Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 7 of 643 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

1. -61
    I am a golden god

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydog57 View Post
    You might have to win a few more rings before that happens.:wink:
    Touche Canes fan touche indeed.

But we're the Champs!
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote  

2. -62
    wiley veteran bad spelur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    indian river country
    Thanks / No Thanks
    the 1988 Miami - Oklahoma game is on the Sunshine Network right now... they are with Jimmuh, right now.
    18-1 Choke of the Century

Click on VIP badge to Join
    Quote Quote  

3. -63
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    U. Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cnc66 View Post
    the 1988 Miami - Oklahoma game is on the Sunshine Network right now... they are with Jimmuh, right now.

I just PM'd you about the same thing
    Quote Quote  

4. -64
    wiley veteran bad spelur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    indian river country
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Celtkin View Post

I just PM'd you about the same thing
    like minds....:goof:
    Quote Quote  

5. -65
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    U. Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What is sad is that when the announcer mentioned the 1987 Fiesta Bowl loss, I remembered it and it still pisses me off

In this (1988) game, we preview two future Dallas HC's and more than a few NFL stars. THIS was the game where we shut down their dominate run offense and shut their yap.
    Quote Quote  

6. -66
    wiley veteran bad spelur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    indian river country
    Thanks / No Thanks
    HA ! Coach just got a sack !
    Quote Quote  

7. -67
    wiley veteran bad spelur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    indian river country
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Coach got ANOTHER one !!
    Quote Quote  

8. -68
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just ordered on DVD two of the Canes/ND games from the late-80's, as well as this OU game you guys are talking about. Love the Canes but UM "history" for me is really little before 1998 Figured it's time to get myself acquainted with the "good ol' days"

Is it 3am yet?
    Quote Quote  

9. -69
    Crank Yanker

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Inside your head
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HysterikiLL View Post
    I just ordered on DVD two of the Canes/ND games from the late-80's, as well as this OU game you guys are talking about. Love the Canes but UM "history" for me is really little before 1998 Figured it's time to get myself acquainted with the "good ol' days"
    Well, young Jedi, your teachings should start back in the day of the first years of greatness. You should look to get the "Miami Hurricanes: Modern Dynasty Series Box Set". It's 5 DVD's covering all the Championships as well as other documentaries. Here's a link :http://www.amazon.com/Miami-Hurrican.../dp/B00016R5QU No die-hard Canes fan should be without it, as it states the obvious, that we're the best that ever was, and then some. Enjoy!:peace: Seriously, 5 Championships in 20 years, that's hard to beat, read up on your history. We have too much to be proud of to let it be forgotten. The book 'Cane Mutiny' by Bruce Feldman is another great one. Lots of great stories about the path to greatness. We OWNED the 80's in College Football, everybody was scared to death of us. Read up on it, and you'll be proud to say, "It's great, to be, a Miami Hurricane!" Any additional info needed, pm me.:peace:
    Quote Quote  

10. -70
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydog57 View Post
    Well, young Jedi, your teachings should start back in the day of the first years of greatness. You should look to get the "Miami Hurricanes: Modern Dynasty Series Box Set". It's 5 DVD's covering all the Championships as well as other documentaries. Here's a link :http://www.amazon.com/Miami-Hurrican.../dp/B00016R5QU No die-hard Canes fan should be without it, as it states the obvious, that we're the best that ever was, and then some. Enjoy!:peace: Seriously, 5 Championships in 20 years, that's hard to beat, read up on your history. We have too much to be proud of to let it be forgotten. The book 'Cane Mutiny' by Bruce Feldman is another great one. Lots of great stories about the path to greatness. We OWNED the 80's in College Football, everybody was scared to death of us. Read up on it, and you'll be proud to say, "It's great, to be, a Miami Hurricane!" Any additional info needed, pm me.:peace:

That's some awesome info. man. Thanks v. much. I grew up loving the Canes of the late 90's and into the recent dynasty...the last few years I haven't really been a huge fan of anyone, just a fan of the game, but I've spent this offseason watching and re-watching old Canes tapes and I'm more of a fan than ever...there's something about the passion, and the history, the swagger, the pride -- 5 national championships in 20 years, like you said...you see that passion in every game played, even if the team lacked talent last season, I can see that there was that heart in there, deep deep down, to be a Hurricane and live up to it all.

I'm going to check out that stuff...I've heard all the names like Irvin, Kelly and Kosar, & of course Schnellenberger and JJ but I think watching them will put all the history in perspective for a younger guy like me
    Quote Quote