Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Welker Gone??????

1. -21
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mcteems View Post
    I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!! MAN!! WHAT A CRAPPY WAY TO START THE DAY!!! Welker is awesome. Miami is losing their core. It could be years before they win. The best hope they have this year is to be a one hit wonder. Even if they put something together, it would only last one season. That is what Miami is becoming... A FREAKING STOP ALONG THE WAY IN AN NFL CAREER!!! THAT SUCKS!! So let the list of "has beens" start lining up for Miami.
    Wes Welker isn't worth $38 million for one.

Wes Welker isn't worth a 2nd-round draft choice for two.

Now, $38 million + giving up a 2nd-rounder (NE)?

Jeez, ridiculous! :rolleyes2
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I keep reading all the "save Wes Welker" threads and wonder if any one of these people have seen the contract that he SIGNED. The Pats didnt just offer a contract/sheet, he signed it, so if we dont match he goes for that. Specifically though I wonder if anybody has seen the numbers. 40M for WES WELKER? Guys, Wes is a fine player and has huge heart but he has 1 receiving touchdown in his career. He isn't Chad Johnson. There are maybe 5 WRs I would have 40M to cough up for and Wes isn't even near that. I would offer him 5 years 14-5M at best and I'm being generous.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He's a #3 WR, decent punt returner, and below average kick returner.

Giving up $38 million + 2nd-rounder for that is EMBARRASSING......
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by templarwd View Post
    Welker is critical to the team's sucess this season. And to lose him to NE ?! WTF are they thinking ?

Are you serious??? Welker was our 4th WR at best, sucked as a KR, and we get an extra 2nd round pick to give us some ammo come draft day and you are pissed?
    Quote Quote  

5. -25
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by muscle979 View Post
    Now I'm going to feel the same way about Welker that I used to feel about Wayne Chrebet. This sucks.
    Well freakin said

Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the contract he signed is only 10.5 million guaranteed.

wes welker is worth more to us than the 60th pick in an average draft. i've said it all in the other wes welker threads, its really weird how ppl keep making threads when there are a bunch already. i hate saying the same thing in different threads.

welker is our devin hester and our clutch slot wideout. he is worth every penny that the patsies offer sheet says. remember bellichek is the one with 3 super bowl rings in 4 years, so i think he knows a stud named wesley when he sees one.

its like this is a bad dream and spielman is our gm again, letting welker go is the dumbest decision so far this off-season besides not cutting joey yet.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    People need to move past the money. It's not a $38 million contract as Welker will never see the end of it. That's how contracts are structured these days.

I'm guessing it's also got a poison pill in it, meaning the actual value of the contract is much lower than what's being reported.

It's Welker for a 2nd round pick. Personally, I think the Patriots will utilize him very effectively. He's a younger, quicker Troy Brown.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    the contract he signed is only 10.5 million guaranteed.

wes welker is worth more to us than the 60th pick in an average draft. i've said it all in the other wes welker threads, its really weird how ppl keep making threads when there are a bunch already. i hate saying the same thing in different threads.

welker is our devin hester and our clutch slot wideout. he is worth every penny that the patsies offer sheet says. remember bellichek is the one with 3 super bowl rings in 4 years, so i think he knows a stud named wesley when he sees one.

its like this is a bad dream and spielman is our gm again, letting welker go is the dumbest decision so far this off-season besides not cutting joey yet.
    Are you kidding me??? Our Hester?

Welker sucks on kick returns. Dude, you need to start watching the games instead of merely playing Madden and then coming on the forum and making unrealistic statements.

You really have got to be kidding me with this Welker thing. Are you a female? You sound like if you seem to have more than a little bit for this guy...

Reality is that MIA was going to look for a speedy WR that can start opposite Chambers. Welker was our #4 WR.

How in the world is the fact that we are getting an extra 2nd round pick for an undrafted free agent who is too short and too slow for our scheme and absolutely sucks on kick returns not having you singing Hallelujah ???
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    10.5M guaranteed is still too much for Wes Welker. Obviosuly he wont see the end of that contract, but still that would be our problem in a few years and even now he would be making more than Marty Booker who makes too much as it is. This draft class is DEEP in WRs, there are more than half a dozen that grade out in the 1st round, several will be available by our 2nd pick and maybe even by the NE pick we'll get. Robert Meachem or Sidney Rice > Wes Welker.
    Quote Quote  

10. -30
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    Reality is that MIA was going to look for a speedy WR that can start opposite Chambers. Welker was our #4 WR.
    Welker was 1st on the team in receptions, and 2nd in yards last season.

How that spells out #4 WR to you is beyond comprehension.
    Quote Quote