Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fight Fire With Fire

1. -1
    Super Donator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Central iowa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Tannehill 17

Fight Fire With Fire

It seems to me that our new england friends must be starting to shake a bit when they think about our defense heading into next year.
    Our D line should be solid with taylor, hopefully rod wright, and matt roth.
    If not wright, than perhaps alan branch.

Our linebackers obviously are going to be scary with porter, thomas and crowder. maybe poz if we draft him.

Our only question mark is going to be the secondary. We really need to think of drafting landry and moving jason allen to CB.

The pats are certainly loading up on offense at least as far as receivers go.
    We are going to have to be able to contain stallworth as he is the deep threat.

I was just seeing that they signed washington as well. They are giving into brady and getting him some weapons to throw too. I wonder if chad jackson will improve or if he was a wasted pick.

I think we should fight fire with fire. We need to target landry, by doing so our defense will be among the top five in every category.

We are going to have to be able to at least limit the amount of points the patsies put up, and I think our D will be able to do that.

It's our offense that is going to be crucial to winning the division. We are gonna have to be better than the 16.3 pts a game or whatever last year.

I wouldn't mind landry in the first, but don't you think it would be wise to load up offensively in the rest of the draft?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Russian

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Myers, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The problem is..now they got recievers..and our secondary is shaky...so..unless we find a way to get 2 bray EVERY SINGLE TIME (which, cmon..wont happen) we are screwed.
    but again...as we saw in our last victory against pats...even late hits can shake brady up..))
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Ready for Henne.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah...the patriots are just gonna look at our offense and just start laughing.

"Having moneys not everything, not having it is"
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Gardens
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The defense more than likely won't be doing much scoring so our offense
    has to improve ALOT! So far, all we've done is get rid of some pretty
    good players and not gotten anything in return for them. Hopefully,
    Mueller will be smart enough to draft some good offensive players
    whether it be on O-line, quarterback, or wide reciever and
    forget about the defense for the most part.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How about we fight fire with water and not worry about the Pats? Landry would be cool though, but people might want to hold down the expectations in his first year as a pro. I'm more partial to an OL like Levi Brown though. Just hoping he wont be a bust :/.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 2413fanphins View Post
    It seems to me that our new england friends must be starting to shake a bit when they think about our defense heading into next year.
    Our D line should be solid with taylor, hopefully rod wright, and matt roth.
    If not wright, than perhaps alan branch.

Our linebackers obviously are going to be scary with porter, thomas and crowder. maybe poz if we draft him.

Our only question mark is going to be the secondary. We really need to think of drafting landry and moving jason allen to CB.

The pats are certainly loading up on offense at least as far as receivers go.
    We are going to have to be able to contain stallworth as he is the deep threat.

I was just seeing that they signed washington as well. They are giving into brady and getting him some weapons to throw too. I wonder if chad jackson will improve or if he was a wasted pick.

I think we should fight fire with fire. We need to target landry, by doing so our defense will be among the top five in every category.

We are going to have to be able to at least limit the amount of points the patsies put up, and I think our D will be able to do that.

It's our offense that is going to be crucial to winning the division. We are gonna have to be better than the 16.3 pts a game or whatever last year.

I wouldn't mind landry in the first, but don't you think it would be wise to load up offensively in the rest of the draft?
    Just a note on Chad Jackson. Jackson tore his ACL in the AFCC game vs indy and had surgery to repair it in january. Right now it looks as though he'll miss traing camp again so he most likely won't be ready for opening day. I suspect with all the WR we have that he'll start the season on PUP at the very least and could even wind up on the injuried/out list for the year.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MR NFLFAN View Post
    Just a note on Chad Jackson. Jackson tore his ACL in the AFCC game vs indy and had surgery to repair it in january. Right now it looks as though he'll miss traing camp again so he most likely won't be ready for opening day. I suspect with all the WR we have that he'll start the season on PUP at the very least and could even wind up on the injuried/out list for the year.

Not to mention Troy Brown is going to retire and probably moreso now that all these guys are in town.

BTW. It does not bother me that the Pats are taking major risks on players and paying big bucks for it. That will only backfire on them long term.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Finheaven Hall of Fame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenSnips View Post
    Yeah...the patriots are just gonna look at our offense and just start laughing.
    Joey Harrington and the laughingstocks 21- Patriots 0.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Head Dolphin In This Pod

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rohnert Park, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dodge LogoPlaystation LogoTannehill 17Cam Wake 911972 Dolphins Logo
    Go Landry.

Move Allen to CB
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Marino for President

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree that our secondary may have some issues with NE. I would like to say that the have to have time to throw the ball. It looks like Miami will not hand time over easily. The front seven will take pressure off the secondary. Additionally the secondarys best friend is knowing that they have to throw. Our secondary as is performed well against Indy. With another year under the belt I think we will be fine. Our early pics are better spent on offense if possible.

Head of the draft Brad Cottam bandwagon.
    Quote Quote