Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 19 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Scary Bible Quotes

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Huntsville, AL
    Thanks / No Thanks

Scary Bible Quotes

Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Until the Ragnark

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Along the Watchtower
    Thanks / No Thanks
    too bad that the bible is like a buffet
    most people take what looks good and leave the rest
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    scientist

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's actually a good link, at least for those of us that don't know the Bible well. The introduction gives links to various arguments on both sides too. Well, I never had any respect for what's written in that book and thus never studied it, but having even a short list of such quotes from someone who did study it is useful.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Memphis
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I just don't see how you can claim everything in there is the word of God himself but you can just pick and choose what you want. That is what I did with the whole religion thing. But I don't sit here and claim everything is the unquestioned word of God and I must obey everything to a T. I think the basic message of the bible and organized religions are the thing that counts. All the other crap we could do without.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Should put too rest that the Koran is somehow more violent than the bible- lol.
    Better than Chris Long and Vernon Gholston
    PHILLIP MERLING
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckb2001 View Post
    That's actually a good link, at least for those of us that don't know the Bible well. The introduction gives links to various arguments on both sides too. Well, I never had any respect for what's written in that book and thus never studied it, but having even a short list of such quotes from someone who did study it is useful.
    Looks like you have all the info you ever wanted to read. You'd think that such an educated man would want to read much more before passing judgment on the Bible. You'd think a scientist would want to research more before deciding what to believe the facts are.

I'm disappointed that you would say that you never had any respect for what is written in a book you've never studied. Maybe I'll go out to WalMart and pick me up one of those science degrees. Is that anywhere near sporting goods ?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    scientist

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap View Post
    Looks like you have all the info you ever wanted to read. You'd think that such an educated man would want to read much more before passing judgment on the Bible. You'd think a scientist would want to research more before deciding what to believe the facts are.

I'm disappointed that you would say that you never had any respect for what is written in a book you've never studied. Maybe I'll go out to WalMart and pick me up one of those science degrees. Is that anywhere near sporting goods ?
    Where did I imply I have all the info I ever wanted? Please don't make unsupported accusations. It's simply information that's useful.

And if you read what I write carefully, I rarely pass judgment on specific passages in the Bible. I stay away from that most of the time unless I have a quote from someone who believes in the Bible and HE gives me his interpretation.

I attack SPECIFIC beliefs if you cared to note that before attacking me like that. For example, IS it true that person X believes God exists? I can debate that irrespective of whether that belief comes from the Bible or Koran or whatever. But, once that person says it comes from the Bible, then whatever argument I make automatically transfers to an attack on the Bible, at least given his interpretation of it.

So, why do I have no respect for the Bible? Simple. Based on what believers of it have told me, it ASSUMES the existence of something for which NO scientific (demonstrable) evidence exists: God. Do you dispute this? Does the Bible allow for ANY possibility it could be wrong that God exists? Too many people who believe in the book claim there can be NO possibility they (human beings) could EVER be wrong.

Any book that suggests we accept something on faith ALONE is something I have NO respect for.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Chester,Va.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ckb2001 View Post
    Where did I imply I have all the info I ever wanted? Please don't make unsupported accusations. It's simply information that's useful.

And if you read what I write carefully, I rarely pass judgment on specific passages in the Bible. I stay away from that most of the time unless I have a quote from someone who believes in the Bible and HE gives me his interpretation.

I attack SPECIFIC beliefs if you cared to note that before attacking me like that. For example, IS it true that person X believes God exists? I can debate that irrespective of whether that belief comes from the Bible or Koran or whatever. But, once that person says it comes from the Bible, then whatever argument I make automatically transfers to an attack on the Bible, at least given his interpretation of it.

So, why do I have no respect for the Bible? Simple. Based on what believers of it have told me, it ASSUMES the existence of something for which NO scientific (demonstrable) evidence exists: God. Do you dispute this? Does the Bible allow for ANY possibility it could be wrong that God exists? Too many people who believe in the book claim there can be NO possibility they (human beings) could EVER be wrong.

Any book that suggests we accept something on faith ALONE is something I have NO respect for.
    Useful for your well studied conclusions ???
    Pick up the Bible, and read it one time. If you then choose to not believe, at least it will be an educated decision.

Based on what believers of it have told me, it ASSUMES the existence of something for which NO scientific (demonstrable) evidence exists: God.
    Ever think (just maybe) scientists are not that far along (in the acumen department) at this point to be able to find that evidence ? Ever think that there are just some things that the human mind CAN'T comprehend ? I personally do.
    Well, I'm sure the folks down in hell are excited right now. They've got a scientist coming to town. Finally, someone smart enough to fix the air conditioning. Good luck with that.

How about this ? Instead of scientists trying to disprove Gods existence, how about they finally bring something to the table as to how we exist.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Breathing is the hardest thing to do.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bloomfield NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.
    time to kill my boss

"Hockey is like heroin. Only drug addicts do heroin. It's not like a recreational drug. Hockey is kind of the same way. Only hockey fans watch hockey."
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    scientist

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Useful for your well studied conclusions ???
    Pick up the Bible, and read it one time. If you then choose to not believe, at least it will be an educated decision.
    Why pick it up and read it if it's universally acknowledged to be true that the Bible ASSUMES the existence of something for which no known scientific evidence exists: God?

If you don't dispute that it assumes the existence of God, I have no reason to pick up such a book. It simply means that the validity of many of the arguments rest on that one assumption (as well as many others: just because God exists doesn't mean he had to have created the universe, so that's another assumption with no evidence, etc..)

And yes, this one assertion IS a well-studied conclusion. Again, do you dispute it?

Ever think (just maybe) scientists are not that far along (in the acumen department) at this point to be able to find that evidence ? Ever think that there are just some things that the human mind CAN'T comprehend ? I personally do.
    Ever think that what you stated is SO obvious there's no point in stating it? Really, stating it does what? It changes nothing in what I said.

Well, I'm sure the folks down in hell are excited right now. They've got a scientist coming to town. Finally, someone smart enough to fix the air conditioning. Good luck with that.
    Another assumption with no evidence supporting it. No evidence hell exists and no evidence that even if it existed I'd go there. All that's just assumption after assumption. This is so typical of the Bible crowd it gives me further reason to completely disrespect the book.

How about this ? Instead of scientists trying to disprove Gods existence, how about they finally bring something to the table as to how we exist.
    How about you learn some science and you won't make such ignorant statements. "How" the universe works (as far as we know) is contained in all those laws and theories science comes up with. Sure, there's lots we don't understand, but first of all science is HONEST about this, instead of just going out and claiming something for which NO scientific evidence exists MUST be correct!!

And you see all that technology around you? That's a direct result of having a better understanding of how we exist (how nature works) than anything religion ever came close to providing. I don't see you complaining about science when it comes to having all the cool stuff that can't be created without it.
    Quote Quote