Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 617 of 624 FirstFirst ... 612613614615616617618619620621622 ... LastLast
Results 6,161 to 6,170 of 6232

Thread: ***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

1. -6161
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    Our defense had a lot to do with how your OL played now. Before tonight your OL only gave up 13 total sacks all season. That's really good.

But U of L's defense is the real deal. They had a fluke 4th quarter against UCF that lead to our only loss. Other than that they have completely dominated opponents all season long. Some of the team defensive stats we've put up are impressive no matter the competition.
    Partly. Probably the most blitzing we've seen all year and did a great job confusing the line. Most of it was just terrible coaching. Not a single adjustment all game. I haven't watched a Louisville game outside of UCF so I don't know if they're normally that aggressive but that would speak volumes for this coaching staff if they were. Guess that's what happens when you spend weeks doing community service instead of preparing for a bowl game. A lot of obvious blitzes. And yet we had the right idea to throw screens on some of them. But we threw them to the outside to Coley where defenders were instead of the middle of the field. Now that was some of the worst coaching I've seen. On top of that, we haven't thrown a pass to the middle of the field all year. Slants and In routes don't exist in this playbook. Sure would of been nice to see some quick passes to the inside when Louisville was literally telling us to do so by not hiding the blitz whatsover on seemingly every single third down.
    Quote Quote  

2. -6162
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    I laughed out loud when Miami hired Al Golden. The guy had the the largest football budget by far at Temple when they were in the MAC and he couldn't win the conference outspending everyone else. Recruiting in Miami is the easy part but you have to coach that talent. But to be fair to Golden, there's not much highly rated talent on that defense. I hope you guys can get it together. The ACC needs a strong FSU, Clemson, Louisville, AND Miami.
    Our DT/S recruiting has been an abomination but we've brought in plenty of talent at CB/DE and to a lesser extent LB. CB is the only position worth a damn but doesn't matter since we have LB's and DE's defending WR's every play with our awful zone. One of the worst schemes I've ever seen. Golden is the definition of a snake oil salesman. Nobody talks as good a game as he does and he got me for a little bit. It's amazing that someone who actually knows all the problems and how to fix them based on words, doesn't actually fix the problems he already knows exists. One of the best trolls in the game.
    Quote Quote  

3. -6163
    Administrator

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lauderville, Florilina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Bill O'Brien out at Penn State.

Smart move.

Hopefully Penn State is on the phone with Al Golden.

Happy New Year.

Quote Quote  

4. -6164
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    Dalvin Cook to FSU.
    Quote Quote  

5. -6165
    More Smug than Birthday Dog

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JCane View Post
    Bill O'Brien out at Penn State.

Smart move.

Hopefully Penn State is on the phone with Al Golden.

Happy New Year.
    Its like Shannon never got fired.

If I recall correctly, PSU never really checked for Gruden after canning Paterno so I guess we're stuck with him.

Quote Quote  

6. -6166
    Why did it have to be snakes?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    1972 Dolphins Logo
    I'm not sure how Canes fans feel about Al Golden, but I think the guy is a colossal fraud. Penn State dialing him up is the best thing that could happen to the Canes, IMO.
    I'm here to tell the truth about top secret Air Force project BAR STOOL. Gamma ray radiation from the particle accelerator under Joe Robbie Stadium is real! Get out while you can! This bad football team is just a front for something far more sinister!
    Quote Quote  

7. -6167
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J. David Wannyheimer View Post
    I'm not sure how Canes fans feel about Al Golden, but I think the guy is a colossal fraud. Penn State dialing him up is the best thing that could happen to the Canes, IMO.
    I think he's a smart guy and a really good coach. But his philosophy belongs in the northeast at Penn State or Rutgers. It's never going to work here. Going to Penn State would be great for both parties. Chudzinski needs to be coaching here. Or Schiano. Both know what it takes to win at the University of Miami.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk
    Quote Quote  

8. -6168
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I attended the bowl game. Great turnout by Canes fans. We had the south end zone full along with virtually the entire lower and upper tiers of the west side. Louisville filled its lower bowl but only the two outer sections on each end of the upper deck. Otherwise there were virtually no fans in the central sections of their upper deck.

The pregame atmosphere was good also, topped by the Fan Zone with big screen TVs set up for Louisville fans to watch their basketball game with Kentucky. That area was jammed, and very loud when Louisville rallied in the second half, before losing.

Canes should not have been paired against Louisville. We aren't in their league at this point. They were preseason consensus #9 while we were #27. I mentioned on CanesInsight in the prediction thread on that site that Louisville was 3rd in the nation in yards allowed per play. Teams who are great in that category almost always excel in bowl games. Michigan State was just above Louisville. Somehow Canes fans were in denial, with so many posters projecting 30+ points for Miami.

I'm willing to give Golden the benefit of a doubt because Stephen Morris is awful, IMO. He really limits what the team can accomplish against top defenses. No touch or feel for the game.

Obviously the defense has gaps everywhere. It's more than a joke when Highsmith is on the field. And I love it when we trot out the 5 skinny kids on 3rd down for situational substitution. That was a flop all season.

If we don't start landing premier defensive tackles, Golden will continue to field woeful defenses, regardless of the coordinator. After the Florida game I didn't bother to watch our defensive tackles on 5 plays all season. We had far superior groups at that position in the '70s, despite the weak roster in general.
    Quote Quote  

9. -6169
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    I attended the bowl game. Great turnout by Canes fans. We had the south end zone full along with virtually the entire lower and upper tiers of the west side. Louisville filled its lower bowl but only the two outer sections on each end of the upper deck. Otherwise there were virtually no fans in the central sections of their upper deck.

The pregame atmosphere was good also, topped by the Fan Zone with big screen TVs set up for Louisville fans to watch their basketball game with Kentucky. That area was jammed, and very loud when Louisville rallied in the second half, before losing.

Canes should not have been paired against Louisville. We aren't in their league at this point. They were preseason consensus #9 while we were #27. I mentioned on CanesInsight in the prediction thread on that site that Louisville was 3rd in the nation in yards allowed per play. Teams who are great in that category almost always excel in bowl games. Michigan State was just above Louisville. Somehow Canes fans were in denial, with so many posters projecting 30+ points for Miami.

I'm willing to give Golden the benefit of a doubt because Stephen Morris is awful, IMO. He really limits what the team can accomplish against top defenses. No touch or feel for the game.

Obviously the defense has gaps everywhere. It's more than a joke when Highsmith is on the field. And I love it when we trot out the 5 skinny kids on 3rd down for situational substitution. That was a flop all season.

If we don't start landing premier defensive tackles, Golden will continue to field woeful defenses, regardless of the coordinator. After the Florida game I didn't bother to watch our defensive tackles on 5 plays all season. We had far superior groups at that position in the '70s, despite the weak roster in general.
    That's the one thing that gives me hope. We have an elite DL class right now. But knowing our luck, all our good DT's will decommit or not qualify. Happens every year.
    Quote Quote  

10. -6170
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    And there you go Canes fans. Golden is gone to Penn State.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote