Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: No FA TE Signing?

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

No FA TE Signing?

What are we doing? There are (or now were) some decent undrafted prospects at TE. And we signed none of them! Thought for sure Jonny Harline was a possibility. He happened to be a consistant target for our future signal caller. Again, what are we doing?

Since the Rams now have McMichael, I say we make a play for Klopfenstein!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Moon Runner / The 3 AM Crew

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    As a CU alum I would love to see us acquire Klopfenstein .....maybe we are waiting for final cut downs after training camp to maybe get a TE later on?
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfinkle5 View Post
    What are we doing? There are (or now were) some decent undrafted prospects at TE. And we signed none of them! Thought for sure Jonny Harline was a possibility. He happened to be a consistant target for our future signal caller. Again, what are we doing?

I personally think its a mistake but We shall see. There was a guy late in the 7th I wish we had taken and that was Clark Harris from Rutgers. Good receiver, probably never be great but a solid backup TE that can also longsnap thus using a position player to longsnap rather than just a plain long snapper.
    When death smiles upon you, the Infantry man smiles back. WV says Im not a patriot and Jeff Ireland is a Boss so it must be true.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Is there any FA the Dolphins might trade for Harline...

He was picked up as a FA by the Colts.

"...and to think I didn't start shaving until I was 20."
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's because Cam and Mueller believe that Martin is the future at TE for this team
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GRYPHONK View Post
    That's because Cam and Mueller believe that Martin is the future at TE for this team
    I hate this answer because I can't see how they would think that. You don't hear them say too much about him so how sold on him can they be? Nearly everyone had us taking a TE in the draft. At the very least for depth alone. We don't draft one. Then you have guys like Harline (Colts) and Newton (Seahawks) go undrafted and you sign neither. All because Martin is the answer. I am sorry...I don't buy it. Something, hopefully, is up!
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GRYPHONK View Post
    thats a pat answer on everything, but lets just imagine he will be the same player he has been for 7 seasons then what. We should have at least looked at another player, too many eggs in a very fragile basket. To believe a player that has been in the league 7 years is all of a sudden going to be a great starter is more based on feeling than fact.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

I thought Harline would be a possibility as well. He looked pretty decent to me from what I've seen. He's an athletic guy. Cam knows Peele well. He coached him in San Diego, and they handpicked Martin, so our top two spots are filled for any two te sets.

You have to think that either they liked what they saw in Massaqoi and Radar OR we might not keep very many TE. You have to assume that we are going to be running a ton of 3 wr sets anyways, in order to get Ginn on the field. There really aren't any TEs out there that are better players than Marty Booker, and Cam said he wants TEs that have speed. Blocking isn't as important. If that is the case why not just run 3 wrs? Collectively the TEs in the draft were pretty slow as well. Olson was the only one that ran well.

They are obviously pretty happy with what we are working with.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Cam wants an elite TE and he will get one next year.

When are you guys going to come to and wake up. It was bad year for obtaining TE talent. They did an excellent job obtaining Martin.

We will get our star TE next year in free agency or the first day of the draft.

None of these names being thrown around are worth anything, and as far as drafting second day players or signing undrafted rookies, what the hell for?
    We have 5 TE's on the roster and Rader has looked good and Peele is a decent backup.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    I'm Ron Burgundy?

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Thanks / No Thanks
    our tight ends are completely fine
    Quote Quote