Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Omar Kelly...does he know?

1. -1
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    N.P.R. Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks

Omar Kelly...does he know?

Also check out Dave Hyde's column on the trifecta's approach to rebuilding this team (CLICK HERE). They are clearly starting at the base, which is special teams and depth, and building through the draft. Things change daily, but right now if I'm putting money on who will be pick No. 1 I'm going 1. Jake Long, 2. Vernon Gholston, and 3. Chris Long based on what we're hearing.
    If the Dolphins address the holes on offensive line within the next month I think Long moves down the list. I just don't see them taking a gamble that someone they like and want will be available with the first pick in the second round, so Jake Long is the safety net.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...g-with-th.html
    We will Remember!!

But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty once lost is lost forever.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    "In the tuna we trust."

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I disagree ... i think Chris Long will be the pick.
    "Winners never quit, and quitters never win."
    ~ Vince Lombardi ~

"Joe Montana was the product of a system,
    Dan Marino was a system."
    ~ Bill Walsh ~

Quote Quote  

3. -3
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    N.P.R. Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by FinFanatic80 View Post
    I disagree ... i think Chris Long will be the pick.
    So you don't believe they hear stuff?
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I get the feeling that if they are supposedly hearing who we'll be taking number one overall, then they should definitely be hearing whether or not "the Dolphins address the holes on offensive line within the next month."

That is like saying, "well if we cut all of our quarterbacks and don't pick any back up, it's most likely going to be Matt Ryan."

If they know so much about the very secretive number one, then I don't understand how "well, I think this might happen, soooo" can change anything. If they know something, they know sometime...if they're guessing, they're just guessing. I'm thinking it might be the latter.

Who knows though....I'm still hoping for Chris Long though. But, J Long and Gholston are the other two I'd be happy with.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    N.P.R. Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ajscar15 View Post
    I get the feeling that if they are supposedly hearing who we'll be taking number one overall, then they should definitely be hearing whether or not "the Dolphins address the holes on offensive line within the next month."

That is like saying, "well if we cut all of our quarterbacks and don't pick any back up, it's most likely going to be Matt Ryan."

If they know so much about the very secretive number one, then I don't understand how "well, I think this might happen, soooo" can change anything. If they know something, they know sometime...if they're guessing, they're just guessing. I'm thinking it might be the latter.

Who knows though....I'm still hoping for Chris Long though. But, J Long and Gholston are the other two I'd be happy with.
    He states that this is what he's hearing today...things change. If the Dolphins don't address the O-line before the draft...then it appears J. Long will be the pick.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishypete View Post
    Also check out Dave Hyde's column on the trifecta's approach to rebuilding this team (CLICK HERE). They are clearly starting at the base, which is special teams and depth, and building through the draft. Things change daily, but right now if I'm putting money on who will be pick No. 1 I'm going 1. Jake Long, 2. Vernon Gholston, and 3. Chris Long based on what we're hearing.
    If the Dolphins address the holes on offensive line within the next month I think Long moves down the list. I just don't see them taking a gamble that someone they like and want will be available with the first pick in the second round, so Jake Long is the safety net.

http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...g-with-th.html
    Jake Long, Chris Long, McFadden, Dorsey, Gholston,Matt Ryan and Ellis
    in that order. Gholston may break into the top 5 but not the top 3.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fishypete View Post
    He states that this is what he's hearing today...things change. If the Dolphins don't address the O-line before the draft...then it appears J. Long will be the pick.
    All I'm saying is that we have known for weeks and weeks that we don't have many Offensive Linemen...what changed in the past couple days? He could have said this 3 weeks ago, and it would be no different than today.

We aren't going to find an All-Pro LT or RT in free agency in the upcoming weeks, so to me, it all depends on whether or not the FO feels that there are valuable tackles available with our next picks or not. Whether we go after 50 linemen or 3, this is what will determine whether or not we take J. Long, I think.

And, I really don't think anyone knows anything. We've heard "credible" people from every station and newspaper saying they know it's Ryan, Kiper says he's heard Chris Long, people on here say they've heard Gholston, some say Jake Long, other insiders say they haven't heard Jake long mentioned once, some say we'll offer Ryan and the Longs all contracts and whoever jumps first is the pick, Mort says we like Beck while others say we need Ryan, some even still think Dorsey. The point being that i don't think they'd give Omar Kelly special information that noone else has.

He also says that all these new signings point to us decreasing Ginn's use as a return man....when everyone else sees it as them hoping to get players who can block so Ginn can show off his talents. Who knows...
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Does Omar know what? From what I hear, Omar knows diddley.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    N.P.R. Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
    Does Omar know what? From what I hear, Omar knows diddley.
    I remember Diddley....
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    London
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Omar gets most of his stuff from the VIP.
    You're being watched. You know who you are.

Quote Quote