Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 541 of 643 FirstFirst ... 536537538539540541542543544545546 ... LastLast
Results 5,401 to 5,410 of 6425

Thread: ***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

1. -5401
    Fins4Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Charles Robinson is a jerk off. Once again basing an article on a ponzi schemer and "anonymous" sources. I hope he is proven wrong and his reputation and career ruined.
    Quote Quote  

2. -5402
    Teddy Westside

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wichita, Kansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    So Yahoo is alleging that former player and Shapiro crony Sean Allen had contact with kids during the recruiting process and was giving them rides to restaurants for meetings. Seems like minor violations but the problem is Allen being involved makes this major, if true.

Obviously Yahoo is trying to bury the Canes now but if true, the Canes need to be penalized for stupidity.
    Quote Quote  

3. -5403
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Might be true regarding Aubrey Hill. Certainly wouldn't surprise me. Not true regarding Barrow, as that's already been investigated. Nothing really to see here, but Aubrey Hill, Stoutland, Pannunzio and Clint Hurtt need to be given their show cause penalties and what ever else already. Charles Robinson is a douche in way over his head, sitting on allegations that has been known for at least a year by Miami and the NCAA, and then releases it right before ACC media day? Extremely minor violations at that.

And an even douchier move to try and smear the names of kids like Chickillo and Duke. Chickillo is a 3rd generation Cane, anybody with half a brain knew he wasn't going to any other school. So trying to put his commitment on minor recruiting violations is as much of a douche move as possible. Same with Duke, who committed during the Randy Shannon era. And then the Teddy Bridgewater nonsense. Golden never wanted him. He was a Randy Shannon recruit.

Nothing to this old news story from a sanctions perspective, but it will conveniently screw us over in recruiting.
    Last edited by Clipse; 07-21-2012 at 07:09 AM.
    Quote Quote  

4. -5404
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I really don't think much will come out of that article. Robinson's a hack and a terrible writer at that.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5405
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Might be true regarding Aubrey Hill. Certainly wouldn't surprise me. Not true regarding Barrow, as that's already been investigated. Nothing really to see here, but Aubrey Hill, Stoutland, Pannunzio and Clint Hurtt need to be given their show cause penalties and what ever else already. Charles Robinson is a douche in way over his head, sitting on allegations that has been known for at least a year by Miami and the NCAA, and then releases it right before ACC media day? Extremely minor violations at that.

And an even douchier move to try and smear the names of kids like Chickillo and Duke. Chickillo is a 3rd generation Cane, anybody with half a brain knew he wasn't going to any other school. So trying to put his commitment on minor recruiting violations is as much of a douche move as possible. Same with Duke, who committed during the Randy Shannon era. And then the Teddy Bridgewater nonsense. Golden never wanted him. He was a Randy Shannon recruit.

Nothing to this old news story from a sanctions perspective, but it will conveniently screw us over in recruiting.
    Yeap. We had a great shot at Hargreaves and Matthew Thomas.

Thomas we can still haul because of his Mom but we need this to blow over before signing day.

Hargreaves we have no shot at now.

Quote Quote  

6. -5406
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Yeap. We had a great shot at Hargreaves and Matthew Thomas.

Thomas we can still haul because of his Mom but we need this to blow over before signing day.

Hargreaves we have no shot at now.
    This type of nonsense worries me infinitely more than any possible sanctions coming from such minor violations, which mostly didn't happen. Hargreaves is a stud. Thank God we landed Tracy Howard last year so that loss won't hurt *too* much. Thomas is another story. Would make me sick if this nonsense causes him to land at the greatest 4 loss school in the nation.
    Quote Quote  

7. -5407
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    This type of nonsense worries me infinitely more than any possible sanctions coming from such minor violations, which mostly didn't happen. Hargreaves is a stud. Thank God we landed Tracy Howard last year so that loss won't hurt *too* much. Thomas is another story. Would make me sick if this nonsense causes him to land at the greatest 4 loss school in the nation.
    I think if GOAT4L loses 4 again this year, they may take a hit.
    Quote Quote  

8. -5408
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks

With the way he played for us last year, how good (progression) he looked in our spring game, and with the raves he's been drawing from the coaching staff and his teammates, if Golden didn't want Teddy Bridgewater then he's an even worse coach than I thought he was.

But I have to agree with you; this is old news and there's nothing new here. This writer is just trying to get page views leading up to ACC media days. Pretty hacky tactic IMHO.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

9. -5409
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    With the way he played for us last year, how good (progression) he looked in our spring game, and with the raves he's been drawing from the coaching staff and his teammates, if Golden didn't want Teddy Bridgewater then he's an even worse coach than I thought he was.

But I have to agree with you; this is old news and there's nothing new here. This writer is just trying to get page views leading up to ACC media days. Pretty hacky tactic IMHO.
    Jacory Harris 2.0. Thank god Golden said no thanks. No more Northwestern QB's for Miami is all I ask for. But we can agree on Robinson being a douche.
    Quote Quote  

10. -5410
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jacory Harris 2.0. Thank god Golden said no thanks. No more Northwestern QB's for Miami is all I ask for. But we can agree on Robinson being a douche.
    I think it's a little early to say Bridgewater is Harris 2.0.
    Quote Quote