Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Upgrade, Upgrade, Upgrade! Wildcard bound.

1. -1
    Fins are my crack!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks

Upgrade, Upgrade, Upgrade! Wildcard bound.

I don't care what anyone says, but we are going places. I know we've been slow starters & it may take some time for all our new players to click & run smooth, still w/so much talent we will overcome. I'm not a homer & going to predict a Superbowl win, but I'll sell my sister if we don't go atleast 9-7 & make the post season. And there's so many reasons why.

1. Upgrade at QB. We could've used Green here a few years ago & he may be a short fix, but he's a definite upgrade over what we've had at the helm. And I think even if Green's injured, Beck will be ready to come in. He's the future & I don't see him struggling (for long) should he have to come in.

2. Ronnie's ready to break out. He's got a couple of years under his belt & will be ready to push the ball in behind Schlesinger & Andersen. Even though our O-line's not the biggest. We've now got a monster TE & FB to help us push the ball in. Those 3rd & shorts (&) 4th & goals are going to be a lot easier. Our opponents can stack the line if they want, but they better have their ice & advil nearby. Not to mention that Ronnie has proved that he can carry the ball 20 times per game & if so will give you a nice game. Also we have nice back up & change of pace RB in L.Booker.

3. Upgrade / Solid WR core. And I'm not speaking of Chambers & Booker. Booker was nice last year, but I believe we let our best WR (Welker) go. Chambers has shown us that he can put up good numbers, however he's not consistent enough. IMHO I think Ginn & Hagan will be our #1 & #2 by the end of the season. I also think we've got to let Hakim or Booker go & give the 4th & 5th spots to Sutton & PK Sam who are both impressing. W/Ginn's speed & a year of experience he could be a top 10 at the end of next year - 08' season.

4. Revamped O-line w/a beast leading the way - nuff said.

5. Upgrade / Solid Defense. Upgrade at LB - Porter. Has got to be one of the best LB's corps I can remember. I also feel that our Secondary started to get it together at the end of last year & will be an improved secondary.

Call this Optimism, call it homerism, call it whatever you want, just don't let the disappointment we've had the last couple of years make you weary, because we've definitely upgraded & will be the team everyone's talking about.

Go Fins!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bay Area, California
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I agree with everything except #4. Our oline is a mystery if I've ever seen one. Our defense looks better on paper but hopefully the extra year hasn't slowed them down.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nice Post...you made some great arguments there. Im sold, nice work my man!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Fins are my crack!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan984 View Post
    I agree with everything except #4. Our oline is a mystery if I've ever seen one. Our defense looks better on paper but hopefully the extra year hasn't slowed them down.
    Yeah it's probably now or never for a few on the defensive side.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    The High Tech Bong Monkey!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dallas
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I like your optimism. But forgive me if I don't count my chickens before they've hatched.
    Ask me about the Miami Dolphins "Game of the Week" during the offseason.

Miami Dolphins DVD Video Library
    Now hosting Miami Dolphins games on DVD including the games like
    '85 Bears game, Fake Spike game, and the '94 shoot out vs Patriots!!

Games available for your iPhone and iPod Touch!
    PM for details
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    New Jerseys Proudest Fins Fan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    great post man, but i cant agree with you on number 3, i dont feel weve upgraded much at the WR core and ginn will not be a 1 or 2 receiver this year, hell work as a slot reciever like welker did, thats my opinion, but i may be wrong.

-Marino Forever-
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think our D will be superior for 2 or 3 more years, and if we can find successors to Zach and JT, for years beyond that. For all the talk about our aging defense, we have some good young talent getting set to step in.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Melbourne, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I love optimism. There still are some weaknesses on this team (namely, the secondary). Having said that, I do like the improvements made to this point, I love the fact that all of our draft picks will be available for Day 1 of training camp, and that Cameron is running this team the right way.

I'm hopeful for a good season. I'm not sold on the playoffs at this juncture, but I'm with you on 9 wins (if not more).
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Land Locked Dolfan

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Dakota
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Love the enthusiasm. Hope you are right.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    philly
    Thanks / No Thanks
    we need our vet WR to step up to win more games, chambers needs a huge year with green at QB, would like another RB like Dillon to add to depth
    Quote Quote