Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Reagan Mauia Fan Club (formerly Donnie Jones Fan Club)

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks

Reagan Mauia Fan Club (formerly Donnie Jones Fan Club)

Well the new season is upon us and Donnie Jones is gone. To keep the brother hood of the Donnie Jones Fan Club in place, I think we need to find a new player to replace the incredible Donnie Jones.

I have searched far and low to find a replacement for the ferocious Donnie Jones and I think I may have come up with one. After thousands of hours of internet research, personal interviews with family members and friends the only player on our roster who I feel can have the Donnie Jones torch passed to him is our 6th round draft choice Fullback Reagan Mauia.

Like the underappreciated punting position, the Fullback position is underappreciated by most fans but this will change when we see the way Reagan crushes the competition

Here is a little info I found

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/a...aut080507.html

If you live in South Florida and listen to Dan Le Batard's afternoon talk show (most folks apparently do, being that it is now the highest-rated sports talk radio show in the market), then you know all about the phrase "I'm the juggernaut, *****! Wooooooh!"
    It's a quote that was uttered by Miami Dolphins rookie fullback Reagan Mauia, and it has been played ad nausea by Le Batard and his cohorts in recent days. Interestingly, this bit of brash bravado was uttered just after the 270-pound bruiser crashed through a wall in his trainer's gym.
    A quick look at that YouTube clip and one immediately understands the nature of the juggernaut reference.
    Note: I'm usually not one to pine for my propers, but truth be told, I am responsible for Mauia's sudden ascendancy to mythical status (at least on the Miami radio airwaves). On the day he was drafted, I did some quick Internet research on this rambunctious Samoan and came across the YouTube clip. I then told one of my colleagues here at RealFootball365.com about it, and being that he is an admitted chronic caller to Le Batard's show, he promptly called in to let Dan know about this little Web gem.
    But that's enough tasteless self-aggrandizing for now. Let's get back to football.
    Critics will say that crashing through a fairly thin piece of drywall is not all that impressive of a feat. In fact, if I had to guess, Le Batard himself could probably do it if he were so inclined. But what can't be argued is that Mauia clearly has the type of intense and downright violent mindset that is needed to be a successful blocker at the NFL level.
    And his physical dimensions don't hurt, either.
    Mauia is 6 feet, 270, but what's most impressive is the chiseled physique and athleticism he clearly possesses. The former University of Hawaii standout used to be a 350-pound nose tackle but converted to fullback in his junior season. He quickly made his presence felt both as a blocker and a ball carrier, rushing for 56 yards and a bruising touchdown on just 10 carries against San Diego State in his final game of the 2005 season. As Mauia himself described during an interview on Le Batard's show, he was "knocking fools out" during his touchdown jaunt.
    In 2006, Mauia developed into a consistent and well-rounded fullback, playing in 14 games and rushing for 153 yards and two touchdowns on just 31 carries. He also helped provide pass protection for the NCAA's top-ranked aerial offense and helped pave the way for a Hawaii rushing attack that averaged a healthy 5.5 yards per carry; although, some of that yardage can be attributed to the Rainbows' wide open passing attack and not Mauia's blocking prowess.
    For Miami, Mauia will likely serve in an apprentice role at first, working behind 13-year veteran Cory Schlesinger. That's a good thing, because the gritty and experienced Schlesinger can help mold Mauia into the kind of fullback who will remind folks of another veritable juggernaut Dolphins head coach Cam Cameron utilized when he was with the San Diego Chargers .
    And if Reagan Mauia can become half the fullback that perennial Pro Bowler Lorenzo Neal is, helping to pave running room for the already bruising Ronnie Brown, the Dolphins will likely possess one of the most intimidating power running games in recent memory.

It is clear to me that Reagan has the ability to be a worthy successor to Jones. My vote goes to Mauia. Anyone else?

REAGAN MAUIA FAN CLUB MEMBERS (25 AND COUNTING)
    adamprez2003
    YBFM
    Regan21286
    Roman 529
    Mike 13
    Native Floridian
    Icephinfan
    Dr Astro Zoom
    Den 54
    Smoke
    Colorado Dolfan
    FinSince Birth
    K-BayFinFan
    Silverphin
    Padre31
    joeyporter55
    Dolfan_Germany
    azfinfanmang
    chucknduckking
    SickFinFan33
    TurkishFin99
    Phinsfan210
    Beaker
    jdang307
    funkymonks
    Better than Chris Long and Vernon Gholston
    PHILLIP MERLING
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Houston Texas(but born in Tampa and have always been a fins fan)
    Thanks / No Thanks
    that place that he knocked down u can easily see was pre cut or a very very thin wall

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    here is a former high school's recollections of Reagan

Reagan is 270, not 350, do a litle research. He is one big guy (i went to highschool with him,and played football together, although he was a jr, we still had workouts and stuff together). Had he stayed out of trouble in highschool, he would have been a 4 year starter on a D1 team, definitely not at RB but on the line somewhere. It was pretty cool reading in the local paper yesterday that maimi had the biggest interest him, as it is cool to see someone you know playing for your favorite team! Ever since having his son, he has stayed out of trouble, and i'm sure he'll be a great addition to the team. He can play rb, on the oline or even on the dline. He is crazy and will be fun to watch on sepcial teams. As for a testimony to his strength, here is an incident that happened back in highschool over the summer at weights. We were maxing out, (he weighed about 300lbs at this time) and he was putting up 350 on bench. The bar slipped out of his hands (when he had pressed it almost all the way up), landing on his chest. You could see the indent of the bar on his chest, it was something i'll never forget. Along with 2 other guys, they lifted the bar off of him. He got up, pounded his chest like a gorilla, and carried on like nothin happened.
    Anyway, here is a link to our local paper if anyone wants to read the small part they did on him yesterday: http://www.lodinews.com/articles/2007/04/29/sports/3_ma
    uia_070428.txt
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NativeFloridian View Post
    that place that he knocked down u can easily see was pre cut or a very very thin wall
    280 lbs / runs a 4.88 / psycho mentality = perfect traits for a pain inflicting fullback
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adamprez2003 View Post
    Well the new season is upon us and Donnie Jones is gone. To keep the brother hood of the Donnie Jones Fan Club in place, I think we need to find a new player to replace the incredible Donnie Jones.

I have searched far and low to find a replacement for the ferocious Donnie Jones and I think I may have come up with one. After thousands of hours of internet research, personal interviews with family members and friends the only player on our roster who I feel can have the Donnie Jones torch passed to him is our 6th round draft choice Fullback Reagan Mauia.

Like the underappreciated punting position, the Fullback position is underappreciated by most fans but this will change when we see the way Reagan crushes the competition

Here is a little info I found

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/a...aut080507.html

If you live in South Florida and listen to Dan Le Batard's afternoon talk show (most folks apparently do, being that it is now the highest-rated sports talk radio show in the market), then you know all about the phrase "I'm the juggernaut, *****! Wooooooh!"
    It's a quote that was uttered by Miami Dolphins rookie fullback Reagan Mauia, and it has been played ad nausea by Le Batard and his cohorts in recent days. Interestingly, this bit of brash bravado was uttered just after the 270-pound bruiser crashed through a wall in his trainer's gym.
    A quick look at that YouTube clip and one immediately understands the nature of the juggernaut reference.
    Note: I'm usually not one to pine for my propers, but truth be told, I am responsible for Mauia's sudden ascendancy to mythical status (at least on the Miami radio airwaves). On the day he was drafted, I did some quick Internet research on this rambunctious Samoan and came across the YouTube clip. I then told one of my colleagues here at RealFootball365.com about it, and being that he is an admitted chronic caller to Le Batard's show, he promptly called in to let Dan know about this little Web gem.
    But that's enough tasteless self-aggrandizing for now. Let's get back to football.
    Critics will say that crashing through a fairly thin piece of drywall is not all that impressive of a feat. In fact, if I had to guess, Le Batard himself could probably do it if he were so inclined. But what can't be argued is that Mauia clearly has the type of intense and downright violent mindset that is needed to be a successful blocker at the NFL level.
    And his physical dimensions don't hurt, either.
    Mauia is 6 feet, 270, but what's most impressive is the chiseled physique and athleticism he clearly possesses. The former University of Hawaii standout used to be a 350-pound nose tackle but converted to fullback in his junior season. He quickly made his presence felt both as a blocker and a ball carrier, rushing for 56 yards and a bruising touchdown on just 10 carries against San Diego State in his final game of the 2005 season. As Mauia himself described during an interview on Le Batard's show, he was "knocking fools out" during his touchdown jaunt.
    In 2006, Mauia developed into a consistent and well-rounded fullback, playing in 14 games and rushing for 153 yards and two touchdowns on just 31 carries. He also helped provide pass protection for the NCAA's top-ranked aerial offense and helped pave the way for a Hawaii rushing attack that averaged a healthy 5.5 yards per carry; although, some of that yardage can be attributed to the Rainbows' wide open passing attack and not Mauia's blocking prowess.
    For Miami, Mauia will likely serve in an apprentice role at first, working behind 13-year veteran Cory Schlesinger. That's a good thing, because the gritty and experienced Schlesinger can help mold Mauia into the kind of fullback who will remind folks of another veritable juggernaut Dolphins head coach Cam Cameron utilized when he was with the San Diego Chargers .
    And if Reagan Mauia can become half the fullback that perennial Pro Bowler Lorenzo Neal is, helping to pave running room for the already bruising Ronnie Brown, the Dolphins will likely possess one of the most intimidating power running games in recent memory.

It is clear to me that Reagan has the ability to be a worthy successor to Jones. My vote goes to Mauia. Anyone else?
    I picked up his autograph at minicamp, do you want it?
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jim1 View Post
    I picked up his autograph at minicamp, do you want it?
    Absolutely. BTW how did he look at minicamp? Which players looked good?
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    "It's Not A Tumor!"

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington State
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Hell yeah! Sign me up.......I love the guy! You need an animal at fullback.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    How does a post about a Dolphin player get dumped into the lounge?
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Donnie Jones club was fun at a time when there was not much going on .

Heck I was a member if you remember.:wink:

The problem is that we are now going into training camp and the staff is going to get very busy.

If we allow a club for one player we cannot deny a club for other players and the main forum could be filled with clubs.

Also you have to admit that there were very posts with substance in that thread.It just became a vehicle to increase post count as that thread was endlessly bumped.

Hopefully you will understand.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CrunchTime View Post
    The Donnie Jones club was fun at a time when there was not much going on .

Heck I was a member if you remember.:wink:

The problem is that we are now going into training camp and the staff is going to get very busy.

If we allow a club for one player we cannot deny a club for other players and the main forum could be filled with clubs.

Also you have to admit that there were very posts with substance in that thread.It just became a vehicle to increase post count as that thread was endlessly bumped.

Hopefully you will understand.
    I hear ya, but by putting the club in the lounge before it gets started you are almost guaranteeing it will never be seen since the majority of people will only look at at the Dolphins thread. I actualy thought it would be a somewhat decent way of keeping up on one of our draft picks progress in training camp while hopefully having some fun at the same time.

I personally never thought post count was part of the reason people posted on the Donnie Jones Club. I thought it was a thread to have some laughs. I think that's why the majority of people posted

Why not allow it to be in the Dolphins forum for a couple of weeks and if it gets out of hand put it in the lounge at that time. At least people will have a chance to see it.:pray:
    Quote Quote