Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 618 of 639 FirstFirst ... 613614615616617618619620621622623 ... LastLast
Results 6,171 to 6,180 of 6389

Thread: ***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

1. -6171
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Boca Raton
    Thanks / No Thanks
    About to be gone.

Who's on the list for our head coach now?
    Quote Quote  

2. -6172
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathStar View Post
    About to be gone.

Who's on the list for our head coach now?
    If the list doesn't start and end with the names Butch Davis, Rob Chudzinski, and Greg Sciano, I quit.
    Quote Quote  

3. -6173
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LouPhinFan View Post
    And there you go Canes fans. Golden is gone to Penn State.
    This shocks me...The stench of Penn State will always be there...sorry,thats just the way it is...
    Miami is down...but it is still a better job than Child Rape U.
    Quote Quote  

4. -6174
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor View Post
    This shocks me...The stench of Penn State will always be there...sorry,thats just the way it is...
    Miami is down...but it is still a better job than Child Rape U.
    Doesn't shock me one bit. Golden played at Penn State and has a ton of connections in that area from a recruiting perspective.
    Quote Quote  

5. -6175
    Dolphins Suck

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Milky Way
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The CRU (as noted by Namor ) inbred haven't been hot or cold on Golden. That said, my feelings on Golden have been pretty much luke warm as well. Almost Randy Shannon II. Very good recruiting, terrible coaching and talent development. I finally thought he had a decent game under his belt when we beat Florida but we all know what that looks like now (aka unimpressive). Then going 2-4 to end the season with an embarrassing bowl loss (yet, again) to top it all off.

Not to mention, there are not very many HCs to be had at the moment. Schiano is out there but, in my opinion, I'm a little weary sure of his player interaction and over-the-top disciplinary system. Though, I'm sure Shalala sees that (discipline) as a top priority over winning.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6176
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Golden's going to go he needs to get his fat ass out of town already. Hasn't said **** to the media or recruits in ages and recruits are starting to complain. If this ****bag costs us our recruiting class...
    Quote Quote  

7. -6177
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Mark Stoops another name I wouldn't mind.
    Quote Quote  

8. -6178
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Golden hasn't said anything to the media in forever. Hasn't even made an effort to lie. Most damning of all, hasn't even talked to recruits. Already lost a recruit because of it, and many more frustrated. All signs point to Golden being gone. At this point, I hope he's gone. I think he's a square peg in a round hole at Miami. He'll do very well at Penn State. His philosophy works there with the type of kids he'll be recruiting. It doesn't and won't work here. My list for replacements, in no particular order.

1. Butch Davis - Self-explanatory. Built the greatest college football team of all time, and did it at the University of Miami. Wanted to stay but Miami tried to **** him over on a new contract. Probably not going to happen on Miami's side considering how he left UNC, but he did apparently say he would be interested if the Miami job opened up. By far my top choice. I would probably cry like a ***** if he was hired actually.

2. Rob Chudzinski - Started 3 years as a TE at Miami winning 2 national championships. Won another as OC under Butch Davis. Good NFL track record. Got screwed over by the Browns too in my opinion.

3. Greg Schiano - Former Miami DC under Butch Davis. Turned around an awful Rutgers program. Supposedly turned down the Miami job when we hired Golden. Definitely turned down the Miami job in 2006 resulting in Randy Shannon being hired. Professional *******. Considering the good ole boys we've had failing lately, I'd gladly take someone like Schiano.

4. Mark Stoops - DB coach at USF and Miami. DC at Florida State. He knows Florida. Building a very good recruiting class at Kentucky of all places.

5. Curtis Johnson - Doing a good job trying to turn around a terrible Tulane program. WR coach at Miami for 10 years. Coached names like Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, and Santana Moss. Recruited Ed Reed. WR coach on the Saints for 6 years.

The dream scenario to me, would be to somehow land 2 of of Butch, Chud, and Schiano. Having all 3 like in 2000 obviously won't happen since these guys are too accomplished at this point to be college coordinators again, and we couldn't afford it anyways, but getting 2 isn't out of the equation. I don't think Butch would mind being a DC again, and he was a member of Schiano's staff in Tampa. So a Schiano/Butch reunion is my dream scenario.

Another favorite of mine is Jim Leavitt, but I don't see any chance of that happening. Petrino is a good option, but also very unlikely given his history. Probably back to Louisville for him. Mario Cristobal is another good option. James Franklin is another name but doesn't look likely. Of course we should all really expect to be disappointed when PSU ends up hiring someone else like Franklin instead and we're stuck with Al Golden again.
    Last edited by Clipse; 01-04-2014 at 11:10 PM.
    Quote Quote  

9. -6179
    Bleeding 305 since 1987

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo1972 Dolphins Logo
    "I made a commitment to get it done and we’re going to fight our asses off until we get it done.” - Al Golden

this guy.
    Quote Quote  

10. -6180
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Quote Quote