Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Welker Gone??????

1. -11
    Shark Bait

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hilton Head, SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick 1966 View Post
    Sorry, but who cares if he's the "heart of this team?" This team SUCKED the last few seasons, particularly on offense. Yes, Welker is a gutsy, hard-working player, but his presence or absence won't affect our chances at making the playoffs again one bit.
    Exactly. Everyone loved him because he was an over-achiever amidst a bunch of under-achievers. McMike and CC made him look better than he really was. I appreciate his effort, but he's not worth a second round pick by any stretch of the imagination. He's not a great return guy. He's not a #1 WR, or even a #2. Let NE start patching their roster with 2nd and 3rd tier guys now. I'm sick of it.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pasadena, MD
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Now I'm going to feel the same way about Welker that I used to feel about Wayne Chrebet. This sucks.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Proverbs 3:5-6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, the second round draft pick is nice in theory. What if that guy is a bust? You never know how draft picks will work out. I know things will move on in Miami without Welker, but that guy was one of the brightest spots on Miami during this run of bad years (2003 - 2006). He will be missed for sure!

Just out of curiosity, can Welker turn the deal down? Maybe he is talking with Cameron about getting a solid deal. He could turn down the offer, and then take something a little lower in Miami. I know that is dreaming, but can it be done legally?
    Show me the playoffs. No excuses!
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    THE SACRIFICIAL DOLPHIN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lawrence, KS
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcteems View Post
    Let's remember this when BRADY TO WELKER becomes a curse to every Dolphin fan.

"It's 3rd and 5 at the 50 yard line. NE down by one. They need the first down to get in field goal range. Brady drops back... COMPLETE TO WES WELKER FOR THE FIRST DOWN!!!"
    I see it as it being 3rd and 5 at the 50 yard line. NE down by one. They need the first down to get into field goal range. Brady drops back.....Sacked by the 2nd round stud of a DE or ILB...or maybe INT by the first rnd CB or just maybe Welker catches the ball and then BAM!!!!! Fumble as he is smothered by Jason Allen.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    THE SACRIFICIAL DOLPHIN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lawrence, KS
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Let's remember this when BRADY TO WELKER becomes a curse to every Dolphin fan.

"It's 3rd and 5 at the 50 yard line. NE down by one. They need the first down to get in field goal range. Brady drops back... COMPLETE TO WES WELKER FOR THE FIRST DOWN!!!"
    I see it as it being 3rd and 5 at the 50 yard line. NE down by one. They need the first down to get into field goal range. Brady drops back.....Sacked by the 2nd round stud of a DE or ILB...or maybe INT by the first rnd CB or just maybe Welker catches the ball and then BAM!!!!! Fumble as he is smothered by Jason Allen.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    I love lamp

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17
    Well, the second round draft pick is nice in theory. What if that guy is a bust? You never know how draft picks will work out. I know things will move on in Miami without Welker, but that guy was one of the brightest spots on Miami during this run of bad years (2003 - 2006). He will be missed for sure!

Just out of curiosity, can Welker turn the deal down? Maybe he is talking with Cameron about getting a solid deal. He could turn down the offer, and then take something a little lower in Miami. I know that is dreaming, but can it be done legally?

well, the offer sheet is like a regular contract, just under restrictions. Welker could opt not to sign it, but since he already did it's a moot point. we either match that deal or let him go. no re-negotiations
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Casselberry, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We're losing the core of a losing team? How ridiculous do you sound? It's sad, Welker embodies a professional athlete, but we need picks, we need cheap contracts to fill all of the holes and we need to get young. We have a new coach, a GM who can now do as he sees fit and we are making huge moves so far. I'm excited.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Mr. Germany

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Germany
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Smacks View Post
    Let him go. I'll take the 2nd round draft pick in a heart beat. If noone hasn't realized yet, Miami is a TRUE REBUILDING MODE. Deal with it!!!
    :yeahthat:

a 2nd round draft pick is great value! :cooldude:

Miami Dolphins 11-5!!!
    AFC East Division Champions 2009!!!
    Boston Red Sox World Series Champions 2007!!!
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    This is my worried look

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love Wes like the rest of you but seriously....this is a very speilman-esq move by the patsies...How pissed would you be if we gave up a second round pick for the third WR in a very average group of WRs ??? yes he was good for us but thank goodness Randy had the second round tender on him we signed him as a FA and three years later we get a second for him.. its not THAT bad...Relax.
    FOOTBALL SIM!!---> http://goallineblitz.com/game/signup.pl?ref=181218

Sig by HULKfish

Ckparrothead :saberfigh Fineas

R.I.P. Marquise Hill
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    philly
    Thanks / No Thanks