Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

View Poll Results: Shuold the amount of images in the signature be limited to ONE image?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes... most definitely

43 78.18%
  • No way...

7 12.73%
  • I don't care...

5 9.09%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One image per signature... yes... no?

1. -11
    Lurking ready to Strike

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Atlantic City, NJ
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yes Yes Yes
    Quote Quote  

2. -12
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Fostoria, Ohio
    Thanks / No Thanks
    how about trying to keep them down to smaller sizes. I am going to cut mine down a lot. I would like to add another on but like i said they will be smaller. But will go with whatever the ruling is
    Ira

Quote Quote  

3. -13
    Cogito, Ergo FinFanum

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    With the Cheerleaders in the Premie Forum
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Rather than impose a fixed rule, could we try to increase awareness of the problem large pics, etc create for our dial-up using bretheren and couple that with the mods putting together just one statement of the problem that they could post or PM to those with processing-intensive siggys? The mods wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel for each instance, and the guy with three small pics wouldn't be penalized by virtue of a number that may not reflect the impact of his siggy pics. I trust the mods around here to make these kinds of calls and handle them deftly and diplomatically.

I think we've been pretty good about police-ing ourselves when we've been made aware of the problems we inadvertently create. Well, except for me.
    Derogatory personal comments directed at other members are not allowed under the FinHeaven house rules. More members are suspended or outright banned for this than for any other violation. Please be cool so everyone can enjoy this site. When you see a violation, click the Alert triangle found at the lower left of each post. Thanks.:cool:
    Quote Quote  

4. -14
    Premium Member

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Grand Cayman and Minneapolis, MN
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I think one pics on sigs, if you want to post more then add them to the Photo Area ( that cough cough I sponsored) and then add a link to the page in your signature. It doesn't matter to me the size in regards to speed, but it gets a little cluttered and it must suck for people on V.92/0 modems getting 44k of download.
    Support my Cause, 'Sleeping out to help Homeless Youth' by visiting www.firstgiving.com/paultyler and donating anything you can. I finished my three nights out in the snow! A couple pics, crappy blog and videos are on caymangolfer.spaces.live.com, check them out. It was a blast and makes me thankful I have a warm bed to live in everynight.

Quote Quote  

5. -15
    No More Injuries, Please ;).

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Make it a 4 scroll rule. It shouldn't take more then 4 scrolls to get past your sig . On the other hand people also have quotes. . .

There are some long ones on here too . I really don't care. For dial-up it might be a problem though.

Also, isn't there an option to not show sig pics? I'd reccomend doing that on dial up.

Life doesn't get any better than this fellas
    Quote Quote  

6. -16
    Now completely imaginary

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Elsewhere
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by XoPhinsoX
    Also, isn't there an option to not show sig pics? I'd reccomend doing that on dial up.
    There is. At the top of any page, go to User CP------>Edit Options. Under View Thread Options you'll see Show user's signatures in their posts? Just select No and you're good to go.

Hehe, yeah....that rhymed.
    Quote Quote  

7. -17
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Originally posted by VanDolPhan
    The number of pictures etc doesn't matter. What matters is the page full of scrolling on large signatures that are usually sported by those that post generally one liners
    Exactly!

I use DSL so the speed isn't the problem, but it gets anoying when someone leaves a one line reply then you have to scroll down forever to get to the next one...
    Quote Quote  

8. -18
    Maria & LauRen Aha!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    CT
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: One image per signature... yes... no?

yes, please and if you can limit the height too that w/b great
    Quote Quote  

9. -19
    Brady Slayer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Washington DC
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I would say to limit to one image each...
    Quote Quote  

10. -20
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Rehoboth Beach
    Thanks / No Thanks

Re: One image per signature... yes... no?

Originally posted by FinHeavenAJ
    Hello everyone,

After much thought, I think the signatures around here are becoming a little too much. Some signatures are humongous, some are very large in file size, while some sigs have up to 4 images there.

So, I have several options. My favorite one is to limit the signature down to one image, which can be updated at any time.

The reasoning is simple. But, here are some of my main focuses:

[list=1][*]Will speed up viewing new threads, especially for the 56kers out there[*]Will allow the people that visit the boards strictly from work or school to view them a little bit more, since there would be less LARGER pictures.[*]Would keep the boards in a nicer format[*]Would chew up less bandwidth on the server[/list=1]

So, while I believe that the signatures should be limited anyways, I'm interested in hearing what everyone else has to say. Please keep in mine, that while you may be on a speedy DSL or Cable line, there are others out there that don't have that.

Sincerely,
    Andrew Tatum
    Good poll, AJ! #1 is the main concern for me. Been "supposed" to have broadband for over a year now but i'm still twiddleling my thumbs just waiting for text only stuff to load sometimes!! :cry: :cry: :goof:
    DD..................the #1 Delaware Dolfan !!!

Doing things you don't have to do today will help to determine where you'll be tomorrow when you can't do anything about it!
    Quote Quote