Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 12 of 624 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

1. -111
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Is it 3am yet?
    Quote Quote  

2. -112
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Greatest City in the
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Coach Coker brought out the best in players, not only giving them good advice in football, but also life skills as well. He was a good moral man, and his prescense will be greatly missed at UM.
    TULSA PRIDE!!!
    Quote Quote  

3. -113
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Greatest City in the
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You will have recruits bailing out once they realize that they won't get a chance to play for Coach Coker.
    Quote Quote  

4. -114
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Greatest City in the
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Coach Coker did a great deal of developing talent during his tenure at UM. Take Devin Hester as an example.
    Devin Hester obviously reached his full potential while playing at Miami. Larry Coker has developed more quality, polished NFL talent than any other coach in the country.
    Hester just didn't have the talent to succeed at ANY position other than at Kick Returner. Football is a very complicated game, and sadly, Hester did not possess the aptitude to master Coker's complex offensive schemes.
    I commend Coker for getting as much out of Hester as he did....no other coach in America could have done better. Coach Coker's track record speaks for itself!
    Quote Quote  

5. -115
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Greatest City in the
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Another example of Coach Coker's great leadership was the listing of 8 Hurricanes on the All-ACC Academic Team. It is really a great tribute to the exemplary performance of Coach Coker. Those young student athletes were very fortunate to have a positive role model and mentor like Larry Coker.
    Quote Quote  

6. -116
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TulsaFan View Post
    Another example of Coach Coker's great leadership was the listing of 8 Hurricanes on the All-ACC Academic Team. It is really a great tribute to the exemplary performance of Coach Coker. Those young student athletes were very fortunate to have a positive role model and mentor like Larry Coker.
    Yeah, I kinda agree with this one. Miami's academics have been tremendous the last few years, not that the real media would let it be known. But I'm not sure if that would shine all on Coker's influence. Coker lost control of the team entirely. My problem with his hiring was that he was "the peoples coach". The players loved him, and that's not necessarily the best thing. It happened with Dave Wannstedt too. That was also something I had against the Shannon hiring, though Shannon is a strict disciplinarian and I really don't see the team falling out of line with Shannon as the Head Coach.

I'm not quite sure if you're Coker's mother, wife, husband, agent, or perhaps you are actually Larry Coker, but I don't think your judgments are entirely correct. Especially with Hester -- you seriously think the offense was too complicated for Hester? If Hester had been used right, he could've dominated the entire sport without even looking at a damn playbook. He was underutilized and the talent around him was in rapid decline also.
    Quote Quote  

7. -117
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Greatest City in the
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hi Friend,

Shannon betrayed Coach Coker, he is a backstabber, I wonder how he is able to sleep at night.

I am in no way related to Coach Coker, just a fellow Oklahoman who was deeply bothered by the way they went out and fired a proven winner like him.
    Quote Quote  

8. -118
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He was a proven winner, but so are a lot of coaches. He was visibly on the decline, was recruiting poorly, losing control of the team, the list goes on. You say the Orange Bowl won't fill seats without him, but did you see it last season? It was virtually week-in week-out.

Coker was a "nice guy". I think most U fans respect his intentions and the fact that he did want to do this program good. But he just wasn't the right coach for the job. The U shouldn't have to experience 7-6 seasons, shoddy attendance, ill-motivated players. Scraping past Duke? C'mon, the U needed new blood.
    Quote Quote  

9. -119
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hi Friend,

Shannon betrayed Coach Coker, he is a backstabber, I wonder how he is able to sleep at night.

I am in no way related to Coach Coker, just a fellow Oklahoman who was deeply bothered by the way they went out and fired a proven winner like him.

He was only a proven winner becuase of the players that Butch Davis recrutied. I could have coached that team to a National title.

Thank you to IN_FLAMES for Sig and Avy!!!
    Thanks also to Samuel L. Jackson!!!

Thanks for all your votes it really means alot!
    Quote Quote  

10. -120
    Help save our Reefs ~ www.ReefCheck.org

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    In regards to your Orange Bowl conundrum:

It's almost impossible to consistenly fill a venue as large as the Orange Bowl without a marquee head coach. Firing Larry Coker was a grave mistake that will ultimately cripple the UM Football program and cost you your historic stadium.
    You will have recruits bailing out once they realize that they won't get a chance to play for Coach Coker.

What on earth are you talking about?

Coker was hardly a marquee coach.
    You're a day late and a dollar short on the recruits bailing because of Coker being gone claim.

Shannon brought in a very solid class after a disastrous year.
    I can't think of more than a couple of recruits that "bailed" because of the new coach. His success in recruiting in his first year is a sign that we will be much better off in the future.

On another note, who was the genious in Oklahoma that decided to name a team the Golden Hurricanes?

That would be like a Miami team named the Earthquakes.
    Quote Quote