Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canadian scientists worried about global cooling

1. -11
    Help save our Reefs ~ www.ReefCheck.org

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Tampa
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've done quite a bit of studying on this as well.

All I'll say is that it truly does amaze me that people really believe the added stresses we undeniably put on areas of this planet will have minimal to zero effect on it.

As a poster himself on here has stated for every study supporting Global Warming there's one that contrasts it. All you're basically saying is that the scientific community is split on a very important issue. That's certainly not enough to laugh any of this issue off as everyone loves to do.

It's a puzzle with a rather horrid ending attached to it if all those that are so eager to pass it off as bunk are wrong.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    pofo mofo

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coral Reefer View Post

All I'll say is that it truly does amaze me that people really believe the added stresses we undeniably put on areas of this planet will have minimal to zero effect on it.

As a poster himself on here has stated for every study supporting Global Warming there's one that contrasts it. All you're basically saying is that the scientific community is split on a very important issue. That's certainly not enough to laugh any of this issue off as everyone loves to do.

It's a puzzle with a rather horrid ending attached to it if all those that are so eager to pass it off as bunk are wrong.
    I think the point you are missing is that many people including myself are frustrated about is the way that man made global warming is handled by the mass media like it is gospel, there are not two sides to it. My niece, and nephew were shown Gore's movie, again with no explanation as to there being another "side", and this really bothers me.

I also would take it a little more seriously if the guy didn't live in a huge mansion, fly in private jets, and drive around in limo's.

http://www.businessweek.com/innovate...carbon_fo.html

I guess, I am more carbon footprint responsible than the hippocrate Al Gore, without even trying, I live in a tiny 1200 sq foot house, I haven't flown anywhere in three years, and my car gets 25mpg, where's my nobel??

Don't you think open discussion about all sides of this topic in schools, the media, and at least in this forum, will make for a more educated populace?
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Catharpin, Va
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Coral Reefer View Post

I made a statement that there are those out there that consider the scare tatics of global warming is BUNK... I never stated that myself... However, this world will continue to warm regardless of what we do as human beings...

Granted... We are responsible for the accelerated effect, and this is not by much in REAL WORLD VS UNIVERSE scenario. It may seem fast to us because we are living it!!! Earth science is limited as is solar science and other sciences. However, if you would go beyond the single topic and take under consideration of all the findings of as many of these sciences that you can, you will find that there are many other events, out of man's control, that are involved with our current situation on our planet...

Props to In Flames for the SICK SIG!
    Quote Quote