Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFL.Com Feature- AFC East (merged)

1. -11
    Mad Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Don't write off Brady as the best in the AFC East.

He did have 3800 yards last year, 28 TDs and virtually the same QB rating as Bledose while throwing to far inferior receivers and having no running game.
    Free Tibet

Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by justafan
    Here's another

http://covers.com/includes/article.aspx?theArt=7967

Thanks to billszone for finding the articles.
    Justa go back and look, I posted this thread on the Billszone..
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by MDFINFAN

Justa go back and look, I posted this thread on the Billszone..
    I took the articles from the frontpage. I saw you started a thread but didn't know you contributed it. My bad and thanks.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry dude, but in this case Peerless Price does not get enough credit.

Go ahead and check out the career statistics of both players man. In Peerless' first year with the Bills he caught 52 balls for 762 yards (3 TDs). In his second year with the Bills he caught 55 balls for 895 yards (7 TDs). In this, his third year, he caught 94 balls for 1252 yards and 9 TDs. How can anyone call this anything but steady progress? Isn't this the same kind of progress we expected out of Chris Chambers?

Meanwhile in Coles first year he caught 22 for 370 yards, then 59 for 868, then 89 for 1264.

I mean, I'm not seeing the difference here. I'm not seeing how one is an excellent receiver while the other is just a "#2 with one good year under his belt" The bottom line is these are two players who are very alike, and losing Laveraneous means a lot to the Jets, just as losing Peerless means a lot to the Bills despite what Bills fans will tell you.

Losing a player of that caliber is like losing an arm or a leg to an offense. I don't care what else they've got. Ask our own Brian Griese what it was like to lose Ed McCaffrey in game 1 of the 2001 season, even though they still had Rod Smith. Sure the Bills may have Eric Moulds, but as I just got done pointing out, the Jets have the better QB, RB, and comparable (if not outright better) OL. There's no way it can be considered responsible to emphasize the loss of Laveraneous Coles to the Jets, while completely de-emphasizing the loss of Peerless Price to the Bills.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    "Another Battle, for the AFC East Title"

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    EverGlades, FLA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I got to be the black sheep here, because I think the Pats picked up the most offseason talent. Don't kill me too slow, ok?:chair:
    "Before the Bills, Jets, or Pats, can reach the playoffs, the road passes thru Miami!"
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Mad Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by marcusreal
    I got to be the black sheep here, because I think the Pats picked up the most offseason talent. Don't kill me too slow, ok?:chair:
    Their only major acquisition was Roosevelt Colvin.
    Rodney Harrison is a downgrade from Tebucky Jones
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Section 118 Row 1 Seat 5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    BUFFALO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bro, it’s simple. Coles was their best WR. Who cares about numbers. He was their BEST. Price was not our best WR. Price is very good, but he’s no Moulds. Will it hurt? Sure it will. But we still have one of the best WR’s in his Prime in Eric Moulds. The Jets have an injury prone Curtis Conway taking over as their top guy. It’s a huge difference.
    Go Bills.

Miami Dolphins football, Forever mediocre.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    In a land far, far away
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry guys... this is getting moved to the Beast of the AFC East forum.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    CK, this is the reason why we don't think Peerless will not be missed that much

"Since there is a glut of promising young receivers, we're going with four wideouts and no tight end or fullback.

The most obvious pick is Josh Reed of the Bills. "If I were a fantasy football guy, I'd take him," Bills assistant general manager Tom Modrak says. With Peerless Price in Atlanta, Reed figures to catch a lot of Drew Bledsoe passes this season. Last year, four Bills players had more receptions than Reed, but none of them had a better average per catch than his 13.8 yards. "

http://www.sportingnews.com/voices/d...?20030708.html

We figure if Reed had been the no. 2 wr he could've benefited from Drew as qb and Moulds opposite him just like Price. Actually he did. 500+ yards as a rookie no. 3 wr is not too shabby especially since the 2 wr's ahead of him caught for over 1000's yards.

What we lost in Peerless , hopefully we will get back through the D that we are hoping will get more turnovers and better field position. The bills and raiders were one of the better passing O last year and it got us nowhere and the Raiders were beaten by a defensive team. We were successful at running first and throwing second which we did against the fins @buffalo. We had a more balanced attack then and that's were the team is headed. Hopefully.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by WharfRat
    Sorry guys... this is getting moved to the Beast of the AFC East forum.
    But WhafRat this thread talks about the Dolphins as much as the rest of the AFCE..this should stay in the main Dolphins forum..the response alone should tell you it's Phins kind of subject matter. If it was only about the Bills I could see that, but it's not.
    Quote Quote