Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SportingNews Fantasty Football's rankings

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

SportingNews Fantasty Football's rankings

I just bought SportingNews Fantasty Football magazine yesterday and it is interesting how they ranks Miami.

Quarterbacks (rank 29th)(they ranks our quarterbacks before Miami signed Griese) Jay Fiedler doesn't make a lot of mistakes, but his lack of arm strength limits his opportunities to throw downfield. Fiedler also is undersized, so he has problems finding open receivers, and some of his passes get knocked down at the line. As a runner, Fiedler has the abiltiy to make defenders miss. He will get more opportunities in the red zone now that Ray Lucas is gone and no longer will replace him near the goal line.

That is what they says about Quarterbacks, I know I was not supposed to type in full article but there is no links as i got it from magazine, so is it allowed??? I want to know, so I can type in what they said about out running backs, receivers, offensive line, defense line, linebackers, secondary, kickers, and return game.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Running Backs (rank 1st) In his first season with the Dolphins, Ricky Williams led the league in rushing and set personal bests for yards, yards per carry and touchdowns. Williams worked hard to get into shape last offseason and showed improved explosiveness. Travis Minor and Robert Edwards will get some touches in relief of Williams. At fullback, Rob Konrad is a reliable receiver, and Deon Dyer is a physical lead blocker.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Receivers (rank 28th, don't know why they rank us that low???) James McKnight could replace Oronde Gadsden as starter opposite Chris Chambers, but McKnight drops too many passes to be considered a prototypical No. 2 receiver. Chambers is a threat to score every time he touches the ball, he hasn't shown the ability to beat double coverage. Derrius Thompson, coming off a 53-catch season for the Redskins, must prove it wasn't a fluke. He likely will beat out McKnight for the No. 2 job. At tight end, Randy McMichael has the speed to stretch defenses.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Offensive line (rank 19th) All five starters played better than expected last year and they return, but there are concerns. Left tackle Mark Dixon will turn 33 during this season, and he was hindered by ankle injuries the past two seasons. Dixon no longer shows the lateral mobility needed in pass protection. Wade Smith was taken in the third round, but it's doubtful he can contribute this season. At center, Seth Mckinney could push Tim Ruddy because Ruddy lacks the power to be an effective run blocker.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Defensive line (rank 1st) Miami's front four is talented and deep. Tackles Tim Bowens and Larry Chester do an excellent job of clogging the middle and keeping blockers off the linebackers. Free-agent acquisition Jeff Zgonina is the best pass rusher of the three and will provide quality depth. Jason Taylor, who led the league in sacks last year, is one of the best ends in the league, and he should benefit from the emergence of Adewale Ogunleye. Rob Burnett, Jay Williams and David Bowens provide depth. Each can move inside on obvious passing downs.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Don't believe everything you think.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    your six
    Thanks / No Thanks
    :huh:....I'm not sure DOLBET, I'll leave it here until somebody smartur than ME decides what to do.
    Last edited by inFINSible; 07-06-2003 at 10:30 AM.
    At a television studio in Hollywood on Monday night, Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor was doing the fox trot. He probably was wearing makeup, too.
    About an hour south down Interstate 5, quarterback John Beck was on the verge of lining up his chicken nuggets in a shotgun formation.

Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Linebackers (rank 10th) Free-agent acquisition Junior Seau might be aging, but he still is an explosive tackler who will force some fumbles. Zach Thomas is coming off a carrer-high tackles total. He is one of the few inside linebackers in the league who doesn't have to be replaced in the nickel package. A concern entering the season is the play of Morlon Greenwood on the outside. He has been something of a disappointment.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Secondary (rank 3) Surprisingly, Sam Madison gave up a lot of big plays last season, but still he and Patrick Surtain make up one of the best corner tandems in the league. Both have skills to provide big plays. At safety, Brock Marion always seems to be around the ball. Sammy Knight, a top playmaker with the saints, should be just as productive in this defense.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Kickers (rank 9th) Olindo Mare's accuracy dipped to 77.4 percent in 2002 after he made better than 90 percent of his kicks the previous two seasons. He should rebound.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Return game (rank 13th) Charlie Rogers, who returned a kickoff for a touchdown last season, has the moves to make defenders miss, but he lacks breakaway speed.
    Quote Quote