Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If we really want to stamp out religious extremism...

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

If we really want to stamp out religious extremism...

we should forget about Iraq and bomb this part of Kansas.

A radical Baptist church in Kansas known for picketing the funerals of soldiers who perished in Iraq said it intends to protest Heath Ledger's memorial service with signs claiming the actor died and is in Hell because he played a gay character in “Brokeback Mountain.”
    “You cannot live in defiance of God,” she said. “He got on that big screen with a big, fat message: God is a liar and it’s OK to be gay.”

The organization runs various Web sites, including GodHatesAmerica.com and others that condemn lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people, Muslims, Roman Catholics and Jews as well as certain nationalities, according to Wikipedia.

The Southern Poverty Law Center classifies the church as a hate group and the organization is monitored by the Anti-Defamation League, according to its Wikipedia entry.
    Phelps-Roper said the church group will also be picketing the Academy Awards this year.
    Both the printed release and Phelps-Roper’s verbal diatribe about Ledger were rife with homophobic slurs. She said that those who call her and other members of Westboro Baptist Church bigots must also think God is a bigot.
    “God hates fags,” she said. “The wrath of God has been revealed before the eyes of this nation with the death of Heath Ledger. … This nation worships the dead almost as much as they worship their filthy sex acts. America is doomed.”
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324966,00.html
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Oh not these guys again. They get way too much press.

I don't approve of them at all, ............but...........

Wouldn't bombing them be just like Al-Queda?

Players come and go, but I will always be a Miami Dolphins Fan first and foremost.

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Trigger Man

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I myslef am not a man of faith. However, I respect everyone's religious views. But Ive always scratched my head at these types of extremists. How can human beings who claim to follow Jesus Christ (who was supposedly a man of peace and love) have so much hatred toward their fellow man.

Ive said it once I'll say it again, being religious gives some people an excuse to peddle hatred. Fallwell used it to hate gays, Hitler used it to hate the Jews, and the KKK...well, they use it to hate everyone.

THanks To TractorTraylor for the Sig!
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    United States
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WSE View Post
    we should forget about Iraq and bomb this part of Kansas.

[B]

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,324966,00.html
    Picketing funerals is just a tad bit different than strapping a bomb to your chest and walking into a crowd. Not that I agree with either one, just saying...
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Catharpin, Va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HaRdKoReXXX View Post
    I myslef am not a man of faith. However, I respect everyone's religious views. But Ive always scratched my head at these types of extremists. How can human beings who claim to follow Jesus Christ (who was supposedly a man of peace and love) have so much hatred toward their fellow man.

Ive said it once I'll say it again, being religious gives some people an excuse to peddle hatred. Fallwell used it to hate gays, Hitler used it to hate the Jews, and the KKK...well, they use it to hate everyone.
    These extremists are no different than the extremists supporting Bin Laden and other groups that wish ill-will on those that do not follow or believe in their ways...

Stop and think about that for a minute... We have the VERY SAME type of extremists in our backyard, that could very well end up doing the same type of shiat as the extremists overseas...

IS your back porch light on?

Props to In Flames for the SICK SIG!
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FINintheMOON View Post
    These extremists are no different than the extremists supporting Bin Laden and other groups that wish ill-will on those that do not follow or believe in their ways...

Stop and think about that for a minute... We have the VERY SAME type of extremists in our backyard, that could very well end up doing the same type of shiat as the extremists overseas...

IS your back porch light on?
    I almost pooped myself after reading this post. People have become so damn paranoid about attacks from other countries. They don't realize we have people capable of doing far worse than 9/11 right here on our soil.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Ft. Lauderdale/Orlando
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Apparently they are picketing the funeral of Eve Carson.

Its bad to wish death on anyone, but these a-holes are an exception. I would not be sad to see someone go ballistic on them and just take them all out. If someone did, I would not hesitate to picket their funerals.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Desert Dolphin

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tucson, Arizona
    Thanks / No Thanks
    These people may call themselves Christians, but "calling" and "living like" one can be two different things as in this case.

Christians are called to live their life in a christlike way, to produce "good" fruit.

Please do not confuse these people with Good Christian people who produce good fruit.

MT 7:15 "Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
    MT 7:16 "You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?
    MT 7:17 "So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit.
    MT 7:18 "A good tree cannot produce bad fruit, nor can a bad tree produce good fruit.
    MT 7:19 " Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.
    MT 7:20 "So then, you will know them by their fruits.
    MT 7:21 " Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
    MT 7:22 " Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’
    MT 7:23 "And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    MI
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah those people are jokes, not true christians. The "god" they believe in is literally a carbon copy of a dictator. Yet they believe their god is "loving". These people, like all religious nuts, are just crazy. Plain and simple.
    Go Dolphins!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    I am a golden god

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Apparently they are picketing the funeral of Eve Carson.

Its bad to wish death on anyone, but these a-holes are an exception. I would not be sad to see someone go ballistic on them and just take them all out. If someone did, I would not hesitate to picket their funerals.
    Then you make martyrs out of them.
    Once Dmac is drafted a Dmac Jersey will spontaneously materialize in the closet of each and every Dolfan...

...and not that replica crap either...
    Quote Quote