Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: NASCAR 09 - EA announces Jeff Gordon as cover athlete...

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Windsor, Ontario, Canada
    Thanks / No Thanks

NASCAR 09 - EA announces Jeff Gordon as cover athlete...

Start your engines! Electronic Arts Inc., today announced Jeff Gordon, legendary NASCAR® driver of car #24, will be featured as the cover athlete for EA SPORTS™ NASCAR 09. NASCAR 09 is scheduled to ship in North America on June 10 and will offer an authentic, exhilarating stock car driving experience for racing fans of all ages.

Gordon’s prestigious reputation aligns with the new NASCAR 09 career mode, “Sprint for the Cup.” Gordon will bring the game to you as a guide and a mentor to help you build your reputation to become the next NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion. With a completely rebuilt handling model, the game will be more accessible to newcomers while continuing to offer options that will challenge even the most experienced virtual driver.

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/15930/...ete-Announced/

I enjoyed last years game, hopefully the graphics are improved a bit, i like the sounds of the handling being improved. i really really hope they bring back multiplayer though. I loved being able to have some nice short track racin at bristol or martinsville with some friends though. I really missed that in last years game.

there's a few screenshots included in the link too, looks pretty similar to last year... shocking, i know. hah

1972 MIAMI DOLPHINS... still the ONLY undefeated team in NFL history!!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    I am Unicron,.Megatron is my slave

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fort Lauderdale, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Nascar 08 was probably one of my least favorite racing games in recent history. EA needs to just curl up and die.

2009 Fanhell.com Fantasy Football Champion
    My Adopt-a-Fin is "Big Hit" Tony Bua
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Member of the 'Owned! Awards' Commitee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mor911 View Post
    Nascar 08 was probably one of my least favorite racing games in recent history. EA needs to just curl up and die.
    Agreed.

Game is a perfect example of EA Sports' generic, bland garbage. The presentation is boring, and the graphics are mediocre at best. The loading time is HORRIFIC! When Sierra/Papyrus had the Nascar series it was a lot more fun.

The game requires you to get a career in auto engineering in order to take advantage of it fully. You have to know everything there is to know about nascar cars... air pressure, suspension, gear ratio, etc. If your passion is NASCAR, then maybe this game is for you. The single player/road to the sprint cup is complicated (though probably realistic) with many sponsors, leagues, etc. I don't have time to put 24/7 to learn this game.

For me, I traded this turd in for GT5: Prologue. What a difference! The graphics in GT5 are absolutely outstanding. There is music when you are racing. The single player events are alot of fun. Both games have Daytona as one of its tracks. The quality of graphics are night and day when comparing these two games!!!
    Quote Quote