Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged 3x: Could Ryan be Miami's man with top pick?

1. -21
    Wa Wa Wee Wa

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    UCLA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adamprez2003 View Post
    Here I am What no email alerts about Matt Ryan being discussed? All I can say is the article is right on the money. The draft boards may finally be catching up to what the NFL scouts already know. Who knows maybe by April they'll have Ryan number one overall

"He ranks among the top three prospects in this class, and he is a player the Dolphins have begun exploring strongly. "

"Parcells has used first-round selections on quarterbacks such as Drew Bledsoe and Chad Pennington, and Bledsoe was the starter as a rookie. Ryan has the level of development to surpass Bledsoe's first-year performance (49.9 completion percentage, 2,494 yards, 15 touchdowns, 15 interceptions for New England in 1993). "

"But Ryan is the prospect who can help the Dolphins back to respectability – and the playoffs – the soonest. He also may be the best long-term prospect in this draft, and he plays the game's most important position.
    There still is a long way to go before the first selection is made in April, but Parcells already may have found his man. "
    If we go Ryan or Brohm, I won't complain.

And so do people who don't vote for me in FH March Madness http://www.dolphinsnation.com/forums...d.php?t=215893
    Players I'm looking at for 08 draft: Adarius Bowman, DR Cromartie, Martin Rucker, Bruce Davis, Shannon Tevaga, Tracy Porter, Brian Brohm, Matt Ryan, Chris Long, John Carlson, Chauncey Washington (ex-HS teammate)
    Interesting fact: Bill Parcells was the 1st NFL coach to have Gatorade dumped on him after a W in 1985.
    Quote Quote  

2. -22
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

Could Ryan be Miami´s Man With The Top Pick?

"The Miami Dolphins theoretically are on the clock for the 2008 NFL Draft, and don't be surprised if they select Boston College quarterback Matt Ryan with the top overall choice."

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co...asp?cid=763205

What do you guys think? Are we giving up on Beck already? If he is really an elite QB, I wouldn´t want to pass him up.
    Quote Quote  

3. -23
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Man, when did Frank Coyle turn into an idiot?
    Twitter: @ckparrot
    Quote Quote  

4. -24
    The look on Tom Brady's face: Pricless

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bermuda
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Already posted somewhere else - Draft forum I think. Still nice discussion fodder.
    "If you sit by the river long enough, one day you will see the body of your enemy floating by." - Chinese Proverb

February 3rd, 2008 - The day God smiled on the Dolphins again.

Quote Quote  

5. -25
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Slowly they come around.
    Better than Chris Long and Vernon Gholston
    PHILLIP MERLING
    Quote Quote  

6. -26
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PhinsPhan122 View Post
    What if. . .

We traded our first overall to Dallas for their two first rounders (and whatever else they add to make it a fair trade) and Matt Ryan is available at either of those picks? I think Bill Parcells will take him, if that is the case.
    Yeah, that would be like their whole draft this year and a good amount of next years too. (IF you go by the charts to be "fair") So I DOUBT that happens. The only way would be if they threw in a great player now. Like Witten (which again, won't happen)

Anyway, about Matt Ryan. I personally do not like the guy, but he did lead a team w/o too much talent to a good record and single-handedly beat VTech at their house... I would not be crazy about the pick, but if our FO really thinks he can be a superstar (I personally do not) then I am ok with that pick.

This franchise has not had top picks in the draft very often. The key is to make SURE you get this one right.
    Offseason again... at least this one should be exciting!
    -Oboy

Thanks to CrunchTime for the Sig banners.
    Quote Quote  

7. -27
    PowerHungryMo'fo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    When evaluating Matty Ice remember he had zero WR's worth a crap.

Other it's really common these days for the top 5-10 guys not to play in the all-star games.
    Quote Quote  

8. -28
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Overall: Ryan was redshirted for the 2003 season. During his first three seasons (2004-06) Ryan played in 26 games (18 starts) completing 419 passes on 693 attempts (60.5 percent) for 4,806 yards, 25 touchdowns and 18 interceptions. Ryan missed one game in 2006 with a sprained ankle. The table is set for Ryan to have a big year because Boston College is expected to open up its offense and he has the accuracy as well as the smarts to excel in the new scheme. However, his lack of elite arm strength and mobility does put a cap on his upside. His potential to develop into an effective starter or above-average backup should make him a late first-day pick if he stays healthy and improves his decision making in the face of pressure.

Coming into this season his marks don't see that good.
    Quote Quote  

9. -29
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    would be huge mistake
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

10. -30
    The look on Tom Brady's face: Pricless

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Bermuda
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here we go again on this. Ad nausium.
    Quote Quote