Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Taylor's contract

1. -1
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo

Taylor's contract

Does anyone know the current status of Jason Taylor's contract?

I ask because it seems the ridiculous deal Freeney just got from the Colts is causing some other guys to overvalue themselves. Osi and Strahan are both wanting new deals. The Colts LT is threatening retirement and trying to squeeze out a big deal. Julius Peppers is now getting a new deal too.

The Colts obviously goofed here by paying Freeney alot more than what he is worth and it is causing a ripple effect. Jason Taylor happens to be the best in the league at this position and Im hoping he is not in position to demand more money.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVdolphan View Post

I ask because it seems the ridiculous deal Freeney just got from the Colts is causing some other guys to overvalue themselves. Osi and Strahan are both wanting new deals. The Colts LT is threatening retirement and trying to squeeze out a big deal. Julius Peppers is now getting a new deal too.

The Colts obviously goofed here by paying Freeney alot more than what he is worth and it is causing a ripple effect. Jason Taylor happens to be the best in the league at this position and Im hoping he is not in position to demand more money.
    its not just Freeney, there was a big upswing in contracts this year. I wanted us to sign Leonard Davis until I saw what he signed for.
    When Death Smiles Upon You the Infantryman smiles back
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Marion, N.C.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The cap goes up every year. Usually the SB champs lose alot of players and they have to pay alot to keep the players that are important to their team. They let both starting corners go and signed Freeney because he is a player teams have to game plan for. I beleive alot of top D-ends will expect that type of money but a team may feel their not as important to their TEAM NEEDS as Freeny was to the Colts needs.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks

If I'm not mistaken, Jason signed a 6-year $45 million contract in 2004. Taylor also restructured his contract last year where they turned some of his base salary into bonus money.

As far as being position to demand more money, winning the NFL DPOY award puts him there but I don't think he will, especially if we are a playoff bound team this year.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    HOF Pass Master

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Narnia
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Is Bonus Money the same as Performance related pay?
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FanMarino View Post
    Is Bonus Money the same as Performance related pay?
    In this case it is more likely added to his signing bonus, money paid upfront, and not part of some incentive related to performance.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Geforce View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, Jason signed a 6-year $45 million contract in 2004. Taylor also restructured his contract last year where they turned some of his base salary into bonus money.

As far as being position to demand more money, winning the NFL DPOY award puts him there but I don't think he will, especially if we are a playoff bound team this year.
    Lets Hope! If we go 9-7 were in ! If you ask me its gonna come down to throwin more TDS than INTS lets hope Trent still has it
    From Worst To First! Baby!

Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo

TY Geforce.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    O-town
    Thanks / No Thanks
    TY Geforce.
    YW WV

Let's just hope Taylor continues to put the team first as he has done in the past. :wink:
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    YW WV

Let's just hope Taylor continues to put the team first as he has done in the past. :wink:

Him and Zach are a few of the ones that have done that. Our newest aquisitions dont seem to have a great history of that. Steelers were worried about a Porter holdout and Green of course did not take a paycut to stay with his team. I will give Martin and Sledge credit never heard any complaints on them salarywise although Martin has had no reason to complain.
    Quote Quote