Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 546 of 626 FirstFirst ... 541542543544545546547548549550551 ... LastLast
Results 5,451 to 5,460 of 6253

Thread: ***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

1. -5451
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan3773 View Post
    I had to work today and didn't watch the game, heard bits and pieces on the radio. How did we look? I know Duke Johnson balled.

Btw...did anyone see the Sean Spence injury? I feel bad man.
    The defense was terrible and gave up over 400 yards, but it created several turnovers and held BC to FGs in the red zone.

The offense was good. Morris was solid, and Duke was a beast. Duke ran for two 50+ yard TDs. Our short passing game was terrific.

We were getting destroyed early being down 14-0, but the team responded and took the lead at the half.

Eventually we were up 3 scores, and BC tried to comeback. To end the game Miami had a goal line stand to stop BC on 4th and Goal, and they took a safety to end the game.

Quote Quote  

2. -5452
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    D's still a work in progress, but that's pretty expected with so many young guys on there.

The O looked fairly solid, got to cut down on drops a bit, but not too bad. Duke Johnson's an absolute stud.

I think we beat KSU next game.
    Quote Quote  

3. -5453
    Sucker Free Sunday

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Awesome seeing freshman make big plays. Nice to see Golden's recruits contribute right away

The U
    Quote Quote  

4. -5454
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CedarPhin View Post
    D's still a work in progress, but that's pretty expected with so many young guys on there.

The O looked fairly solid, got to cut down on drops a bit, but not too bad. Duke Johnson's an absolute stud.

I think we beat KSU next game.
    If we have a game similar to last year I think we can win. This team seems far more physical.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5455
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This KSU game is the perfect test. We lost last year purely because we were out muscled and out fought. Shannon brought up this group of soft quitters. If the first game was any indication, Golden seems to have changed that mentality in this 2nd year. These froshes seem to play much more aggressively and can match KSU's physicality. I'm really looking forward to the game. I think we show some real fight.
    Quote Quote  

6. -5456
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
    This KSU game is the perfect test. We lost last year purely because we were out muscled and out fought. Shannon brought up this group of soft quitters. If the first game was any indication, Golden seems to have changed that mentality in this 2nd year. These froshes seem to play much more aggressively and can match KSU's physicality. I'm really looking forward to the game. I think we show some real fight.
    I try so hard not to get excited about the Hurricanes anymore. But it's difficult for me not to be excited for Saturday at noon after what I seen against Boston College. Damn that Duke Johnson is a monster.

But we still have A LOT of things to correct and improve on if we're gonna go on the road and beat a tough team like Kansas State. Jesus Christ...can we cover a tight end for a change? Chris Rettig looked like a boss against us. How many times did they go to the tight end this past Saturday? Made me sick. Stephen Morris can't throw balls into the dirt and he can't throw to the wrong shoulder. I need to see guys catching passes on the move and getting up field. We have too much speed at the WR position for guys to be stopping and starting again. These kids should be firing off the line, one move to shake a defender, catch the ball, don't stop until you hit the end zone.

Defense was BAD against Boston College. I think D'Onofrio had the right packages in place to stop what Boston College was trying to do offensively, but these kids just aren't executing. How many times did we see Eddie Johnson leave the huddle, head to the sidelines, only to head back out onto the field. These dudes look confused on some plays. Can't have that. Gotta be better on Saturday against Kansas State.

Quote Quote  

7. -5457
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Duke Johnson named ACC player of the week and Al Golden names ACC Coach of the week
    Quote Quote  

8. -5458
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    I try so hard not to get excited about the Hurricanes anymore. But it's difficult for me not to be excited for Saturday at noon after what I seen against Boston College. Damn that Duke Johnson is a monster.

But we still have A LOT of things to correct and improve on if we're gonna go on the road and beat a tough team like Kansas State. Jesus Christ...can we cover a tight end for a change? Chris Rettig looked like a boss against us. How many times did they go to the tight end this past Saturday? Made me sick. Stephen Morris can't throw balls into the dirt and he can't throw to the wrong shoulder. I need to see guys catching passes on the move and getting up field. We have too much speed at the WR position for guys to be stopping and starting again. These kids should be firing off the line, one move to shake a defender, catch the ball, don't stop until you hit the end zone.

Defense was BAD against Boston College. I think D'Onofrio had the right packages in place to stop what Boston College was trying to do offensively, but these kids just aren't executing. How many times did we see Eddie Johnson leave the huddle, head to the sidelines, only to head back out onto the field. These dudes look confused on some plays. Can't have that. Gotta be better on Saturday against Kansas State.
    It's hard not to get excited when the right guy is in charge. I remember hearing Shannon speak at orientation and getting nothing from it except the reality that the team was completely ****ed. It's time to start being the U again. Putting our faith in slickly groomed gentlemen works for Miami teams.

There were plenty of negatives. The defense was brutal. We probably wouldn't have won that game without all of BC's drops and TOs. D'Onofrio leaves himself open for some criticism. Obviously those young defenders are going to be out of position, but the TE was exploiting the hell out of the seam and every time we blitzed they were ready with a screen the other way. There better be adjustments and the kids better learn fast. Beating KSU on the road is a lot to expect. But if they do...

Congrats to Duke and Golden. Duke was a runaway freight train. Only 7 carries. I think he's earned a few more.
    Quote Quote  

9. -5459
    This Is My House

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mogwai View Post
    It's hard not to get excited when the right guy is in charge. I remember hearing Shannon speak at orientation and getting nothing from it except the reality that the team was completely ****ed. It's time to start being the U again. Putting our faith in slickly groomed gentlemen works for Miami teams.

There were plenty of negatives. The defense was brutal. We probably wouldn't have won that game without all of BC's drops and TOs. D'Onofrio leaves himself open for some criticism. Obviously those young defenders are going to be out of position, but the TE was exploiting the hell out of the seam and every time we blitzed they were ready with a screen the other way. There better be adjustments and the kids better learn fast. Beating KSU on the road is a lot to expect. But if they do...

Congrats to Duke and Golden. Duke was a runaway freight train. Only 7 carries. I think he's earned a few more.
    Good post. Agreed.
    Quote Quote  

10. -5460
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We look like complete **** out there...
    Quote Quote