Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: What do you guys think of our draft now?

1. -1
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Kissimmee,FL
    Thanks / No Thanks

What do you guys think of our draft now?

A lot of people were upset at Wanny for some of the players we took in the draft and for some of the one's we passed on. I have to admit that I didn't like the Moore pick at first but then it started making sense to me. Is too bad he got hurt. But I was ok with all the other picks,specially Smith and Tolver at the time we took them. Looking at how things are turning out, I'd say that Wanny-Spill deserve some credit. I think we'll score with Smith, Lee, Tolver and Jenkins this year as I think they'll all help us win games this season. I think Moore will help in the long run and Whitley could turn out ok in a year or 2. Considering we didn't have a 1st round pick or a 4th, I think we did good. What do you guys think?

Ozzy rules!!
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Reach for the Stars

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maryland
    Thanks / No Thanks
    We could have left off Whitley, it's funny looking at our backups, we have the Texas A&M interior OL, we've added Wade Smith to the mix and need another RT if Todd Wade decides to leave. Who's the Texas A&M RT? Will he be next on our draft list? LOL Can Jerman be added to our PS? I can't remember his status for this sort of thing.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jenkins looks like a stud to me. That guy is a football player.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Montréal, QC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jenkins looks like a steal right now but he'll need the year the learn the position.
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Jenkins and Moore will give us our first true depth at LB in years with one of those guys possibly starting over Greenwood. Smith will probably be starting next year and you have to be extrmely happy when you get your LT in the third round. Tolver and Lee are both solid bckups and will challenge for starting time in the next few years. Whitley is the biggest question mark but obviously has some upside or the coaches wouldn't have kept him. I think that they try keep Yeremiah Bell around either on the practice squad or resigning him as a free agent next year. Provost could be put on the practice squad. He could be a player but he definitely has to bulk up. Williams didn't get a chance to show much before he was injured and put on IR. We'll see how that goes. Overall, Whitley was the only disappointment and Smith, Jenkins and Tolver were much better than advertised. I'm very happy with our draft considering that we had no number 1...and we also got a player in Yates and Grigsby...both free agents...how can you not be happy!
    Bruce
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Montréal, QC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah I'm very impressed by Yates and happy they hept him. I rather have I guy that played the position that a converted project like we had the last couple of years.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Richmond, VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    If Jerman was active for 6 games total he can't be put on the practice squad. At least I think that's what Jason cole wrote in one of his forums. I don't think he was active that many.
    "Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence in society."-Mark Twain
    Quote Quote