Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camp

1. -11
    I'm the Rabbit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Westchester, Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by djphinfan View Post
    if your a real fan and daunte comes back strong,he will be your precious daunte as well.
    YOU TOTALLY DO NOT SOUND LIKE A TRUE DOLPHIN FAN WITH THAT COMMENT.

why such hatred for a dolphin player thats doing everything he can to be our QB,,your tone is quite suspicious.
    Doing eveything he can would involve restructuring his excessive contract so that our team can sign better FA's and become contenders.

As a such an avid Dolphin fan, I'm sure you agree.
    Good fences make good neighbors.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IluvJuMiami View Post
    Doing eveything he can would involve restructuring his excessive contract so that our team can sign better FA's and become contenders.

As a such an avid Dolphin fan, I'm sure you agree.
    thats not a bad idea but for finfang to judge him on his 2006 performance is utterly laughable,the guy played four games on one leg,he had no business being on that field,i knew it,the players knew and daunte knew it but the guy wanted to be out there for us,he felt it was important to be our leader and put his career in jeapordy doing so,,,i respect that and will give him a fair chance at the position and judge him accordingly.

After two years of strethening he should be lean, fast, and most of all, a very angry quarterback,,a man with that kind of talent with that size chip on his shoulder makes for a leathal combination and we would be crazy as an organization not to find out what a real healthy daunte will be.

By the way all signs point to that being true.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    I'm the Rabbit

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Westchester, Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    thats not a bad idea but for finfang to judge him on his 2006 performance is utterly laughable,the guy played four games on one leg,he had no business being on that field,i knew it,the players knew and daunte knew it but the guy wanted to be out there for us,he felt it was important to be our leader and put his career in jeapordy doing so,,,i respect that and will give him a fair chance at the position and judge him accordingly.

After two years of strethening he should be lean, fast, and most of all, a very angry quarterback,,a man with that kind of talent with that size chip on his shoulder makes for a leathal combination and we would be crazy as an organization not to find out what a real healthy daunte will be.

By the way all signs point to that being true.
    I agree that judging on 2006 stats is not the way to go. But I also have to admit that the Culpepper I saw on the field those 4 games looked bewildered. Hopefully it was mainly because of his injury and that's a non-factor this year.

I also agree on the man's talent. He's naturaly gifted with size, strength, and if we're lucky, just a little less speed than before which would still make him mobile.

If he restructures, it would show me he is commited to the Miami Dolphins and is willing to jeopardize his earnings for our betterment.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Left So Fla, never the Fins...

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Finfang View Post
    We all know that the Culpepper project has been a farce so far.

If you folks would feel good about calling me out on being a Miami Dolphin fan

I will just say "I'm by no means a pessimist, but merely an optimist with experience"

Results matter and Daunte did not produce in 2006 for this football team.

I watched it, you watched it. Who cares about the past.

You live in 2004. I choose not to when it comes to numbers.

I choose to think about what happens today.

Time to not rely on the has been!

On the other hand, neither have any of the other QBs we've had in the last several years, including last year. And that doesn't take into consideration that Daunte should NEVER have been starting until mid-season at best. Shame on Nick and Daunte and the training staff for letting that happen. The fact is that DC has performed in the past (prior to the injury) overall. The question will be whether the injury will prevent him from getting back to that level again...hopefully this year we'll see, but it's way too soon to be dissing on DC about something that was not entirely his fault...
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    if your a real fan and daunte comes back strong,he will be your precious daunte as well.
    YOU TOTALLY DO NOT SOUND LIKE A TRUE DOLPHIN FAN WITH THAT COMMENT.

why such hatred for a dolphin player thats doing everything he can to be our QB,,your tone is quite suspicious.
    A true dolphin fan wouldn't care what the name of the QB is. They would just want the coach to pick the best one and go forward. Let the rest go. A true dolphin fan would support any move, even if it means their choice of QB is cut.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Dolfan in Canada

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hamilton, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rob19 View Post
    not entirely sure, but it certainly wouldent be beneficial. That would mean we have to take all four of the QB's salary's, all of them probably above 1 mil. We would also have to keep 4 quarterbacks on the roster, thus not letting us to have more depth on another position. JH figures to be cut, we would save money and i also think there is no need for him because im pretty confident that Cleo can be better than Joey.
    Agreed. Down with Joey

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here's what I think we will have going into 2007.

Daunte Culpepper.
    Rookie QB
    Cleo Lemon.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote