Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Writers are looking pretty stupid right now!

1. -1
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks

Writers are looking pretty stupid right now!

So much for the so-called "Freudian slip". All these "expert" beat writers were so convinced that Ireland screwed up and let a secret slide that they saw things that didn't even happen. One herald writer, don't remember who, wrote he saw Irelad's face turn red when he had his slip up. I watched that video several times. It was someone behind Ireland who pointed it out. It had to be a Dolphin employee, so those idiot writes would pick up on it. Ireland played those guys like a musical instament. Now none of them has the guts to admit it. Instead we get articles about how there was a better player available. I'm real tired of these morons who alway think they know more than those who are on the inside and have proven track records.
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    ihaveprettyfeet

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Calgary Alberta
    Thanks / No Thanks
    True
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    The Tuna era has begun.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    The good ol' state of New Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It was so obvious that whole thing was staged.
    ALL HAIL TO THE FINS.

Where a buck's enough to see their stuff, at the nudie bar.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Chest Rockwell is my hero

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Dirty Jersey
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Definately very true...

I never take much credence with what these beat writers have to say. We are far more knowledgeable about this sport than they are and they have proven this time year after year
    I believe any man's finest hour - his greatest fulfillment to all he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle...Victorious

Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Oviedo Florida
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They would rather put a spin on an untrue story (Phins wanted someone else) then admit they got played.

He will one day replace Jason Taylor. On the field, not on dancing with the stars.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6
    With stolen wings and evil ways

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    It could very well have been a slip-up. I see no proof that it was intentional.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    FinHeaven Elite

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami, FL
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Can't be a slip up if we signed our first overall pick. Ireland ****ed with the media; all I got left for them is LOL.
    Quote Quote  

8. -8
    Perennial All-Pro

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Northern VA
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hemidemon View Post
    So much for the so-called "Freudian slip". All these "expert" beat writers were so convinced that Ireland screwed up and let a secret slide that they saw things that didn't even happen. One herald writer, don't remember who, wrote he saw Irelad's face turn red when he had his slip up. I watched that video several times. It was someone behind Ireland who pointed it out. It had to be a Dolphin employee, so those idiot writes would pick up on it. Ireland played those guys like a musical instament. Now none of them has the guts to admit it. Instead we get articles about how there was a better player available. I'm real tired of these morons who alway think they know more than those who are on the inside and have proven track records.
    I doubt the comment was made on purpose. Ireland would be a very good actor to pull that off. I think it was a slip of the tongue that really didn't have any significance.
    Angry Deniers. A bunch of agenda-driven whiny clowns whose sole mission is to deny anything good that Tannehill has done and deny anything bad that the "gods of quarterbacks" have done.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    Pro Bowler

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertical Limit View Post
    Can't be a slip up if we signed our first overall pick. Ireland ****ed with the media; all I got left for them is LOL.
    Didn't he correct himself and say he meant offense or defense??? I still think it's possible he just slipped up and said something he didn't mean to say. Not meaning he slipped because we were going to pick a defensive player and didn't want anybody to know. Has anyone ever said something bumeant to say something else, or said something and missed a part of what they meant to say??? It happens to everybody, people are just blowing the whole thing WAY out of proportion but the bottom line is...... WHO CARES!!!
    Quote Quote  

10. -10
    Rookie

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Occam's razor is a principle that states that all things being equal in a given situation, the simplest explanation is most likely to be correct.

GM says "pillar of our defense" rather than "pillar of our franchise" during a press conference. Which is more likely?

1. In an effort to foster interest in the #1 pick, GM purposely misspeaks to lead teams picking below to believe that the Dolphins will select a defensive player (presumably Long or Gholston--two players for whom there has been no speculation of teams trading up--unlike say Ryan, McFadden, and Dorsey)

or

2. He misspoke
    Quote Quote