Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GTA IV Downloadable Content may include entire cities

1. -11
    Go Gators Come On Gators Get Up And Go!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Binghamton, NY
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenSnips View Post
    well sony knows the console battle is a marathon not a sprint.
    Some of those games won't come out til 09 so Sony has it covered.
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maine
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It will NOT be cities, I mean come on. It was said to be 10 extra hours of missions. I could care less about the DLC anyway so no big deal at all. Microsoft is just so desperate it's funny. It will be funny also with all the dead 360's in 2 weeks after the release of GTA IV.

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    South Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miami 13 View Post
    It will NOT be cities, I mean come on. It was said to be 10 extra hours of missions. I could care less about the DLC anyway so no big deal at all. Microsoft is just so desperate it's funny. It will be funny also with all the dead 360's in 2 weeks after the release of GTA IV.
    whether you want it or not.....it's always better to have the option to get it.
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Hockey Enthusiast

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hamilton, New Zealand
    Thanks / No Thanks
    You guys talk about the DLC as if its only on 360. The exclusivity is only a timed one. I believe its timed at 6 months. Also not all the DLC is covered in the agreement, only bonus missions are covered. Anything else can be released on both systems at the same time (IE: maps, cars, guns, safehouses, multiplayer modes...) I dont have a link as I read it back when the release was still 10/06/07

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    Ready for Henne.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahAnn View Post
    You guys talk about the DLC as if its only on 360. The exclusivity is only a timed one. I believe its timed at 6 months. Also not all the DLC is covered in the agreement, only bonus missions are covered. Anything else can be released on both systems at the same time (IE: maps, cars, guns, safehouses, multiplayer modes...) I dont have a link as I read it back when the release was still 10/06/07
    Well 6 months is an eternity to a game like this. This game will no longer be talked about by then. I mean thats after MGS4, Ninja Gaiden 2, etc etc.

Also, i dont buy that PS3 will have DLC. M$ spent a hell of a lot of money for DLC, i can't imagine they only got missions. I could be wrong of course but there's probably a reason M$ is pumping GTAs DLC more then they are GTA itself.

"Having moneys not everything, not having it is"
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    The Resident Hitman

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Daytona Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Also, i dont buy that PS3 will have DLC. M$ spent a hell of a lot of money for DLC, i can't imagine they only got missions. I could be wrong of course but there's probably a reason M$ is pumping GTAs DLC more then they are GTA itself.
    MS only made the deal for the 2 DLC Episodes.(both supposed to be released in 08)

That doesn't mean anything for future plans.

Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Maine
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Well 6 months is an eternity to a game like this. This game will no longer be talked about by then. I mean thats after MGS4, Ninja Gaiden 2, etc etc.

Are you crazy? This game will be talked about for years and years, people still play and talk about San Andreas. I mean San Andreas is still #8th on GAMEFAQS Top 10 FAQ Boards for all console and PC games.
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    FinHeaven VIP

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Pasadena, MD
    Thanks / No Thanks

You must be mistaken if you think 360 has exclusive rights to ALL downloadable content for GTA4. That's just not the case.

They're just pushing what they do have just like any other business.
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Ready for Henne.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Ok, after some research, Microsoft owns the rights to two exclusive episodes for GTA. The real question is of course, how big are these episodes supposed to be. Again, like i said before, M$ spent $50 million for these episodes, so I imagine the content is going to be pretty impressive. No matter how you spin it, the 360 version will be better because of this. Which was the point originally.

As for GTA San Andreas being top 10 on gamefaqs, it's been re-released on the PS2 (They released the trilogy together last year i think), re-released on the PC, and re-released on the Xbox. That game got around. ALSO, that same list has includes Pokemon Diamond at #3.
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The BX
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Here's an update:

'Grand Theft Auto' yields road to the 'Lost and Damned'

"The upcoming episode of the video game Grand Theft Auto IV looks to be a wild one."

"This new episode, available Feb. 17 via download exclusively for those who own the Xbox 360 version (no price yet), stars Johnny Klebitz, a member of Liberty City biker gang The Lost."

"...the story will show you a different side of Liberty City,"
    says Dan Houser, vice president of creative development for Rockstar Games.

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/gaming/...a-damned_N.htm
    Quote Quote