Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Fallen Dolphin Fan

1. -1
    Champion Of The Beards!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mooresville, NC
    Thanks / No Thanks

A Fallen Dolphin Fan

I have some bad news for those of you who care. My grandfather passed away on Friday morning at the age of 71 years old. He was a loyal Dolphin fan and the reason that I am today. He loved football as much of any of us. He always listen to the high school games on the radio every Friday night. We had not missed a Fin game in three years. He always told stories about this game or that game. I think his favorite story was when the Dolphins beat the Bears in 1985. He also told stories about the years in the 70's during the Super Bowl years. Although I was young we were together watching the game the day Marino went down with the achllies injury. We watched almost every game together.

I have never lost anyone close to me so I don't know what to do. It sucks so bad. I looked up to him more than anyone. He is the biggest reason I am who I am today. Everyone keeps saying "if you need anything" or "if there is anything I can do". What do I need? What can they do? Nothing! Stop asking! I know they are trying to be nice but sometimes I wish they would just leave me alone.

What makes it even worse is we have been counting down the days for the season to start but he is not here to see it this year. And even worse than that is the first time we were going to watch them together this year was the Falcon preseason game on Friday but he died that morning. My mom called me and told me he was not breathing well and I needed to come to the hospital because the ambulance was taking him there. She did'nt tell me it was that bad. He died at his house. I thought he and I would be watching the game in he hospital because he had been a little sick. My grandmother was taking him to see the dr. that morning but he did'nt make it!! We had been trying to get him to go all week but he is stubborn and never liked going to the dr. anyway.

Well sorry to bother you guys.

Popaw I love you!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    God bless his soul and my sympathies and prayers to you and you family.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'm very sorry for loss Wevie, I lost my grandfather recently as well.. It's a terrible thing losing a family member, I'll keep you in my prayers
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    A Miami Dolphins fan, not a players fan.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: A Fallen Dolphin Fan

Originally posted by WeVie
    I have some bad news for those of you who care. My grandfather passed away on Friday morning at the age of 71 years old. He was a loyal Dolphin fan and the reason that I am today. He loved football as much of any of us. He always listen to the high school games on the radio every Friday night. We had not missed a Fin game in three years. He always told stories about this game or that game. I think his favorite story was when the Dolphins beat the Bears in 1985. He also told stories about the years in the 70's during the Super Bowl years. Although I was young we were together watching the game the day Marino went down with the achllies injury. We watched almost every game together.

I have never lost anyone close to me so I don't know what to do. It sucks so bad. I looked up to him more than anyone. He is the biggest reason I am who I am today. Everyone keeps saying "if you need anything" or "if there is anything I can do". What do I need? What can they do? Nothing! Stop asking! I know they are trying to be nice but sometimes I wish they would just leave me alone.

What makes it even worse is we have been counting down the days for the season to start but he is not here to see it this year. And even worse than that is the first time we were going to watch them together this year was the Falcon preseason game on Friday but he died that morning. My mom called me and told me he was not breathing well and I needed to come to the hospital because the ambulance was taking him there. She did'nt tell me it was that bad. He died at his house. I thought he and I would be watching the game in he hospital because he had been a little sick. My grandmother was taking him to see the dr. that morning but he did'nt make it!! We had been trying to get him to go all week but he is stubborn and never liked going to the dr. anyway.

Well sorry to bother you guys.

Popaw I love you!
    Really sorry to read that WeVie. Best wished from me to you and your family.

Oliver...
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Section 118 Row 1 Seat 5

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    BUFFALO
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Sorry bro.

I lost my Grandmother just 2 weeks ago. She was a Bills fan and got me into football. I was very close with her also. So I know how you feel. It’s very tough.
    Go Bills.

Miami Dolphins football, Forever mediocre.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Section 451 Row 10 Seats 14-15

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami - Kendall
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Very sorry for your loss Wevie. I will say a special prayer for him and your family.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Panhandler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It's hard to know the right things to say to one's who are grieving. Wevie, Circle and Billsfan, May GOD shine his light on you and your families and know that your loved ones are in his loving care.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Penny Wise and Dollar Dumb

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Planet Telex
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I've learn't that you just gotta suck it up man, move on. He's alive in all those seconds before he died. And don't give people **** when they are just expressing their concern for you...
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Lurking ready to Strike

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Very sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully this board can offer you some support.
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Out with LaMaga, in with Talita!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Pasadena, CA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    it's tough. people just want you to know they care, but most can't understand what's happening unless they've been through it. i'm sorry for your loss.
    Quote Quote