I don't care what anyone says, but we are going places. I know we've been slow starters & it may take some time for all our new players to click & run smooth, still w/so much talent we will overcome. I'm not a homer & going to predict a Superbowl win, but I'll sell my sister if we don't go atleast 9-7 & make the post season. And there's so many reasons why.
1. Upgrade at QB. We could've used Green here a few years ago & he may be a short fix, but he's a definite upgrade over what we've had at the helm. And I think even if Green's injured, Beck will be ready to come in. He's the future & I don't see him struggling (for long) should he have to come in.
2. Ronnie's ready to break out. He's got a couple of years under his belt & will be ready to push the ball in behind Schlesinger & Andersen. Even though our O-line's not the biggest. We've now got a monster TE & FB to help us push the ball in. Those 3rd & shorts (&) 4th & goals are going to be a lot easier. Our opponents can stack the line if they want, but they better have their ice & advil nearby. Not to mention that Ronnie has proved that he can carry the ball 20 times per game & if so will give you a nice game. Also we have nice back up & change of pace RB in L.Booker.
3. Upgrade / Solid WR core. And I'm not speaking of Chambers & Booker. Booker was nice last year, but I believe we let our best WR (Welker) go. Chambers has shown us that he can put up good numbers, however he's not consistent enough. IMHO I think Ginn & Hagan will be our #1 & #2 by the end of the season. I also think we've got to let Hakim or Booker go & give the 4th & 5th spots to Sutton & PK Sam who are both impressing. W/Ginn's speed & a year of experience he could be a top 10 at the end of next year - 08' season.
4. Revamped O-line w/a beast leading the way - nuff said.
5. Upgrade / Solid Defense. Upgrade at LB - Porter. Has got to be one of the best LB's corps I can remember. I also feel that our Secondary started to get it together at the end of last year & will be an improved secondary.
Call this Optimism, call it homerism, call it whatever you want, just don't let the disappointment we've had the last couple of years make you weary, because we've definitely upgraded & will be the team everyone's talking about.