Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Who will be the Madden 08 cover athlete?

1. -1
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Who will be the Madden 08 cover athlete?

Well, who do you think?

Personally, I think it's going to be Drew Brees. There's a darkhorse though, alot, ALOT, of talk saying that it could be Chad Pennington. He doesn't need help getting injured, so I don't want to see it.

Who do you guys think makes it?
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Perennial All Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    :lolcry: Chad Pennington :lolcry:

Miami Dolphins
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    RI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They would lose a lot of respect if they put Chad Pennington on the cover.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've heard it alot of places.

Apparently there is a new "leadership" factor. They went with a random guy for NCAA too, the Boise State QB.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Giants GM

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Alabama
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I honestly think its JT.
    Made by YM305

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawai'i
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewAlmighty View Post
    I've heard it alot of places.

Apparently there is a new "leadership" factor. They went with a random guy for NCAA too, the Boise State QB.

Well, the NCAA cover wasn't "random" if you think about it. Who would you have put? Troy Smith? He bombed in the big game. Anyone from the Gators? They were spotty and inconsistent all year and wo a LOT of games they shouldn' have, and none of them truely dominated the field. Adrian Peterson? Injured half the year. Calvin Johnson? His team did nothing. Brady Quinn? Had a horrible finish to his career. Jamarcus Russell? What did he do all year? Joe Thomas? An OL on the cover of Madden? (only even suggested Thomas because I was naming the projected top 5 draft picks)

So it makes SENSE Zabransky is the cover athlete. He put up big numbers all year, his team even GETTING a BCS bowl was a "cinderella story", nevermind knocking off a big time BCS team in a big time BCS bowl, and with last minute (literally) heroics to boot. I honestly can't see a BETTER candidate. Sure, there are better football players out there, but who had a better season from begining to end, and who had the better story to go with it?

As far as Madden goes, I'd give it to Peyton. He FINALLY won a SB, and I really can't think of anyone else who you could make a SERIOUS case for that would top the story of Manning FINALLY winning the big game.
    Texas Longhorns - 2006 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS :rocker:
    Guy 1: "Were you on steroids?"
    Chazz Michael Michaels: "Yes, yes I was, about a half a cup."

Keith Richards: "I snorted my father" :rocker:
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    You could have had free beer, for shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Majpain View Post
    I honestly think its JT.
    STFU don't put it out there!
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent51 View Post
    Well, the NCAA cover wasn't "random" if you think about it. Who would you have put? Troy Smith? He bombed in the big game. Anyone from the Gators? They were spotty and inconsistent all year and wo a LOT of games they shouldn' have, and none of them truely dominated the field. Adrian Peterson? Injured half the year. Calvin Johnson? His team did nothing. Brady Quinn? Had a horrible finish to his career. Jamarcus Russell? What did he do all year? Joe Thomas? An OL on the cover of Madden? (only even suggested Thomas because I was naming the projected top 5 draft picks)

So it makes SENSE Zabransky is the cover athlete. He put up big numbers all year, his team even GETTING a BCS bowl was a "cinderella story", nevermind knocking off a big time BCS team in a big time BCS bowl, and with last minute (literally) heroics to boot. I honestly can't see a BETTER candidate. Sure, there are better football players out there, but who had a better season from begining to end, and who had the better story to go with it?

As far as Madden goes, I'd give it to Peyton. He FINALLY won a SB, and I really can't think of anyone else who you could make a SERIOUS case for that would top the story of Manning FINALLY winning the big game.
    I'd say Peyton as well, but if I remember correctly, they've never put a player who has won a Super Bowl the previous year. Coincidence or on purpose? Who knows.

I personally think Drew Brees is the guy who's going to be on the cover. if not, a shot of the whole entire Chargers offensive line (going out on a limb here, I know).
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pembroke Pines, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    LaDainian Tomlinson. This isn't even a serious question.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hawai'i
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desides View Post
    LaDainian Tomlinson. This isn't even a serious question.
    That would be cool, as he is my favorite NFL player, but it would suck if he got hurt "from the curse", as I always manage to nab him in Fantasy Football, and he SINGLE HANDEDLY wins me games. It was funny last year when everyone in my 4 leagues listened to the "experts" and picked Larry Johnson first and I was like HA!, suckers. I took LT 1st overall in 1 league and 3 people typed "you just blew that pick" (or something along those lines) in the chatbox. Oh I did huh? Another league I got LT at pick FIVE. It went Larry Johnson, Shaun Alexander, Peyton Manning, Randy Moss, my LT pick . The other 2 leagues he was gone before I picked, but Larry Johnson went before him in both of those too
    Quote Quote