Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Mike Mayock Mock Draft - Our 2a Draft Pick

1. -1
    Offensive Future

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Gainesville
    Thanks / No Thanks

Great Mike Mayock Mock Draft - Our 2a Draft Pick

Heres the link to Mike Mayock's 1st round Mock Draft:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80798422

I think he did a great job predicting the first round (it's amazing how talented an analyst he can be when he has his head out of Matt Ryan's butt), and had those few surprising picks that also made sense that we see every year. Among them are Brandon Albert to the Patriots, Jerod Mayo to the Lions, and Jonathon Stewart to the Panthers. If his predictions are accurate, which I believe them to be, than it appears that the top 7 offensive tackles will be drafted in the first round:

Jake Long - Rams
    Brandon Albert - Patriots
    Ryan Clady - Broncos
    Jeff Otah - Bears
    Chris Williams - Texans
    Gosder Cherilus - Steelers
    Sam Baker - Packers

This becomes somewhat of a dilemma, because were in dire need of some offensive tackle help which ideally we should use with the first pick in the second round (Chris Long was taken with the first overall pick). However I just don't think the value is there with guys like Carl Nicks and Anthony Collins.

So the Question is: Do we reach somewhat and draft whoever is left a tackle, or draft another position and get some pretty good value? Notable guys he has dropping out of the first is Malcolm Kelly, Limas Sweed, Quentin Groves, Antoine Cason, and Kenny Phillips?

I personally would take Malcolm Kelly - he simply presents to much value at this stage of the draft, and address the offensive line with the next picks with guys like Chilo Rachal, Tony Hills, Oniel Cousins, or Roy Scheuning.

What do you guys prefer?

Click here to find out why Ronnie Brown will have a Pro Bowl Caliber 2007 campaign.

http://finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=198027

Click here to find out how Ted Ginn is going to make the 2007 Miami Dolphins Playoff contenders.

http://finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=198244
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I say if we take Chris Long at #1, and all the OL names listed above are taken by the time we pick again in the 2nd, we go for BPA (we have a lot of needs, so drafted based on need wouldn't be too smart) and see if someone like Duane Brown out of Virginia Tech is available in the 3rd. I've heard some good things about him, and he is a very good OT prospect, just a little raw. Give him time with Sparano and Maser and I think he'll blossom into a very good OT for us for a while.

That being said, I'd prefer to draft Jake Long, as long as our coaching staff and scouts think he can handle the LT position, because we'd be paying him way too much to play RT. I don't care about what all the other scouts are saying, it's what our own coaches and scouts think about him that matters to me.
    Beck fakes to Brown and throws deep to Ginn!
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Scout Team

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I'd rather have Jake Long and Quentin Groves than Chris Long and Anthony Collins personally.

Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eckonice View Post
    I personally would take Malcolm Kelly - he simply presents to much value at this stage of the draft, and address the offensive line with the next picks with guys like Chilo Rachal, Tony Hills, Oniel Cousins, or Roy Scheuning.

What do you guys prefer?
    I thinkyou have to go withCason at that point. It is a need and he is going to be a great player IMO.

as for the OL you mentioned, I think all those guys are going to be on the board when we pick 2b and or 3.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I until now thought we needed to go with C. Long but I think I'm leaning more towards Jake Long at #1.
    1. Jake Long
    2. Antoine Cason
    2b. Kid from Purdue... Avril or something like that. I think you can get a guy that can get to the QB later in the 2nd rd. Cason at 32 would be a steal IMO.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    PA/VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well, if we go by Mayocks mock draft with Chris Long at number one I would prefer Malcolm Kelly at 32. Lot of bust potential with him, but at this point he looks like the most talented WR in the draft...and we certainly need help there. Cason would be a good pick as well.

I would prefer the combination of Jake Long and Quentin Groves though.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eckonice View Post
    Heres the link to Mike Mayock's 1st round Mock Draft:

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80798422

I think he did a great job predicting the first round (it's amazing how talented an analyst he can be when he has his head out of Matt Ryan's butt), and had those few surprising picks that also made sense that we see every year. Among them are Brandon Albert to the Patriots, Jerod Mayo to the Lions, and Jonathon Stewart to the Panthers. If his predictions are accurate, which I believe them to be, than it appears that the top 7 offensive tackles will be drafted in the first round:

Jake Long - Rams
    Brandon Albert - Patriots
    Ryan Clady - Broncos
    Jeff Otah - Bears
    Chris Williams - Texans
    Gosder Cherilus - Steelers
    Sam Baker - Packers

This becomes somewhat of a dilemma, because were in dire need of some offensive tackle help which ideally we should use with the first pick in the second round (Chris Long was taken with the first overall pick). However I just don't think the value is there with guys like Carl Nicks and Anthony Collins.

So the Question is: Do we reach somewhat and draft whoever is left a tackle, or draft another position and get some pretty good value? Notable guys he has dropping out of the first is Malcolm Kelly, Limas Sweed, Quentin Groves, Antoine Cason, and Kenny Phillips?

What do you guys prefer?
    This should all but ENSURE THAT JAKE LONG WILL BE THE #1 PICK IN THE DRAFT, among "many" more evidences that MIA has shown.

Fans with a little bit of logic should begin to get attached to JAKE LONG already since it all but is a "lock" that he will be a Dolphin a few minutes in on Saturday's draft on the 28th.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Waterlogged

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miamifin23 View Post
    I until now thought we needed to go with C. Long but I think I'm leaning more towards Jake Long at #1.
    1. Jake Long
    2. Antoine Cason
    2b. Kid from Purdue... Avril or something like that. I think you can get a guy that can get to the QB later in the 2nd rd. Cason at 32 would be a steal IMO.
    Yes, LBs are the easiest things in the world to find. Heck we got Zach in the 5th round and JT was drafted in the 3rd round, for crying out loud. I just don't get where some people have their heads stuck up at? Chris Long? When we have "2" Pro Bowl players at that position "AND" according to BP, a "keeper" in Quentin Moses????!!! An OLB is the easiest position to find in the "later" rounds... heck, Quentin Groves(although we dont need to draft him with "2" pro bowlers and a "keeper" in Moses) is going to be there in the 2nd round!

Jake Long will be MIA's pick. According to MIA beat writer, Armando, he said that Sparano told him that MIA has already made up its mind who they are picking at #1.

He goes on to say that "MIA's front seven is already SET"! And emphasized that "MIA has 'NO', 'ZERO', 'ZILTCH', at R/LT". Can u get any more plainer than that???? Hello, JAKE LONG!
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Coral Springs, Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MrEd View Post
    This should all but ENSURE THAT JAKE LONG WILL BE THE #1 PICK IN THE DRAFT, among "many" more evidences that MIA has shown.

Fans with a little bit of logic should begin to get attached to JAKE LONG already since it all but is a "lock" that he will be a Dolphin a few minutes in on Saturday's draft on the 28th.

Mike Mayock's mock draft in which he has us taking Chris Long.... is proof that we're taking Jake Long?
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibachi View Post
    I'd rather have Jake Long and Quentin Groves than Chris Long and Anthony Collins personally.
    i second that
    Quote Quote