Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next year

1. -1
    aka FinSane

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Next year

So,here we are again,our team has fallen in the playoffs once more.Like the Bucs,each year is a decline for us.3 straight second blowouts.38-3,62-7,27-0.This year we couldnt even get out of the 1st round.Our needed offseason moves:

QB: Jay was a bit better this year than last,but his recievers weren't consistant enough for him to make big plays.However,Jay is not the guy for our future.There's the door Jay,good riddance.Lucas should stick around for short-yardage,or starter even.McNown should be a factor in training camp.Sign a veteran QB maybe for 3-string.Not sure if a rookie is good for this team.

RB:I had faith in Lamar all year until today.6 carries for 6 yards?!?! Are you kidding me? This guy ran for over 1,000,he couldnt hit the holes this year,even when the 0-line was making them.See-ya Lamar,fun while it lasted.Minor should push for starter in training camp.Draft or sign established RB.Konrad could stay,but id love to see Dyer stay,even start.

WR: Shouldnt touch this band of recievers.McKnight did dissapoint but also did impress at times,he is an upgrade from Tony Martin.Chambers will go to the pro bowl next year.Ward is an exellent 3rd WR.Gadsden could stick around,but i dont think he is a starter.We'll see.Ogden could go,and maybe promote Robert Baker to take his spot.

TE: One of the best positions on the offense.Goodwin is stil la good blocker.Weaver is still a clutch reciever.Perry could go.

O-L: Major overhaul is needed.Dixon has talked about retirement,and if this is true,then we need to sign a veteran G.A new LT is a must.Brent Smith shouldnt be here.Nor should Spencer Folau.We didnt get to see much of Harry Swane,and he should compete for starter.Spirggs should try to comeback from injury.Todd Wade played injured,and Todd Perry sucked.We missed Kevin Donalley and Richmond Webb,no douby about it.I hope Tony Wise is fired.

D-Line: Depending on Tim Bowens and Daryl Gardener's future,the line looks to be in some trouble for the near future.Jason Taylor had a great year,and it looked like he carried the line on his back.Bowens did play good,and Gardener until his back went out again.The backups didnt do so well.Grant and Haley s/b gone.Bromell was alright.Mixon was so-so.Some moves wouldnt hurt.

LB: Zach Thomas played outstanding,but did give up big plays here and there.He is still our franchise defender.Greenwood came out and impressed at times,but i dont know about him yet.In my opinion Twan Russell was better than him.Rodgers s/b healthy next year,but i doubt he'll make a difference.I was never crazy about him.Galyon did do some good,but like Rodgers,he didnt make a difference often.

CB: Sam Madison and Patrick Surtain are still the best tandem in the league,but did have many penalties called against them that proved to be game-deciding at times.Madison was quiet,and Surtain was everywhere.Cousin was better than Jerry Wilson and Terrance Shaw,but he wasn't too good.Fletcher was a dud.

S: Brock Marion had a possible job saving year.He isn't expected to return,but if he does,dont be surprised.Him being my favorite player because he is underrated(DolFan31 heh),but im still worried about his playoff dissaperance all these years.Walker did dissapoint.Shawn Wooden was quiet.

Special Teams: Mare was solid.Turk was impressive at times,but did do some lousy punts.I was happy about our coverage.Tommy Hendricks was awesome and Scott McGarrahan was really good.Keith Armstong is no Mike Westoff,but he did do a good job.

Coaches: Wanne put together the Miami Bears,and while drafting Chris Chambers was definately something special,he didnt do a good job of bringing FA from the Bears,and the coaching moves were awful.Tony Wise? Keith Armstong(see special teams)? These guys made the fans miss their previous succesors.Some moves are welcomes.Also,Chan Gailey is gone,as you all know.That is going to be a plus,because i know our new coordinator will be twice as good.

Overall: Lots of offseason moves will come,the offense and the defense will get better,but this team will need to work hard just to make the playoffs next year.Dont be surprised if we see .500 or worse.

Grade: C+
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    arkansas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Fletcher was a dud.
    when did flethcher really have a chance? yes he was in for a couple plays, but that does not measure the guys talent. the knock i have is with the dolphins management fo giving him the money before he even played a down!:mad:
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Drafting Fletcher was a dumb pick, even if he is good. In the draft, you are supposed to pick what you need, and a CB was the last thing we needed.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    aka FinSane

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree 06,but i still think he was a wasted pick.We could've done better for our first pick.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    aka FinSane

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Right on Ice! Its true,first pick is suppost to be used for your weakest position,and CB wasnt it.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Start Ray next season. Jay is good, but not great. Ray has an all around better talent than Jay. Well the bright side to the loss, we didnt use a Jaguar excuse, i.e. 1998 Loss to Pittsburg. Jimmy Smith "We would have won the game if we had Fred Taylor". Would we have won if we had Chris Chambers?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    aka FinSane

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Would we have won if we had Chris Chambers?

Probably not,because he wouldnt be 100% and Jay wouldnt have enough confidence in him to throw to him enough.If Chambers wouldve been 100% then maybe.But you gotta hand it to the Ravens,they dominated.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baltimore
    Thanks / No Thanks

Chambers would've been a non-factor.

The Ravens D is just awesome, especially vs. the run (hence L.Smith's game). They seem to have awaken in time for the playoffs a la the Yanks. Let's see what lies ahead next week for the AFC and next year for our teams.
    IMO, Lucas was the only spark you Fins had on O all day. Wannstadt should've kept him in. If it wasn't for the J.Lewis fumble on the opening kickoff, your 3 would've been 0.
    GO BILLS!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    aka FinSane

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Dont want to say this,but the Bills fan seems to be right.Oh well,theres always next year,as usual.
    :cry: :o

for now until we get some good upgrades.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Baltimore
    Thanks / No Thanks
    See, there is intelligent life forms on the other side. LOL.

From here on out, as an S.U. guy, I've gotta push for the Eagles.
    Go McNabb and Co.!
    Quote Quote