Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I hope he is a bust...

1. -11
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it doesn't matter who the jets have or don't have. Every year we seem to have problems with them. I hope this is the year when we sweep them but the fact you guys are talking about them tells me that we're still worry about them.If we wanna win the division we need to beat those jets.

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    On an island
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Robertson has bust written all over him.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    El rey de la Pachacha

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York City
    Thanks / No Thanks
    He will be a bust, i mean he only got about one sack in his whole college career (i'm exaggerating but he never got more than 10). He got big, thanks to workouts and combine and all that, he is one of my biggest bust candidates tied right up there with Boller and Suggs, who will bust out too.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I hope he is a bust for the jets and in like 3 years or more when he gets released or is a FA, i hope we get him and becomes a star...hahahaha that would be great...
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Down with the Fins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who knows, he could be a bust, but 1 mini-camp does not make a career. By the way, here is how he makes up for Coles. They signed Conway. So really it is Conway(before you say he sucks, realize that he had like 850 yards in 13 games in a running offense) and Robertson for Coles, which is a pretty good deal.
    2004- Jets are back!
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Actually its Coles vs Conway and a late first rounder...because the Jets used the compensation from Coles to move up in the first round to take Robertson.

Coles vs Conway and a late first rounder? I'd rather have Coles. Especially with Conway's age and extensive injury history. This is a guy the Phins were thinkin about signing as their 3rd WR / guy to compete with James McKnight...and the Jets have signed him to be their #1 WR.

BTW high first round DTs...more often than not, end up pretty good. I predict Robertson will be a high energy guy, able to shed and tackle, tie up blockers, but not really able to rush the passer. You really have to have some sick physical gifts like Warren Sapp or La'Roi Glover to be able to rush the passer from DT while being a full-time DT player.
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Down with the Fins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    YOu are right the draft pick as well, but then also throw in the fact that they would have been in cap hell matching that deal, I think they made a wise choice. And I absolutely love Laveranues Coles, ever since they got him in the 3rd round, but it was not smart to match that deal.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The cap figures in that deal were not very big in the first couple of years, I looked at them.

Meanwhile the contract they just gave Dewayne Robertson probably matches the figures that would have been paid to Coles.

Anyway its moot because its not like the Jets are faultless. If they had tendered Coles at the highest amount, merely paying 300k more than they tendered him at, the Redskins admit they would not have even made an offer. And a Pro Bowl caliber 1200 yard receiver in his 3rd year...a guy who has proven his worth even more than a guy like Peerless Price...you HAVE TO FRICKIN TENDER HIM THE HIGHEST! Heck I believe we tendered JT at the highest amount and that was before he was even a great DE.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Down with the Fins

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hey I agree with you, the front office made a mistake by not giving the higher tender, and I think that their initial contract offer was far too low, and more should have been done to sign him before Snyder could get his hands on him. However once the mistakes were made, a 14 million dollar signing bonus was too much.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by J-E-T-S
    Who knows, he could be a bust, but 1 mini-camp does not make a career. By the way, here is how he makes up for Coles. They signed Conway. So really it is Conway(before you say he sucks, realize that he had like 850 yards in 13 games in a running offense) and Robertson for Coles, which is a pretty good deal.
    Conway is no Coles, plain and simple...

A Bust is the last thing u need on that line with the loss of Ellis due to a drug violation
    Quote Quote