Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 619 of 626 FirstFirst ... 614615616617618619620621622623624 ... LastLast
Results 6,181 to 6,190 of 6251

Thread: ***Official Miami Hurricanes Thread***

1. -6181
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisville, KY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse View Post
    Golden hasn't said anything to the media in forever. Hasn't even made an effort to lie. Most damning of all, hasn't even talked to recruits. Already lost a recruit because of it, and many more frustrated. All signs point to Golden being gone. At this point, I hope he's gone. I think he's a square peg in a round hole at Miami. He'll do very well at Penn State. His philosophy works there with the type of kids he'll be recruiting. It doesn't and won't work here. My list for replacements, in no particular order.

1. Butch Davis - Self-explanatory. Built the greatest college football team of all time, and did it at the University of Miami. Wanted to stay but Miami tried to **** him over on a new contract. Probably not going to happen on Miami's side considering how he left UNC, but he did apparently say he would be interested if the Miami job opened up. By far my top choice. I would probably cry like a ***** if he was hired actually.

2. Rob Chudzinski - Started 3 years as a TE at Miami winning 2 national championships. Won another as OC under Butch Davis. Good NFL track record. Got screwed over by the Browns too in my opinion.

3. Greg Schiano - Former Miami DC under Butch Davis. Turned around an awful Rutgers program. Supposedly turned down the Miami job when we hired Golden. Definitely turned down the Miami job in 2006 resulting in Randy Shannon being hired. Professional *******. Considering the good ole boys we've had failing lately, I'd gladly take someone like Schiano.

4. Mark Stoops - DB coach at USF and Miami. DC at Florida State. He knows Florida. Building a very good recruiting class at Kentucky of all places.

5. Curtis Johnson - Doing a good job trying to turn around a terrible Tulane program. WR coach at Miami for 10 years. Coached names like Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, and Santana Moss. Recruited Ed Reed. WR coach on the Saints for 6 years.

The dream scenario to me, would be to somehow land 2 of of Butch, Chud, and Schiano. Having all 3 like in 2000 obviously won't happen since these guys are too accomplished at this point to be college coordinators again, and we couldn't afford it anyways, but getting 2 isn't out of the equation. I don't think Butch would mind being a DC again, and he was a member of Schiano's staff in Tampa. So a Schiano/Butch reunion is my dream scenario.

Another favorite of mine is Jim Leavitt, but I don't see any chance of that happening. Petrino is a good option, but also very unlikely given his history. Probably back to Louisville for him. Mario Cristobal is another good option. James Franklin is another name but doesn't look likely. Of course we should all really expect to be disappointed when PSU ends up hiring someone else like Franklin instead and we're stuck with Al Golden again.
    Ha ha, nah, you guys can have Petrino. He's not coming back here. There's no way AD Tom Jurich would take him back and the Louisville football program is no longer the type of program that would need to take him back. He won while he was here and we're grateful but we've moved on as a football program.
    Insert pithy saying here.

Quote Quote  

2. -6182
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Might mean nothing, but Golden's brother started following a bunch of PSU related stuff on twitter.
    Quote Quote  

3. -6183
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Las Vegas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I don't think Shalala would ignore Butch Davis' troubles at North Carolina. Schiano would restore toughness, which is badly needed. He's not ideal with the media, or as a spokesman for a university in general.

Chudzinski probably makes the most sense from a football and PR standpoint. I want someone who will maintain the pro style heritage.

A largely untapped category is former pro head coaches who had some success in the job but lost favor and were let go. For decades I've believed those guys should try the college ranks but not many do so. Pete Carroll and Jim Mora. Jr. are examples of ones who have succeeded. It was a major mistake for Steve Mariucci not to seek a college job, IMO. He has the perfect personality for it. I'm not sure who would fit right now. I can think of Ken Whisenhunt but everything points to him getting another pro job, perhaps with the Lions.
    Quote Quote  

4. -6184
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post
    I don't think Shalala would ignore Butch Davis' troubles at North Carolina. Schiano would restore toughness, which is badly needed. He's not ideal with the media, or as a spokesman for a university in general.
    Davis was the scapegoat at UNC. People were calling for Holden Thorp to resign after he fired Butch.
    Quote Quote  

5. -6185
    mediocrity sucks

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Drum, New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Awsi Dooger View Post

Chudzinski probably makes the most sense from a football and PR standpoint. I want someone who will maintain the pro style heritage.

A largely untapped category is former pro head coaches who had some success in the job but lost favor and were let go. For decades I've believed those guys should try the college ranks but not many do so. Pete Carroll and Jim Mora. Jr. are examples of ones who have succeeded. It was a major mistake for Steve Mariucci not to seek a college job, IMO. He has the perfect personality for it. I'm not sure who would fit right now. I can think of Ken Whisenhunt but everything points to him getting another pro job, perhaps with the Lions.
    Have to agree with finsfanjay. Davis was never actually connected to any violations and was cleared by the NCAA. He was made a scapegoat.

I'd like to think Donna can look past that and remember the clean reputation he had at the University of Miami. He dealt with worse NCAA scrutiny than Al Golden could even dream of. "Why the University of Miami should drop football." He completely rebuilt Miami's reputation during our darkest days. Academics was taken seriously for perhaps the first time under Butch. The guy is a class act with integrity. Exactly what Shalala seems to want in a coach, and unlike the last few coaches we've had who also fit that mantra, the guy is a great coach. Easily the best talent evaluator I've ever seen and probably the best recruiter too.

He's already said recently he would be interested if the Miami job opened up, and has said in the past that leaving Miami was one of the worst decisions he ever made. So obviously if Miami came calling he'd love to come back. And he'd likely be here for a long time offering stability we haven't seen much in Miami. At his age, and having battled cancer, he has no desire to job hop. This would likely be his last stop in the same way I feel it's Jim Larranaga's last stop for the basketball program.

If Shalala has any interest at all in having a successful football team, Butch Davis needs to be the first phone call made.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6186
    Owner of the Palace of Wisdom

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Harrisburg, PA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Namor View Post
    This shocks me...The stench of Penn State will always be there...sorry,thats just the way it is...
    Miami is down...but it is still a better job than Child Rape U.
    Being a PA boy that follows the recruiting scene in the area I can give a few reasons as to why. The recruiting base is still very strong. With them getting scholarships back starting next year, more kids in the DC,Maryland, and New York areas (as well as PA) are gonna start being interested again. Especially if he keeps Larry Johnson on the staff. Plus, rumors around here are that Al Golden wanted to take the Penn State job last time around, but he felt he owed Miami more than one year.

As for the Miami job. The names I've head are Chud, Mario Cristobal, Curtis Johnson, and Schiano
    Quote Quote  

7. -6187
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ChambersWI View Post
    Being a PA boy that follows the recruiting scene in the area I can give a few reasons as to why. The recruiting base is still very strong. With them getting scholarships back starting next year, more kids in the DC,Maryland, and New York areas (as well as PA) are gonna start being interested again. Especially if he keeps Larry Johnson on the staff. Plus, rumors around here are that Al Golden wanted to take the Penn State job last time around, but he felt he owed Miami more than one year.

As for the Miami job. The names I've head are Chud, Mario Cristobal, Curtis Johnson, and Schiano
    Canes!!!! PLEASE take Mario Cristobal....he is a horrible Oline coach.

---------- Post added at 12:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 PM ----------

I'll bet anything that the Canes can be back national WAY before Penn State..and I think Miami will average for awhile,just Penn State stinks to high heaven.
    Quote Quote  

8. -6188
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Golden is staying!
    "I am NOT:
    1. having or showing a merry, lively mood | 2. bright or showy | 3. given to or abounding in social or other pleasures"
    Quote Quote  

9. -6189
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pb1300 View Post
    Golden is staying!
    News media today just sucks.....don't worry about it being correct...just be the first one to break something.
    Quote Quote  

10. -6190
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Milky Way
    Thanks / No Thanks
    At this point, I've already moved on to Chud. (fingers crossed)
    Quote Quote