Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Welker Gone??????

1. -41
    Super Bowl 36, 38 & 39 Champions

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2nd round picks are not guaranteed success stories. That is not to say you won't draft a stud player there, but I would hold off on "the 2nd round pick is better than Welker" talk until you see who it is, and how they perform.

I have zero idea how it will all turn out. I guess we'll all wait and see.

In addition, we have 2 first round picks this year, so trading a 2nd away isn't the worst thing in the world. Re-signing those 3 three players would have been a nightmare for us.

Could be a win-win.
    Quote Quote  

2. -42
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JAcK o D1AmonDs View Post
    Welker plays his heart out every game, NE doesnt have a solid KR/PR so they need one, but if Miami wants success on this team, IMO its starts with Wes Welker
    Wow, your suggesting our #3 WR and KR/PR be the cornerstone of the team? Thats a bit of a stretch IMO.
    Quote Quote  

3. -43
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    KFFL reports:
    Patriots | Welker update
    Mon, 5 Mar 2007 10:29:38 -0800
    <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/4">Dan Pires, of The Standard-Times, reports the offer sheet the New England Patriots signed restricted free agent WR Wes Welker (Dolphins) is a seven-year, $38 million offer, according to sources close to the situation. The Patriots would have to give up a second-round draft pick to the Miami Dolphins should the Dolphins decline to match the offer.

It appears that it is now pretty official. Welker's gone.
    "It's the Ricky and Ronnie Show!":cpatch:
    Quote Quote  

4. -44
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinzen View Post
    KFFL reports:
    Patriots | Welker update
    <A href="http://www.kffl.com/link/4">Dan Pires, of The Standard-Times, reports the offer sheet the New England Patriots signed restricted free agent WR Wes Welker (Dolphins) is a seven-year, $38 million offer, according to sources close to the situation. The Patriots would have to give up a second-round draft pick to the Miami Dolphins should the Dolphins decline to match the offer.

Quote Quote  

5. -45
    Ready for Henne.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dolphinzen View Post
    KFFL reports:
    Patriots | Welker update

Bye-Bye Wes.

Hello Dwayne Bowe, Anthony Gonzalez, Andrae Allison, Jason Hill, Steve Smith, or whoever else is theree in the 2nd with either of our picks.

"Having moneys not everything, not having it is"
    Quote Quote  

6. -46
    Future 1st Rounder

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Allentown, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinaticalOne View Post
    Welker is a very good punt returner, average kick returner, and although undersized; he's a decent WR. I love Welker's heart and tenacity but I would love to have the Pat's second round pick as compensation.

The Pat's seem to be in the "win now" mode, they are being overly aggressive on this Welker deal and we should capitalize off it. Let them play checkers for once, while we play chess.

Very nice quote. Guys, think of it this way, we are given a 2nd round pick for a #3/4 WR and you want to cry? Yes he plays hard, yes he did a lot for the team but that doesn't mean we can't find someone better in the draft who can play so much better. Sidney Rice is great, Meachem and if we want a KR/PR we get Jason Hill from Washington who runs a 4.32. It's annoying when people start whining about things they can't control. I cheer the second round pick.
    Looks like the Madden Curse will continue, Brett Favre went to the Jets...

"I'm such a baby because the Dolphins make me "

Philadelphia Phillies 2008 World Series Champs!!!!
    Quote Quote  

7. -47
    BM#19

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Buffalo
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick 1966 View Post
    Sorry, but who cares if he's the "heart of this team?" This team SUCKED the last few seasons, particularly on offense. Yes, Welker is a gutsy, hard-working player, but his presence or absence won't affect our chances at making the playoffs again one bit.
    I don't like to lose Welker but if you think about it now we can put Chambers back as our slot reciever that he excelled in two years ago. Welker was alright on special teams but not great, it will be interesting who is back on the return game this year
    Quote Quote  

8. -48
    Panhandler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    No problem. We could get Kelly Washington to replace him. After all Washington has a whole 12 receptions for 200yds over the last two years. Then we trade McMike and replace him with this David Martin guy who has done practically nothing. But we have extra draft picks.
    Quote Quote  

9. -49
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Welker was 1st on the team in receptions, and 2nd in yards last season.

How that spells out #4 WR to you is beyond comprehension.
    seriously.! ill take a #2 for welker all day long, but the way some of you are justifying it is absurd. i agree with the pats fan that it will probably be a win-win. but seriously mr. ed where do you come up with 1/2 of the crap you spout off. welker sucks as a kick returner 4th best receiver my guess is that belichek and the rest of his pats staff (and my grandma for that matter) are a little better at judging talent than yourself. again, ill take a 2nd for welker but your assesment of him is completely absurd.
    Quote Quote  

10. -50
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Thephins.com
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Im goona miss welker
    Quote Quote