way too much to ever think that they are anything but the best. I know it's usually just wishful thinking, but that's what makes being a fan so fun. Without the extreme lows, the extreme highs wouldn't be as great. Some good points my friend, but I have to differ.
    Yes, I love this team hard core and thier is no way i love it skeptically.
    Even wen we went 4-12 i was talking trash to my boys about how the phins were gonna rock the pats and we did!!!! WOOOOOOOT
    Quote Quote