Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: need help from madden know it alls

1. -1
    I got cut

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks

need help from madden know it alls

if u buy madden for the ps2 or xbox u have to pay a extra fee to play them on-line, right? if u buy it for computer, do u still have to pay a fee to play them on-line, or can u play madden on-line for free?

also, what is the gameplay like for madden on the computer? i played madden 2000 on my computer once and it was a very choppy game play, making it unfun. (nmot on-line, just a normal game) does the computer gameplay compare to the ps2 or xbox gameplay? i played madden 2003 for the xbox once and i thought the game play was almost perfect. (except for the fact that i lost.)

anyways i look forward to hearing the answers to my questions, thanks to who ever will help. i will buy madden 2004 for computer instead of the ps2 or xbox if the gameplay is good, and the on-line play is free. you see i have no friends so i need on-line play so i don't have to play the computer always.

also, i really hope the computer version is good in the two things i listed, because i don't have enough money for a ps2 or xbox, so i will feel follish after i buy the game for ps2 or xbox. ok, this post has gone on way to long, why am i even still typing? i bet no one has even read this much of my post anyways. i guess i could take this time for some alone time for myself and type myself a message. well bobby, your hair looks good today. why thank you bobby, i used gel today. wow, that gel really highlights your eyes....

now can u understand why i have no friends and need on-line game play to play a real person? it seems no one can stand to be in the same room as me for more than 1 minute. and soon no one will stay on the same thread as me for more than 30 seconds, so i better make this post count, it could be my last human read post ever. but, i am out of things to type. damn, oh well, it was a good run. you may now return to your busy lives and stop reading this post because it is over, well almost over. i just need to type 'bye'. ok, now it is over.
    Hi
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Charlotte, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You dont havce to pay to play online for ps2
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    I got cut

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    u don't have to pay nothing extra? just have a ps2, the game and a internet hook-up?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You don't have to pay for 2003 but if I am not mistaken, they are still undecided about 2004. As far as the game being choppy on the PC it's your graphics card more than the game i'd say.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Brent Barry

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You can't play Madden online on XBOX because microsoft and EA are havinf a disagreement.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hollywood
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's not really a disagreement. All EA Sports 2004 console games are online exclusive to PS2 only. The games aren't online-enabled for the GameCube, either.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm in the exact same predicament. If I don't get the PC version (which is the cheapest BTW), I've got to buy a PS2 or XBOX console....which would have been tough even when I had a job.

From what I'm told, they design the PC version for the lowest common denominator. Meaning they make sure the guy with the crappiest system can play it....whereas all PS2's and XBOX's are all the same console. So gameplay and graphics are going to be better on consoles.

I played Madden 2003 on the PC a little bit. And it was ok. I really needed a better controller. That's very important. I've been trying to find out what's a good PC controller for that game. I've got the Microsoft Sidewinder (fairly low end) and it simply was not good enough for Madden. Plus, I didn't like playing Madden on a 17" screen. It would look much better on my record-breaking 27" TV.

Hey, they make it for PS1 still. And I've still got one of those. Maybe that's an option.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    I got cut

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i have a ps1 too, i have madden 2000, and 2002 for it. i rented madden 2003 for it once, but i found it to be very simular to madden 2002 so ididn't buy it. so i think madden 2004 for the ps1 will be the same again....

anyways, about this graphics card. i am not sure what my computer (the computer i borrow) has. i know its a pentium 3 and can play dvds very well. does the graphic card play the dvds too> or is that different?

thanks
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, PS1 is officially eliminated. No Owner Mode!!!

A graphics card takes a computer's digital information and turns it into images for display. Being that you're using a PIII, you're graphics card probably isn't anything special. One way to tell would be to go into your "Device Manager" and look under "Display Adapters".

Your best bet is to look at what the game's "minimum hardware requirements" call for. I haven't found that information yet, though. Might not be available yet.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Dolphins, Buckeyes, MMA, and hot chicks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Columbus, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Madden 2004 will be free online, however MADDEN 2005 will cost at least $9.95 a month online. This is the whole fight between Microsoft and EA. it has absolutely nothing to do with being exclusive to PS2 or anything like that. Microsoft will not allow them to charge extra $$$ for Madden online. its all a power trip of some sort and WILL be sorted by next year, someone will give in. i have both systems online and i will tell you this:PS2 online network SUCKS compared to XBOX live and people are boycotting Madden this year. if numbers slip this year EA will have to give in or lose a foothold on the incredible series that they have created and built upon for years. Check out my write up on all four versions and i challenge anyone to a game anytime. BTW, I have MADDEN 2003 on the PS2, Xbox, Gamecube, and PC. XBOX VERSION IS HANDS DOWN THE ABSOLUTE BEST VERSION BY FAR.

WELCOME
    Brandon Marshall, Karlos Dansby, Richie Incognito, Tim Dobbins
    Jared Odrick, Koa Misi, John Jerry, AJ Edds, Nolan Carroll, Reshad Jones, Chris McCoy, Austin Spitler

*major MMA supporter!!!!!*
    Quote Quote