Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: Quarterback is our main objective in draft/We get green we draft a young qb in draft.

1. -1
    The Finheaven Intimidator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quarterback is our main objective in draft/We get green we draft a young qb in draft.

You people might be missing the point of getting Trent Green. We will probably draft Brady Quinn while he is groomed behind Trent Green. At the right time when Green Goes down we will have our Rookie Step up like Ben Rothisberger.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Wasnt Big Ben thrown in there the first year???

Brady will sit for 2 years like a Philips River
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maine
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeus24 View Post
    Wasnt Big Ben thrown in there the first year???

Brady will sit for 2 years like a Philips River

i think you meant to say "PHILIP RIVERS" i didn't realize he had his own RIVER
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    I'm your huckleberry

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ben got in there because Maddox got injured, that's the only reason. If we got Green and Quinn, a similar thing could happen, though I'd prefer for Quinn to be 3rd string behind Green and Lemon, at least for the first half of the season

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Minnesota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    While I agree they are most likely looking at bringing in Green not only as a potential short-term solution, but to mentor the next generation QB for the Phins. Will it be Quinn, Stanton, Kolb, Beck, etc., etc. ????? Who knows (except for Cam/Mueller)? But I'm betting they have two possible routes on this. Quinn if XY&Z happens and ???? if it doesn't. Regardless, I'd be shocked if we didn't grab a QB somewhere on day 1.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Buffalo, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    i'm telling you guys trent green is a big mistake, like wilcox said on nfl network, green is like a candle one blow and he's out, i'm tired of giving up icks for these old players, wow well' have green for a few years or so, green isn't that mobile, he never had big playoff games but he plays perfect in the reg, season, i see there is nothing new with this coach, if marty wasn't employed we would of pick him instead the new coach, he wants green becasue he is fimilar with him, come on
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Philly
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JFoxx View Post
    While I agree they are most likely looking at bringing in Green not only as a potential short-term solution, but to mentor the next generation QB for the Phins. Will it be Quinn, Stanton, Kolb, Beck, etc., etc. ????? Who knows (except for Cam/Mueller)? But I'm betting they have two possible routes on this. Quinn if XY&Z happens and ???? if it doesn't. Regardless, I'd be shocked if we didn't grab a QB somewhere on day 1.

I'd be fine with Quinn or Stanton...anyone after that I'm kinda not really interested. At that point, I'd rather fill another need on the team.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Monkey Milk

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta, GA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Trent Green scares the hell out of me. I think he has the same potential to go down in flames as an unhealthy Daunte Culpepper. Acquiring Green and letting Culpepper go, is 6 of one and a half-dozen of the other. Both qbs have the potential of putting up eye-popping statistics and taking their teams to the playoffs. But the key is IF they're healthy. Trent Green's oft concussed cranium is no less likely to have us phinphans crying in our beer than Daunte's shredded knee. I don't know what the hell we should do as an intermediate fix to our quarterback situation, but I think TG would end up being an enormous mistake.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Green Lemon And Quinn Your 2007 Dolphins Qb's......
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JFoxx View Post

I have a feeling within the 1st 3 picks, Miami will have a Rookie QB, I don't think we will wait till the 3rd round, I do not even think we will wait till our second #2.
    Quote Quote