Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: My Defense Shuts Down

1. -1
    "Another Battle, for the AFC East Title"

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    EverGlades, FLA
    Thanks / No Thanks

My Defense Shuts Down

I was recently cut off from internet access until today so in between working I have been fine tuning my 4-3 defense for the Fins on Mad. I am in Yr.2 and 9-1 so far. Got rid of Greenwood, Griese, and Sevearns. To replace Morlon, I created a guy named Wasp and he's alot better than him, without the repercutions of going over the salary cap too much. Picked up some rookies on D and they have great teachers in Taylor, Zack, and Seau. The only team I had trouble with was the Steelers so far. Man my D just shuts down teams when they try to run on me. So then they try to throw the ball(exactly what I want) on me and i pick them off. I don't use the quarter d any more, jus' 4-3 and dime sets. Oh and Btw, O. Lowe is a great punt returner who has run back five for TDs for me and it's still early in the year.
    "Before the Bills, Jets, or Pats, can reach the playoffs, the road passes thru Miami!"
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hamilton, Ontario
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I guess I love spring cleaning. I always consider the first year my overhaul year. I get rid of Marion, Seau, Ruddy (bastard always wants big pay raises for a marginal 82 guy), Greenwood, Griese and Gadsden. I trade em for draft picks and young guys with upside who can fill in for a couple years. If I can't get any young guys and get a high enough draft pick then I take the draft pick and sign a vet for a year.

I usually have 3 1st rounders and 3 2nd rounders to rebuild my offensive line which means I can trade Dixon, Nails and get more picks the following year

I also trade Zach after a couple years because he will hold out after 2 years if you get him up to 97. It isn't good to extend him because you already are on tap to the tune of $10.5 mill in signing bonus.
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    "Another Battle, for the AFC East Title"

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    EverGlades, FLA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Van, who do you use then for a MLB? I got some guy I use on certain packages, named ? Wilkins. He's a rookie but he has good awareness and he's fast. He only costed me 650,000$$ for 2yrs. BTW, I followed your advice and got rid of Griese, Greenwood. In Greenwood's place I put a created player there and he makes more plays than I expected him to! For Griese's replacement, I put in some rookie QB but haven't got much use out of him yet. Oh, I'm surprised you booted Marion! Right now Marion leads my team in tackles and Surtain leads the team(with Madison right behind him) in INT. My Seau, with my new guy across from him, stop almost every play(run or pass) on the outsides. They are truly a force to be reckoned with.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    SUPERFAN

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Homestead, FL.
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Halo Legendary
Gift received at 06-10-2014, 02:54 AM from DisturbedShifty
Message: Here ya go man.  In the future things like this are in the vShopXbox Logo
Gift received at 04-30-2014, 02:53 PM from DisturbedShifty
    I also got rid of gresie right away traded Gadsen for a 6 rounder. I also found a glitch in the game where if you put one of your tope tier guys up on the trade block for a first rounder. What I do is look at the offers and look for the worst team on the list. than select the offer and exchange my first rounder for theres it always works. also when I get an offer for a 1st rd i switch the player to a 1st rnd pick and add a 3rd or 4th rd for trade and it always works. I am in my first year and I have 5 1st rd picks for next year 3 2nd rnds and 2 3rd rounders
    FINS OR DIE!!!!!!

Want-Goodell to be Impeached.
    Follow me on on Twitter www.twitter.com/FinFanChubby

In psychology, Stockholm Syndrome is an apparently paradoxical psychological phenomenon in which hostages express empathy and have positive feelings towards their captors, sometimes to the point of defending them. "[6]
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Hall Of Famer

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Hamilton, Ontario
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I extend Zach for a number of years with no signing bonus to lesson the cap hit (as his remaining years signing bonus gets spread further) and trade him to Carolina for Dan Morgan and a 3rd rounder.

Gadsden for a 6th? Boy your getting ripped off. As soon as you can get a trade window open (before preseason) I trade him for a 2nd and a 4th. Usually San Fran or the Rams will take him for that price.

Seau will get you a 1st rounder, 4th rounder and a young 72ish rookie/2nd year lb.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    Screw You Guys..Im Goin Home!!!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    I have to have the real Fin players on my team, If I don't I get bored rather quickly.

2007 Gold Cup Champions...

United States
    Quote Quote