Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dreamcast nostalgia thread

1. -11
    Member of the 'Owned! Awards' Commitee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would love to see if Sega would give it another go at the console war. They will have their following that is for sure. Dreamcast was just so disappointing that it fell apart so soon. Hearing that Sega reregistered the Dreamcast trademark, I wonder if they have something under their sleeves in the future. Sega can't stay every console's whore much longer.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Going from my old PSX, to the Dreamcast graphics was a HUGE leap, which I've never seen since. Got it just for NFL2K, but classic games like Crazy Taxi, Shenmue, NBA2K, Virtua Tennis, Phantasy Star Online, Alien Front Online, Seaman and Worms World Party made it worth having even for the short lifespan it had.

Being able to surf the web with a console was very cool, if limited compared to what a PC could do, but it always impressed people when I showed it to them.

The VMU (memory card) was PERFECT for calling football plays, my friends and I had binders with various formations and plays. Good times.

By far, the Dreamcast impressed me with what it could do, for the time, and though I loved having a hard drive in my Xbox when I moved on to that in early 2002, the DC will always have a special place in my gaming heart.
    Caution: Opinions expressed may NOT be those of staff, management, or advertisers.
    Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Shenmue was a classic, one of my top 5 all time games.

I remember when it cam out it was supposed to be the first of like 10+ chapters of the game. They released the sequel on Xbox and then nothing since. I'd love to see a new version of it.

Jet Set Radio, RE: Code Veronica, NFL2K, Tokyo Extreme Racer, etc... ah the memories......
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Weezer = Awesome

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    East Tennessee
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ah yes the Sega Dreamcast it's still my favorite system to this day. I remember in middle school counting down the days to 9/9/99 and then bringing the system home and playing Sonic and Soul Caliber. The graphics were amazing for the time and I think I own like 20+ games for the system and I play Shenmue still. Overall I miss the system and I hope Sega does release a 2nd Dreamcast because the 1st Dreamcast was so innovative and I think the second one could be too. Here's too hoping.
    Quote Quote  

5. -15
    17-0 > 18-1

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Manhattan, KS
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Shenmue was probably the reason, I owned a Dreamcast. I also played a lot of the original Soul Caliber, I can remember being completely impressed by that game. I still pull it out occasionally and play some Crazy Taxi.
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Miami Dolfan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Idaho
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Never had one, I thought it was innovative sad that they shut it down so quick.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Member of the 'Owned! Awards' Commitee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa9--U4E5n0

I don't know any game that has the commentary like this one. The color commentary is top notch. The controls are awesome (Stiff arm is L/R like IT SHOULD BE, etc). Graphics were great back then and are still fairly respectable now.

Hell even the loading screen/music (my favorite part of the video) after the team select was great. Talk about a quality game for it's time. Too bad that doesn't exist anymore.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    The Resident Hitman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks

Still to this day, my favorite title from the entire series. The graphics at the time were astounding. I also got into Tony Hawk Pro Skater and Jet Set Radio. One of the great things I remember about playing sports games on the DC(other than the graphics) was the fact I could call my plays in Madden by using the LED screen on the memory card in the controller. You could easily make your highlighted play go invisible so it was much more of a fair & fun game when playing next to people.

First console with a modem too! Go 56k!

Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miramar, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    miami, fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolphin1184 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa9--U4E5n0

I don't know any game that has the commentary like this one. The color commentary is top notch. The controls are awesome (Stiff arm is L/R like IT SHOULD BE, etc). Graphics were great back then and are still fairly respectable now.

Hell even the loading screen/music (my favorite part of the video) after the team select was great. Talk about a quality game for it's time. Too bad that doesn't exist anymore.
    in that loading screen, they show dan marino and ask if records will be broken. (around 1:10 mark)

the fact that you could copy games for dreamcast i think ran the system out of business. me and my buddies would smoke and play marvel vs capcom 2 for hours.
    Quote Quote