Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Defensive Woes

1. -1
    Ronnie Brown... He's awesome

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The Buckeye State
    Thanks / No Thanks

Defensive Woes

Madison and Surtain getting destroyed. Need help... other teams are just DESTROYING me on the pass... and then when I commit to it, I get beat on the ground... any help!?

Thanks to K-Rob for the Awesome Sig!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vacaville, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Blitz.

Actually I'm not kidding (not totally anyway), I try to maintian pressure on the QB however I can while leaving my DB's in a 1 deep or 2 deep sets with the CB's in man2man.

This really plays to the strengths of the Defense allowing the Safeties to roam and play zone, allowing Sam, Pat, and Fletch to man-up short and allowing either Junior or Zach the opprotunities to disrupt whatever the O tries to do.

Personally I take controll of either JT or O-gun and try to pressure the QB into making mistakes. leaving the LB's and other D-Linemen to worry about the rush. (this helps when the computer tries to go play action on ya.)

One other thing to be carefull about, if you face guys like McNair or Vick, be certain to run alot of QB Spy plays. Theese guys will eat you alive if you don't leave a spy or concentrate on containment.
    My Nomination for dumbest statement of the year.
    Said regarding the 10 commandments statue.

"This isn't about religeon! This is about acknowleging the allmighty god!"
    ~Some moron on talk radio out here.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    No More Injuries, Please ;).

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I dunno Marino. Anytime I play my secondary just EATS people alive. I like to use 4-3 or if I think they're gonna pass I like to use the Dime - Flat..it just seems to work for me. You put our guys in Man Cover and you should be pretty safe for the most part. Last time I played (earlier today) I had 5 picks .

Life doesn't get any better than this fellas
    Quote Quote  

4. -4

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by Barbarian
    Blitz.

Actually I'm not kidding (not totally anyway), I try to maintian pressure on the QB however I can while leaving my DB's in a 1 deep or 2 deep sets with the CB's in man2man.

This really plays to the strengths of the Defense allowing the Safeties to roam and play zone, allowing Sam, Pat, and Fletch to man-up short and allowing either Junior or Zach the opprotunities to disrupt whatever the O tries to do.

Personally I take controll of either JT or O-gun and try to pressure the QB into making mistakes. leaving the LB's and other D-Linemen to worry about the rush. (this helps when the computer tries to go play action on ya.)

One other thing to be carefull about, if you face guys like McNair or Vick, be certain to run alot of QB Spy plays. Theese guys will eat you alive if you don't leave a spy or concentrate on containment.
    I use JT as well. If I am gonna control a blitzer it's usually Greenwood. He seems a little faster then Seau. Is there anyway to "push" guys down? It seems if I hit speed burst and the swim move or whatever at the same time it sometimes just runs the O-line over. Maybe it's a coicendence..
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Vacaville, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    well, it you hit the push/burst button as you collide and then try the rip/swim move you can get by guys most of the time.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I usually have to hit it 3 times before it actually reacts..;\

I almost just wanna use the "strip" button, because it's somewhat like a swim move .
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is a learning curve. I went through the same thing as you guys. I was like 30th worst defense Week 7. By end of season I went down to 15th Defense. Year 2, I should be in Top 10.

2007 Gold Cup Champions...

United States
    Quote Quote  

8. -8

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Unfortunately I don't own the game so I'm limited to playing time.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    There is a learning curve. My pass defense went from 32nd to 19th in about 8 weeks.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    "Another Battle, for the AFC East Title"

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    EverGlades, FLA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I noticed something that might be useful when you're playing D. When ya play a team that uses 4-3 defense(don't know yet if it works with 3-4 or cover2 yet) use your Quarter sets on 2nd or 3rd down. If ya toy around with them, you'll notice that you can defend the pass pretty well, even better than the nickel packages. On 2nd and 3rd down, I bring my safeties in close coverage and choose a play in the dime or Quarter packages. It seems to disrupt alotta plays. Sometimes I blitz on 1 & 2 down and 3rd I play Quarter.
    "Before the Bills, Jets, or Pats, can reach the playoffs, the road passes thru Miami!"
    Quote Quote