Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Merged 3x: Could Ryan be Miami's man with top pick?

1. -51
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NamathDrunkLove View Post
    I respect your opinion because that is what most people tell me when I mention Brohm. But I can say that I have watched him play several games and to me their is no indicator to this. The guy is great in the pocket, has a good/great arm, has a little mobility, and produced the numbers. He played in two different systems, both of which were pro style offenses. He did his best in terms up td's this last year. He did so with a new head coach and different coaching style/philosophy. I've wathced him against WVU and he lit them up. He always seems to find the open guy. Those interceptions that he threw this last year against them were in the last few minutes of the game when he was trying to come back. Even one of them from what I remember was kind of like Mannings first int last week against San Diego. His own player tipped it.
    I am personally sold on Brohm and think he has a chance at being the next Marc Bulger. The one concern I have with him is his durability. He seems to get dinged up alot. What's your take on his durability?
    Better than Chris Long and Vernon Gholston
    PHILLIP MERLING
    Quote Quote  

2. -52
    With stolen wings and evil ways

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lbmclean_sj View Post
    change the scheme for a rookie?

yeah, that happens all the time

he would be wasted at NT and he isn't a DE, ergo he is a horrible fit

in a 4-3 scheme he is awesome
    I'm not so sure I agree with this - Dorsey has certainly played at all the gaps on the line, and has been his usual dominant self at all of them. He's not "planet theory" size, but he can certainly bulk up a bit without suffering.
    Quote Quote  

3. -53
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emocomputerjock View Post
    Gholston you could make a case for - Long no way, I don't care what Groh says. Long has never played LB in any way according to any bio or history I can find. He's never been used in that way.

Again, Long has never played OLB ever. If we want that type of player, get Gholston.
    Gotta disagree there, Long could absolutely play OLB or DE in a 3-4 and be great at both. Groh has repeatedly said he would be successful at both and compared him to Mike Vrabel. He could and will definitely play both spots.
    Quote Quote  

4. -54

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Motion View Post
    Gotta disagree there, Long could absolutely play OLB or DE in a 3-4 and be great at both. Groh has repeatedly said he would be successful at both and compared him to Mike Vrabel. He could and will definitely play both spots.
    That's an awfully big risk at a #1 overall spot to hope the guy can make the transition seamlessly and contribute right away like another pick would. We know Gholston can do it, and we know Dorsey is an incredible tackle, and Long is an incredible DE. Long is certainly athletic, and he has a great work ethic. Nonetheless, there's still going to be a heck of a learning curve to get everyone up to speed to NFL status regardless, and I'd rather spend the 35 mil on a player playing in a position he was familiar with. A later pick I'd have no problems with, but for the #1 I'm not happy with the idea.
    Quote Quote  

5. -55
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    That's an awfully big risk at a #1 overall spot to hope the guy can make the transition seamlessly and contribute right away like another pick would. We know Gholston can do it, and we know Dorsey is an incredible tackle, and Long is an incredible DE. Long is certainly athletic, and he has a great work ethic. Nonetheless, there's still going to be a heck of a learning curve to get everyone up to speed to NFL status regardless, and I'd rather spend the 35 mil on a player playing in a position he was familiar with. A later pick I'd have no problems with, but for the #1 I'm not happy with the idea.
    I think his versatility makes him even more likely to be the pick. I don't think there is any doubt that he could exceed at both positions. I'd be much more comfortable with him at OLB than I would Dorsey at NT. Regardless I think he is a great player and I think he is the pick.

Gholston isn't even in the equation IMO.
    Quote Quote  

6. -56

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Motion View Post
    I think his versatility makes him even more likely to be the pick. I don't think there is any doubt that he could exceed at both positions. I'd be much more comfortable with him at OLB than I would Dorsey at NT. Regardless I think he is a great player and I think he is the pick.

Gholston isn't even in the equation IMO.
    I mention Gholston as another example of the the guy we're apparently looking at Long to become - the next JT. I'm still not sold on Long being able to make the transition quickly and painlessly.
    Quote Quote  

7. -57
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    bulking Dorsey up to fit a 3-4 scheme is one of the most inane things I have heard

would you bulk up Terrell Owens and put him at TE?

re-god-$%#-diculous
    Quote Quote  

8. -58
    PowerHungryMo'fo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who drafts a OLB no. 1. overall?
    Quote Quote  

9. -59
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NorFlaFin View Post
    Who drafts a OLB no. 1. overall?
    I would take a monster pass rushing OLB first
    Quote Quote  

10. -60
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Missouri
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Gholston you could make a case for - Long no way, I don't care what Groh says. Long has never played LB in any way according to any bio or history I can find. He's never been used in that way.

Again, Long has never played OLB ever. If we want that type of player, get Gholston.
    Post of the day right there. Who cares what Al Groh thinks? Long's bio doesn't say he can play 3-4 OLB, so it's a fact. What the heck does Al Groh know about Chris Long or NFL 3-4 defenses anyways?
    Quote Quote