Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thank you Canada

1. -1
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jerusalem
    Thanks / No Thanks

Thank you Canada

Sometimes you do find voices of reason, rare they may be

The foreign minister thanked Canada for being the only one of the council's 47 members to vote against its decision last week to place Israel on its permanent agenda.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    I got cut

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks
    your welcome
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Sponge

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Unfortunately, that decision was made by a minority government that does not speak for Canada. The current Prime Minister is taking these stances for political and economic gain, not to support.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jerusalem
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    Unfortunately, that decision was made by a minority government that does not speak for Canada. The current Prime Minister is taking these stances for political and economic gain, not to support.
    Well, your user info doesn't reveal your location, but to answer, we can still think the country in spite of some of its residents.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canuckistan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sponge View Post
    Examples please of the 'political and economic gain'. Links will be fine.

Thanks
    Social justice: applying unworkable solutions to imaginary problems.

Quote Quote  

6. -6
    The POFO bully.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cybertron
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    Examples please of the 'political and economic gain'. Links will be fine.

Thanks
    Well the Harper government has made no bones about supporting " American " world views, one of those views is of course the support of Isreal. The political gain side of it may be looking strong against terror which has been a successful political tactic since 9/11. The economic gain side I'm not so certain on, maybe lobby groups?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canuckistan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    Well the Harper government has made no bones about supporting " American " world views, one of those views is of course the support of Isreal. The political gain side of it may be looking strong against terror which has been a successful political tactic since 9/11. The economic gain side I'm not so certain on, maybe lobby groups?
    'Political gain'?? Not in the Canada I live in.. where saying anything pro American is a firing offence..

I was asking Sponge specifically as he was the poster to make the above claims without documentation.

Cheers
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    The POFO bully.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cybertron
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    'Political gain'?? Not in the Canada I live in.. where saying anything pro American is a firing offence..

I was asking Sponge specifically as he was the poster to make the above claims without documentation.

Cheers
    No problem so you don't believe that what I wrote could be reasons to explain political gain in this matter? Hmmmm interesting seeing as we all know that most government actions are based on how it will affect the voters come next election, especially when it could be very soon considering the minority government situation.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    The POFO bully.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Cybertron
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.intellectualconservative....liberal-party/

Susan Kadis, a Liberal Member of Parliament from Toronto, resigned as Co-Chair of Ignatieff’s campaign in the Greater Toronto Area. Kadis said she found Ignatieff’s remarks “troubling” and that she thought “he would have a better handle on the Middle East given his years of experience on human rights and international law.” Ignatieff has since announced that he will travel to Israel and visit with Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert next month. However, Ignatieff can talk with Olmert until he is blue in the face. Ignatieff will still call Israel’s action in Qana a war crime. He will not admit that he was wrong.
    Ignatieff’s chief rival in the Liberal leadership race, Bob Rae, angrily reacted to Harper’s remarks on a personal level, as his wife and children are Jewish. “It’s untrue. It’s a big lie. It’s a big smear. And it isn’t going to work on me. And if he thinks he can get away with it, he’s sadly mistaken.” To be fair, Rae did call Ignatieff’s ‘war crime’ quip to be “most unwise.” However, during the summer, Rae was critical of Harper’s strong stance in favor of Israel and argued that Canada should take the lead in bringing about UN peacekeepers on the Israeli-Lebanon border — though he stopped short of calling upon the deployment of Canadian military to do so. “The issue is not simply Israel’s right to defend itself – it is how to police borders, how to resolve tensions.” But how does one resolve tensions with Hezbollah, whose raison d’être is the eradication of the State of Israel?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Canuckistan
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Megatron View Post
    No problem so you don't believe that what I wrote could be reasons to explain political gain in this matter? Hmmmm interesting seeing as we all know that most government actions are based on how it will affect the voters come next election, especially when it could be very soon considering the minority government situation.
    No I do not.

Aligning oneself with Bush policy -in my opinion- is not the best way to get political traction in Canuckistan.

It's possible that Harper just feels that Israel is being targeted unfairly by the UN 'Human Rights' council..

Regards,
    Quote Quote