Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Here A Freemason?

1. -11
    Los Lonely Boys the Return....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DonShula84 View Post
    Your cool factor just increased quite a bit.
    If your being serious...thank you....My Uncle Guy was given a masonic ceremony at his funeral, it was very touching. I am very proud of my father and my Uncles...I want to be apart of something they held at a high level in their hearts,,,
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Gary Speed RIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethdaddy8 View Post
    I may be able to help, ask away
    Ok dude cheers

My question is if you join the freemasons can you ever seperate yourself from it? Obivously you can stop going to meetings and that but will you always have a part in it?

Also if you then have kids, how much involved do they become in it?
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Sporty Don

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Long Beach, Ca
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Enforcerfin33 View Post
    If your being serious...thank you....My Uncle Guy was given a masonic ceremony at his funeral, it was very touching. I am very proud of my father and my Uncles...I want to be apart of something they held at a high level in their hearts,,,

I was being serious, the Mason's are a pretty fascinating part of U.S. history.

Quote Quote  

4. -14
    wiley veteran bad spelur

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    indian river country
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HaRdKoReXXX View Post
    You know they say that every President in US History has been a freemason...that may explain quite a bit to some of you
    that's a false statement that is nowhere near being true.. as the statement is patently false, then nothing is explained about the Presidents.

You seem to be bent on little side of the mouth insults.. desist. We will not have pofo torn up by petty insults, we will simple remove those that refuse to abide.
    18-1 Choke of the Century

Click on VIP badge to Join
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Believe

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldfin View Post
    Ok dude cheers

My question is if you join the freemasons can you ever seperate yourself from it? Obivously you can stop going to meetings and that but will you always have a part in it?

Also if you then have kids, how much involved do they become in it?
    i'm not sure how masonic temples are run over sea's. i'm pretty certain, after joining and swearing oaths up and down, you could detach yourself from being a freemason. but i wouldn't recommend going in with that mindset, because its pretty hard work and a lot of time, and effort studying to make it in the first place. its something that you're supposed to do for life.

you're children would be involved as far as community activities...say a charter fishing trip or picnic. but they would not be privy to any sort of freemason knowledge or rituals until they became freemasons themselves. they certainly would not be welcome at meetings.

sorry it took a while to get back to you, i thought you'd PM me or something. I forgot about this thread for a spell.

and for the record, im not a Freemason, but have researched them quite a bit.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Gary Speed RIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethdaddy8 View Post

and for the record, im not a Freemason, but have researched them quite a bit.
    Even if you were you would'nt say

Have studied a small bit about the freemasons recently, as a couple of things have recently been brought to my intention and concern.

Because the organisation is so shrouded in mystery and secracy, I'm still left in the dark about how to approach it.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jerz
    Thanks / No Thanks
    The Freemasons seem like an interesting fraternity from what I was able to gather from the Wiki page. Yea yea, thats a horrible spot to reference. It seemed to me though, that they don't discriminate based on religion. Only that one believes in a "higher being", and would be willing to study and gather an in depth knowledge of that being.

I wish it had gone into further detail regarding the business and financial aspect of being a Freemason. It did say that they publish bank records and such, so I suppose it wouldn't be too hard to find out what they're involved in, at least on the outer most layers. The "secrets" must be interesting one's though, too have such strong opposition from the Catholic Church and the like. Although that could be tied into the "higher being" aspect, and not a explicit declaration of believing in "God" as it's perceived by the Catholic Church.

Interesting stuff.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Los Lonely Boys the Return....

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    North Carolina
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emeraldfin View Post
    Even if you were you would'nt say

Have studied a small bit about the freemasons recently, as a couple of things have recently been brought to my intention and concern.

Because the organisation is so shrouded in mystery and secracy, I'm still left in the dark about how to approach it.
    I'm not sure about in Ireland but here people display being Masons proudly. Rings, DL logos.......
    Quote Quote