Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 609 of 624 FirstFirst ... 604605606607608609610611612613614 ... LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,090 of 6232

Thread: ***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

1. -6081
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by MelbournePhin View Post
    hasn't UM had 3 top 15 recruiting classes in a row? the talent is there
    no. Not yet.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/11/0...-superior.html

The Hurricanes don’t have any five-star recruits among next year’s commitments, but they do have 11 four-star prospects. UM’s class (26 commitments) is ranked sixth by Rivals. FSU (25 commitments) is ranked seventh.

FSU lined up with nine Rivals five-star prospects Saturday: defensive ends Eddie Goldman, Mario Edwards, Jacobbi McDaniel and Christian Jones; defensive backs Jalen Ramsey and Joyner; quarterback Jameis Winston; and running backs Wilder and Karlos Williams.

UM had three: Howard, Henderson( sucks) and Johnson.

FSU has 3 or 4 quality backs. Duke goes down and we are in trouble. Big difference in talent level.
    Quote Quote  

2. -6082
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    Yup. Sucks. Losing to FSU, it is what it is. They're the better team, tip of the hat to them, and I'll root for them if they play Bama in the NC. But losing Duke in the process sucks. He's a good kid who doesn't deserve it. He's not built for a heavy load but that's the only way we can win with Morris being so ass at football. Much rather an ankle injury than a knee injury. He'll be back next year, and hopefully won't need to be run into the ground.
    Believe me ,when I say I would rather play FSU in the title game...except because of the crappy conference FSU plays in they wil not get the chance if Oregon wins out.
    Miami did show that FSU has some flaws.
    Oregon or FSU...I doesn't matter to me.I just hope we win out to get there...
    Quote Quote  

3. -6083
    grip it and rip it

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor View Post
    ..It doesn't matter to me. I just hope we win out to get there...
    If you don't win out. You don't get there. An undefeated FSU vs an undefeated Oregon would be the title game. You'd be playing for second fiddle at best in this scenario.

And leave our ****ty little conference out of it. This is the strongest we've looking in years and that's not saying much
    Last edited by fishfanmiami; 11-03-2013 at 08:22 PM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -6084
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishfanmiami View Post
    If you don't win out. You don't get there. An undefeated FSU vs an undefeated Oregon would be the title game. You'd be playing for second fiddle at best.

And leave our ****ty little conference out of it. This is the strongest we've looking in years and that not saying much
    Hell bro...I was pulling for Miami...my thing is...FSU isn't this unbeatable juggernaught...Miami left plays on the field with some spooty
    execution on offense and some head scratching defensive calls.
    Bama has the horses on offense to exploit FSU...and I'll take Saban with a month to get ready..Plus that FSU defense is Saban-lite.
    I promise you,him and Kirby know what Pruitt is trying to do.
    But It's all good...still a lot football to be played...hell..Bama,Oregon and FSU could all fall and then we would have to watch that
    SOB Urban Meyer back his way in.
    Quote Quote  

5. -6085
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    melbourne, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    fsu is the biggest threat to bama out of all the 3 other major undefeated teams. I hope Stanford can beat Oregon at home on thurs, but I doubt they will.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6086
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Back when FSU was a championship caliber team in the 90's, they dominated recruiting in the Mobile area. Alabama suffered because of it. It's interesting to see Bama and Florida St. battle for recruiting in this area again. Once Bama began to dominate recruiting in the Mobile area again, they built a dynasty. People don't realize it, but the Mobile area is the key to recruiting in the south.

Coach Pruitt has brought Saban's principles to the defensive side of the ball for FSU. That's why they're legitimate and not just a bunch of underdeveloped, hyped recruits like they have been in recent years. I can watch FSU's secondary and see a tremendous difference. They locate the football in the air now. This is a must in order to play for Saban.

Alabama better be ready for LSU. They always get up for Alabama and play tough. They're balance on offense is going to provide a difficult challenge for Alabama. Landry, Beckham, and Jeremy Hill are absolute studs that will be playing on Sundays soon.
    Quote Quote  

7. -6087
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MelbournePhin View Post
    fsu is the biggest threat to bama out of all the 3 other major undefeated teams. I hope Stanford can beat Oregon at home on thurs, but I doubt they will.
    Vegas has put the odds of both FSU and Oregon at a 7 point dog to Bama....so they are the SAME threat as Oregon,not the biggest.
    Vegas is the best,most unbiased look at football there is.
    Quote Quote  

8. -6088
    Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gambling aside, from a football perspective the blueprint that gives Alabama the most trouble is the one set by Texas A&M. Oregon resembles this blueprint much more than Florida St.

You're not going to line up and "out-Alabama" Alabama by trying to play their game better than they do. And especially not after Saban has 5 weeks to prepare, and the players 5 weeks to get healthy from the SEC grind.

Here's the thing, Florida St.'s front 7 is small. They had trouble keeping Miami from running the ball on 'em. That's not a good matchup for Florida St. against what the Crimson Tide bring to the party.
    Quote Quote  

9. -6089
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Miami drops to #14...7 pm kickoff for the VT game on ESPN
    Quote Quote  

10. -6090
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    This guy is a piece of ****...I truly hate this fake ass wannabe.

Sileo did not take kindly to a gesture from one of the Noles, and offered a $1,000 reward for any Miami player to take running back Devonta Freeman out "in six weeks;" referring to the possible rematch against Florida State in the ACC Championship Game. Unfortunately, the picture Sileo included was of defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan, who also wears No. 8.
    http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...a-state-tweets
    Quote Quote