Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 543 of 648 FirstFirst ... 538539540541542543544545546547548 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,430 of 6474

Thread: ***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

1. -5421
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Apparently Charles Robinson was on Dan Sileo's show this afternoon. He was asked about Friday's article and admitted that it was a mere opinion article. Is this dude serious?
    Yea I listened to it. SMH on so many levels. The guy is a complete douche. Gotta love how any time his story is questioned he only brings up his USC story...
    Quote Quote  

2. -5422
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Apparently Allen was steering kids to Bama and Louisville. So much for him being an off the books recruiter for Golden's staff. Louisville and Bama need to do themselves a favor and fire Hurtt, Stoutland, and Pannunzio already.

Not sure about Bama, but I think it's safe to say Hurtt and Allen are in cahoots at least. After Shannon gets fired, Teddy B. decommits from Miami and lands in Louisville. Same with Eli Rodgers. James Burgess had his offer revoked while committed to Miami and ended up going to Louisville. All 3 of those were mentioned in the report as well as Herb Water who was rumored to go to Louisville but stayed with Miami. You have Bryant Dubose who was commited to Miami but didn't have the grades and switched to Louisville on Signing Day. You had Keith Brown who was as much of a Cane lock as Duke Johnson. After decommitting to Illinois who offered his brother, and then decommitting from Illinois, Louisville offers his brother and they both go to Louisville. Miami never offered his brother, but certainly suspicious that Louisville would. The guy was by no means whatsoever a D1 prospect. Illinois and Louisville were his only offers. Not to mention a bunch of other guys from South Florida that Miami wasn't recruiting that ended up there, and a few commited for this upcoming class. Definitely safe to say Hurtt didn't change much after taking a new job.

Amari Cooper is the only kid that comes to mind concerning Bama, and he was mentioned in Robinson's story.
    We'll see what happens, but in order for your theory to work there has to be a Louisville alumni doing some bank rolling. Trust when I say if an alumni is going to do some bank rolling for U of L, it's going to be for the basketball program, not for football.
    Nearly 70% of the Earth is covered by water...the rest is covered by Gerod Holliman.

Quote Quote  

3. -5423
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    We'll see what happens, but in order for your theory to work there has to be a Louisville alumni doing some bank rolling. Trust when I say if an alumni is going to do some bank rolling for U of L, it's going to be for the basketball program, not for football.
    Ah that's not true at all.

Alabama has basketball boosters and I know that we have several big money baseball boosters. You have your individual sport nuts at every program.

I get that Louisville basketball is HUGE but there are people associated with Louisville who are big in with the football program.

Quote Quote  

4. -5424
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ah that's not true at all.

Alabama has basketball boosters and I know that we have several big money baseball boosters. You have your individual sport nuts at every program.

I get that Louisville basketball is HUGE but there are people associated with Louisville who are big in with the football program.
    Of course there are boosters that are huge with football, but the boosters here at U of L have less money than the boosters at Miami. I'm sure there's a booster that would give a $100 handshake every now and again to a football recruit but I don't know of one that has the funds to do something sustained for football like Shapiro did in Miami.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5425
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Who said anything about boosters, or even extra benefits. This is about Sean Allen doing his buddy Clint Hurtt a personal favor by contacting recruits that he's been around since pop warner, and directing them towards Hurtt. Extremely minor violations, but dirty nonetheless. And of course is the complete opposite of the ridiculous picture Robinson is trying to paint. That Al Golden is using an assistant equipment manager to recruit elite talents like Duke Johnson for Miami, a kid who committed during the Randy Shannon era and never even took visits to other schools because he was a Miami Hurricane since birth. A kid who called Sean Allen, who was still on the staff, which isn't even a violation, to borrow some Miami gloves to wear at Nike's The Opening event. Now that's a violation, which Robinson never even reported, but Duke bought his own gloves in the end so no violation.

Or how Robinson paints a picture that going to a strip club is why Chickillo who he claims was decommitted to Miami but wasn't, is the reason Chickillo ended up with Miami. I'm sure his father, who played at Miami, and grandfather who's in the UM Sports Hall of Fame, had nothing to do with that.

Hard to say Robinson isn't a douche with an agenda when he never mentions Sean Allen "recruiting" for schools other than Miami. Complete horse **** that an assistant equipment manager was an off the books recruiter for Golden. For Aubrey Hill, Clint Hurrt, and Jeff Stoutland, sure. Both at Miami, and when they left for other schools. All of them are scumbags.
    Last edited by Clipse; 07-24-2012 at 03:32 PM.
    Quote Quote  

6. -5426
    Finheaven Hall of Shame

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hotel California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    What an ******* Robinson is.
    Quote Quote  

7. -5427
    Fins4Life

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlanta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Listened to that interview....laughed my ass off when Sileo said Golden told him Aubrey Hill wasn't even on his staff during the teddy bridgewater dinner. Robinson is an ass hat who sounded like a baby when he was backed into a corner with a question he couldn't answer. I know their friends, but Sileo should've hammered his ass way harder. This may end up costing him his job if golden proves this to be false and sues his ass for libel and slander.

Wish my 1000th post was a little more of a celebratory post.
    Quote Quote  

8. -5428
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Landed our 2nd 4 star safety this week in Jamal Carter. Good to know Robinson's bull**** isn't affecting recruiting much.
    Quote Quote  

9. -5429
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by R&R Express View Post
    Landed our 2nd 4 star safety this week in Jamal Carter. Good to know Robinson's bull**** isn't affecting recruiting much.
    Maybe not like most had predicted, but Hargreaves committing to Florida this afternoon had a lot to do with this recent article. That pretty much sank all of Golden's efforts.

If it weren't for that article, Miami, Florida and South Florida would still be fishing.
    Quote Quote  

10. -5430
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Maybe not like most had predicted, but Hargreaves committing to Florida this afternoon had a lot to do with this recent article. That pretty much sank all of Golden's efforts.

If it weren't for that article, Miami, Florida and South Florida would still be fishing.
    Still plenty of time. Commitments don't mean anything anymore. If the staff starts recruiting Sherit again and/or offers Chase Litton, even more likely.
    Quote Quote