Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 626 of 637 FirstFirst ... 621622623624625626627628629630631 ... LastLast
Results 6,251 to 6,260 of 6367

Thread: ***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

  1. -6251
    fishfanmiami's Avatar
    grip it and rip it

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    7,747
    vCash:
    10614
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Lots of games that will be tough starting with at Louisville and at Nebraska. Duke won our side of the ACC last year and will be a close game. At VT and FSU at home will probably decide our fate just like last year. Virginia and N Carolina always give us trouble. Pitt is supposedly much better as well.
    That's a really tough road to the ACC championship where FSU will be waiting again most likely.
    I'm not good at predicting games but I see at least 3 loses there. I think we will be better especially on D but that schedule is no cakewalk.
    Hey I want us to go undefeated and play for the Natl championship but that's probably not realistic.
    Quote Quote  

  2. -6252
    dolfaneric12's Avatar
    Sucker Free Sunday

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2010
    Posts:
    423
    vCash:
    2578
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The U! I'm curious Canes fans as to who you think should be the starting quarterback this season? Start the true freshman in Brad Kaaya and let him learn? Or go with senior Jake Heaps and redshirt Kaaya?
    Quote Quote  

  3. -6253
    Sons of Shula's Avatar
    17-0, 347 wins

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2013
    Posts:
    1,584
    vCash:
    11507
    Loc:
    Milky Way
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by dolfaneric12 View Post
    The U! I'm curious Canes fans as to who you think should be the starting quarterback this season? Start the true freshman in Brad Kaaya and let him learn? Or go with senior Jake Heaps and redshirt Kaaya?
    I just want to run a Wildcat hybrid with Duke so no one else can touch the ball. I'm kinda joking.



    Quote Quote  

  4. -6254
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    96
    vCash:
    1236
    Loc:
    Key Largo Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    At this point start Kaaya... I wounder if Greg Cooper would be a 1000 yard back if he played under Al Golden?
    Quote Quote  

  5. -6255
    Scout Team

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2006
    Posts:
    96
    vCash:
    1236
    Loc:
    Key Largo Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    At this point start Kaaya... I wounder if Greg Cooper would be a 1000 yard back if he played under Al Golden?
    Quote Quote  

  6. -6256
    fishfanmiami's Avatar
    grip it and rip it

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    7,747
    vCash:
    10614
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    I think we will start Heaps and have him on a short leach with Kaaya ready to come in. If after several games the team is winning and the offense looking good I'd red shirt Kaaya. By then Williams will be back for reserve duty along with Olsen.

    Kaaya is the long term solution. if we start him and he has problems resulting in Heap replacing him it might shake his confidence.
    Now if we started with a push over team like usually I'd go with Kaaya.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -6257
    fishfanmiami's Avatar
    grip it and rip it

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    7,747
    vCash:
    10614
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by Sons of Shula View Post
    I just want to run a Wildcat hybrid with Duke so no one else can touch the ball. I'm kinda joking.
    Keep an eye on Joseph Yearby who will back up Duke. Like Duke he's coming off an injury but the kid has skills. Also expecting a strong year from Gus the bus in goal line and power situations.
    Instead of being a one man show like last year the Canes have some solid depth at running back including freshman Trayone Gray who will also get a look at WR. This kid is big and fast so they'll get him on the field somewhere.
    Quote Quote  

  8. -6258
    LouPhinFan's Avatar
    Hall Of Famer

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2006
    Posts:
    5,091
    vCash:
    8069
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You guys dodged a bullet. DeVante Parker injured his foot in practice Friday night and is seeing Dr. Bob Anderson in Charlotte to get a second opinion on the injury. I hear it's just a sprain but I'll bet he's probably not going to play on Labor Day. In the Russell Athletic Bowl last December he had 9 catches for 142 yards and a TD against your secondary. Word out of camp is he's been borderline uncoverable with the coaching he's gotten from Bobby Petrino. He was primed for a monster season so hopefully he only misses a couple of games.

    Luckily if there's one position group that can take a hit like this, it's the WR group. There's plenty of talent behind him in that group but he can't be completely replaced. Your D would have had to roll coverage his way on most plays creating openings for Gerald Christian (TE) down the seam and whomever are in the Z and W spots. Unfortunate but not a killer in any of our games in the first month of the season.
    Insert pithy saying here.

    Quote Quote  

  9. -6259
    Sons of Shula's Avatar
    17-0, 347 wins

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Nov 2013
    Posts:
    1,584
    vCash:
    11507
    Loc:
    Milky Way
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam Wake 91Tannehill 172013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    You guys dodged a bullet. DeVante Parker injured his foot in practice Friday night and is seeing Dr. Bob Anderson in Charlotte to get a second opinion on the injury. I hear it's just a sprain but I'll bet he's probably not going to play on Labor Day. In the Russell Athletic Bowl last December he had 9 catches for 142 yards and a TD against your secondary. Word out of camp is he's been borderline uncoverable with the coaching he's gotten from Bobby Petrino. He was primed for a monster season so hopefully he only misses a couple of games.

    Luckily if there's one position group that can take a hit like this, it's the WR group. There's plenty of talent behind him in that group but he can't be completely replaced. Your D would have had to roll coverage his way on most plays creating openings for Gerald Christian (TE) down the seam and whomever are in the Z and W spots. Unfortunate but not a killer in any of our games in the first month of the season.
    Ushering in excuses already, I see. Smart move.

    UM defensive coordinator Mark D’Onofrio has an enviable problem: too many talented cornerbacks and not enough starting spots.
    http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/08/2...#storylink=cpy
    Quote Quote  

  10. -6260
    fishfanmiami's Avatar
    grip it and rip it

    Status:
    Online
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Feb 2008
    Posts:
    7,747
    vCash:
    10614
    Thanks / No Thanks
    DolphinDolphinDolphin
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    You guys dodged a bullet. DeVante Parker injured his foot in practice Friday night and is seeing Dr. Bob Anderson in Charlotte to get a second opinion on the injury. I hear it's just a sprain but I'll bet he's probably not going to play on Labor Day. In the Russell Athletic Bowl last December he had 9 catches for 142 yards and a TD against your secondary. Word out of camp is he's been borderline uncoverable with the coaching he's gotten from Bobby Petrino. He was primed for a monster season so hopefully he only misses a couple of games.
    .
    I remember him. One of the best in the nation and i'm just fine with him sitting out that game.
    DB and safety should be much improved for us as Shula mentioned so it should be a battle
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. ***The Official Miami Heat Thread***
    By Dolfan3773 in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 1066
    Last Post: 08-10-2014, 09:54 PM
  2. the official get henning out of miami thread
    By sinPHIN in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 06:57 PM
  3. ***Official Miami Excuse Thread***
    By CedarPhin in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-22-2009, 06:10 PM
  4. Official Miami Hurricanes vs Georgia Tech Thread
    By finfan3223 in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-21-2008, 04:57 PM
  5. Official FSU-MIAMI Predictions Thread
    By NorthFloridaFin in forum College Sports Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 10:47 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •