Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Mare Gone? Prater the Future?

  1. -1
    AllianceCollect's Avatar
    The Beautiful Mrs. AC.....

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    323
    vCash:
    1224
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Mare Gone? Prater the Future?

    Interesting read, buried deep in this article:

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9999832

    "Dolphins: Another day, another coach for Miami, as the Dolphins added Steve Hoffman to their staff as assistant special teams coach. Call me crazy for saying this about an assistant special teams coach, but this looks like a nice pickup. Hoffman spent several years in Dallas, where he developed young kickers like Chris Boniol, Richie Cunningham, John Jett and Toby Gowin."
    Quote Quote  

  2. -2
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,402
    vCash:
    1104
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AllianceCollect View Post
    Interesting read, buried deep in this article:

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9999832

    "Dolphins: Another day, another coach for Miami, as the Dolphins added Steve Hoffman to their staff as assistant special teams coach. Call me crazy for saying this about an assistant special teams coach, but this looks like a nice pickup. Hoffman spent several years in Dallas, where he developed young kickers like Chris Boniol, Richie Cunningham, John Jett and Toby Gowin."

    How is that Mare on the outs?
    Quote Quote  

  3. -3
    Bigjbizzle2's Avatar
    The Legend

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2005
    Posts:
    1,157
    vCash:
    1190
    Loc:
    Toledo, Oh.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    ok how do you take mare is out, out of that
    Fan Since 1985 Born Into It
    Quote Quote  

  4. -4
    TheMageGandalf's Avatar
    Pro Bowler

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    2,311
    vCash:
    2512
    Loc:
    FLORIDA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It is cryptic....but I'd say he problably assumed it because:

    Mare is not a young kicker looking for instruction anymore. He's an 'Old dog' which is so set in his ways the man refuses to even practice off the dirt infield because he apparently doesnt need to..............
    Quote Quote  

  5. -5
    AllianceCollect's Avatar
    The Beautiful Mrs. AC.....

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    323
    vCash:
    1224
    Loc:
    Long Island, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

    Clarification

    Quote Originally Posted by Bigjbizzle2 View Post
    ok how do you take mare is out, out of that
    Sorry about that, I guess I just figured that we all know about the money Mare is making & his desire to NOT renegotiate and this tidbit indicated to me that Prater in potentially more than just roster fodder and that the 'Phins could be trying to develop Prater as his replacement.
    Hope this clears things up.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6
    FinNasty's Avatar
    "The Sticker Dunk"

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2005
    Posts:
    7,219
    vCash:
    1081
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DEAR LORD!!! Prater is the worst freaking kicker in the history of the NCAA...

    The guy straight CHOKES!! He cant handle pressure AT ALL...

    He has a strong leg, and is good for kickoffs... but so is Mare...

    This kid is HORRIBLE. Please... as a fan of UCF and one who watched Prater since he was a freshman... this kid will singlehandedly lose games for us...

    Think of a missed extra point in overtime to lose the game in the Aloha Bowl...

    You guys think you hate Mare now? Wait till Prater. Trust me... you have no idea what you are dealing with. Mare is 1,000 times the kicker Prater is...
    The Future of Miami


    Where there's a will... There's a Wade...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wade after Game 3
    You know what is weird? My most confident point in the game was when we were down 13 points. I said to myself 'I'm not going out like this.'


    Quote Quote  

  7. -7
    IluvJuMiami's Avatar
    I'm the Rabbit

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2006
    Posts:
    2,640
    vCash:
    1036
    Loc:
    Westchester, Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinNasty View Post
    DEAR LORD!!! Prater is the worst freaking kicker in the history of the NCAA...

    The guy straight CHOKES!! He cant handle pressure AT ALL...

    He has a strong leg, and is good for kickoffs... but so is Mare...

    This kid is HORRIBLE. Please... as a fan of UCF and one who watched Prater since he was a freshman... this kid will singlehandedly lose games for us...

    Think of a missed extra point in overtime to lose the game in the Aloha Bowl...

    You guys think you hate Mare now? Wait till Prater. Trust me... you have no idea what you are dealing with. Mare is 1,000 times the kicker Prater is...
    Mare's gotta go though. Unless he restructures he's gotta get out of Dodge.

    I'll admit, you scare me with this post on Prater but if getting rid of Mare's inflated contract helps us get perhaps Nate Clements or Adalius Thomas and a wet behind the ears kicker, I'll take that trade.
    Good fences make good neighbors.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -8
    Starter

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2006
    Posts:
    108
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Geez! I sure hope Prater doesn't read this forum!
    Quote Quote  

  9. -9
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Apr 2006
    Posts:
    5,402
    vCash:
    1104
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IluvJuMiami View Post
    Mare's gotta go though. Unless he restructures he's gotta get out of Dodge.

    I'll admit, you scare me with this post on Prater but if getting rid of Mare's inflated contract helps us get perhaps Nate Clements or Adalius Thomas and a wet behind the ears kicker, I'll take that trade.
    Mare's contract will have zero affect on us getting any of those FAs you've just mentioned. The "most" we can get out of his contract is $1mil!!!

    Need to look at other more higher salary guys on the roster for help in signing those guys. So Mare should stay. Prater? Please.
    Quote Quote  

  10. -10
    IluvJuMiami's Avatar
    I'm the Rabbit

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Oct 2006
    Posts:
    2,640
    vCash:
    1036
    Loc:
    Westchester, Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    Mare's contract will have zero affect on us getting any of those FAs you've just mentioned. The "most" we can get out of his contract is $1mil!!!

    Need to look at other more higher salary guys on the roster for help in signing those guys. So Mare should stay. Prater? Please.
    And one million won't help? That's like saying one yard doesn't make a difference.

    Mare is not the bulk of our cap problems. You know I'm aware of this but you want to make me look like the talking horse? Why? I didn't choose your name for you.

    Mare is part of the problem and should be restructured or cut along with the many inflated contracts held by underachieving talent.

    What is with Dolphin fans and not understanding the simple mathematics of the NFL? Pay players their worth and draft blue-chip QBs that fall to you in the draft. It's not rocket science.

    By the way, stay far from the lottery because the "most" you can get out of it is $1mill!!! And we all know how you feel about that.
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Prater just kicked a 53 yarder
    By finjim in forum SPAM
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 06:05 PM
  2. Merged: Say NO to Matt Prater!!!!!!!!
    By FinNasty in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 12:08 AM
  3. Prater's touchback %
    By ranci in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-12-2007, 02:24 AM
  4. O. Mare : "Future In Miami?? Not Worried...."
    By BLITZKRIEG in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 12-09-2006, 09:07 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •