Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.



VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 115

Thread: Merged 3x: Could Ryan be Miami's man with top pick?

  1. -51
    adamprez2003's Avatar
    FinHeaven VIP

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    11,681
    vCash:
    1000
    Loc:
    New York
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NamathDrunkLove View Post
    I respect your opinion because that is what most people tell me when I mention Brohm. But I can say that I have watched him play several games and to me their is no indicator to this. The guy is great in the pocket, has a good/great arm, has a little mobility, and produced the numbers. He played in two different systems, both of which were pro style offenses. He did his best in terms up td's this last year. He did so with a new head coach and different coaching style/philosophy. I've wathced him against WVU and he lit them up. He always seems to find the open guy. Those interceptions that he threw this last year against them were in the last few minutes of the game when he was trying to come back. Even one of them from what I remember was kind of like Mannings first int last week against San Diego. His own player tipped it.
    I am personally sold on Brohm and think he has a chance at being the next Marc Bulger. The one concern I have with him is his durability. He seems to get dinged up alot. What's your take on his durability?
    Better than Chris Long and Vernon Gholston
    PHILLIP MERLING
    Quote Quote  

  2. -52
    emocomputerjock's Avatar
    With stolen wings and evil ways

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    2,574
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lbmclean_sj View Post
    change the scheme for a rookie?

    yeah, that happens all the time

    he would be wasted at NT and he isn't a DE, ergo he is a horrible fit

    in a 4-3 scheme he is awesome
    I'm not so sure I agree with this - Dorsey has certainly played at all the gaps on the line, and has been his usual dominant self at all of them. He's not "planet theory" size, but he can certainly bulk up a bit without suffering.
    Quote Quote  

  3. -53
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    22,272
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emocomputerjock View Post
    Gholston you could make a case for - Long no way, I don't care what Groh says. Long has never played LB in any way according to any bio or history I can find. He's never been used in that way.



    Again, Long has never played OLB ever. If we want that type of player, get Gholston.
    Gotta disagree there, Long could absolutely play OLB or DE in a 3-4 and be great at both. Groh has repeatedly said he would be successful at both and compared him to Mike Vrabel. He could and will definitely play both spots.
    Quote Quote  

  4. -54
    emocomputerjock's Avatar
    With stolen wings and evil ways

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    2,574
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Motion View Post
    Gotta disagree there, Long could absolutely play OLB or DE in a 3-4 and be great at both. Groh has repeatedly said he would be successful at both and compared him to Mike Vrabel. He could and will definitely play both spots.
    That's an awfully big risk at a #1 overall spot to hope the guy can make the transition seamlessly and contribute right away like another pick would. We know Gholston can do it, and we know Dorsey is an incredible tackle, and Long is an incredible DE. Long is certainly athletic, and he has a great work ethic. Nonetheless, there's still going to be a heck of a learning curve to get everyone up to speed to NFL status regardless, and I'd rather spend the 35 mil on a player playing in a position he was familiar with. A later pick I'd have no problems with, but for the #1 I'm not happy with the idea.
    Quote Quote  

  5. -55
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Aug 2004
    Posts:
    22,272
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emocomputerjock View Post
    That's an awfully big risk at a #1 overall spot to hope the guy can make the transition seamlessly and contribute right away like another pick would. We know Gholston can do it, and we know Dorsey is an incredible tackle, and Long is an incredible DE. Long is certainly athletic, and he has a great work ethic. Nonetheless, there's still going to be a heck of a learning curve to get everyone up to speed to NFL status regardless, and I'd rather spend the 35 mil on a player playing in a position he was familiar with. A later pick I'd have no problems with, but for the #1 I'm not happy with the idea.
    I think his versatility makes him even more likely to be the pick. I don't think there is any doubt that he could exceed at both positions. I'd be much more comfortable with him at OLB than I would Dorsey at NT. Regardless I think he is a great player and I think he is the pick.

    Gholston isn't even in the equation IMO.
    Quote Quote  

  6. -56
    emocomputerjock's Avatar
    With stolen wings and evil ways

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Mar 2006
    Posts:
    2,574
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Motion View Post
    I think his versatility makes him even more likely to be the pick. I don't think there is any doubt that he could exceed at both positions. I'd be much more comfortable with him at OLB than I would Dorsey at NT. Regardless I think he is a great player and I think he is the pick.

    Gholston isn't even in the equation IMO.
    I mention Gholston as another example of the the guy we're apparently looking at Long to become - the next JT. I'm still not sold on Long being able to make the transition quickly and painlessly.
    Quote Quote  

  7. -57
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    3,055
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    bulking Dorsey up to fit a 3-4 scheme is one of the most inane things I have heard

    would you bulk up Terrell Owens and put him at TE?

    re-god-$%#-diculous
    Quote Quote  

  8. -58
    NorFlaFin's Avatar
    PowerHungryMo'fo

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Sep 2004
    Posts:
    3,850
    vCash:
    2977
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Who drafts a OLB no. 1. overall?
    Quote Quote  

  9. -59
    Waterlogged

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    May 2007
    Posts:
    3,055
    vCash:
    1000
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NorFlaFin View Post
    Who drafts a OLB no. 1. overall?
    I would take a monster pass rushing OLB first
    Quote Quote  

  10. -60
    General Tso's Avatar
    Seasoned Veteran

    Status:
    Offline
    WPA:
    Join date:
    Jan 2005
    Posts:
    1,118
    vCash:
    1151
    Loc:
    Missouri
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emocomputerjock View Post
    Gholston you could make a case for - Long no way, I don't care what Groh says. Long has never played LB in any way according to any bio or history I can find. He's never been used in that way.

    Again, Long has never played OLB ever. If we want that type of player, get Gholston.
    Post of the day right there. Who cares what Al Groh thinks? Long's bio doesn't say he can play 3-4 OLB, so it's a fact. What the heck does Al Groh know about Chris Long or NFL 3-4 defenses anyways?
    Quote Quote  

Similar Threads

  1. Opinions on Miami drafting Ryan Tannehill with the #8 pick
    By Da GODfather in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 04-27-2012, 02:22 PM
  2. Merged: And with the 25th pick, the Miami Dolphins select...
    By JT99Dfense in forum NFL Draft Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 09:57 PM
  3. Merged X 5:BUCS trade pick with JAX!/Not Miami
    By DolfanAdam in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-26-2008, 08:28 PM
  4. MERGED: OK, who's the pick in round 2/Miami's 2nd round pick
    By cowtowndick in forum Miami Dolphins Forum
    Replies: 506
    Last Post: 04-23-2005, 09:17 PM
  5. Replies: 57
    Last Post: 05-23-2004, 11:26 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •