Welcome to FinHeaven Fans Forums! We're glad to have you here. Please feel free to browse the forum. We'd like to invite you to join our community; doing so will enable you to view additional forums and post with our other members.

VIP Members don't see these ads. Join VIP Now

Thread: OMG - The John Beck Height Thread

1. -1
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks

OMG - The John Beck Height Thread

OK - Before I could finish reading all 7 pages of posts in the thread on John Beck's height - it got locked!!!!!!!!!!!!

So - why was I reading all 7 pages you ask? Becuase I was in shock of everyone focusing on the height by examining the You Tube video - see below - and NO ONE noticed the TWO really important things in the video:

1) At the :20 mark - Beck fumbles his own rookie card
    2) At the 4:43 mark - Quinn is throwing passes to Ginn (LOL!!!!!)

Anyway - just trying to lighten the mood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzdl_Pfcxx0
    Quote Quote  

2. -2
    LES f**g MILES

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Louisiana
    Thanks / No Thanks
    why was the post locked? and removed? if there was a flagrant post, that post alone should have been removed, i don't understand this board sometimes. reagrdless of whether Greyboy was wrong (which he was) it was still an interesting debate, much more so than some of these idiotic topics that have been popping up here. must have touched a nerve with one of the mods. unreal.....
    JARVIS LANDRY = HINES WARD 2.0
    Quote Quote  

3. -3
    Seasoned Veteran

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Lower Haight
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Yeah, it was pretty ridiculous, but certainly not insulting or offensive, except possibly to ones intelligence. Wonder whats up.
    Quote Quote  

4. -4
    Starter

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    [quote=Bill C;1062485490]OK - Before I could finish reading all 7 pages of posts in the thread on John Beck's height - it got locked!!!!!!!!!!!!

So - why was I reading all 7 pages you ask? Becuase I was in shock of everyone focusing on the height by examining the You Tube video - see below - and NO ONE noticed the TWO really important things in the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzdl_Pfcxx0[/quot

LOL i went back and it is true... wierd sh&^t
    Quote Quote  

5. -5
    Two Little Debbies and a cup of coffee

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill C View Post
    OK - Before I could finish reading all 7 pages of posts in the thread on John Beck's height - it got locked!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzdl_Pfcxx0
    Didnt notice that, but definately see the humor in it. Quinn and Ginn working together while Beck looks for his card in pack after pack. I did find the quote of him talking about his pose "whatever makes me look like I can play" quite funny.
    Quote Quote  

6. -6

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by SF Dolfan View Post
    Yeah, it was pretty ridiculous, but certainly not insulting or offensive, except possibly to ones intelligence. Wonder whats up.
    I think it started getting out of hand with insults and more or less being divisive to the unity of the FH family. No two members will agree on every issue with the team, but brewing hatred or dislike amongst members is not good. I dont think Greyboy himself was doing that, but the thread started taking that route IMO.
    Quote Quote  

7. -7
    Playoffs? Playoffs?!

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Mexico City, Mexico
    Thanks / No Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WVdolphan View Post
    I think it started getting out of hand with insults and more or less being divisive to the unity of the FH family. No two members will agree on every issue with the team, but brewing hatred or dislike amongst members is not good. I dont think Greyboy himself was doing that, but the thread started taking that route IMO.
    Well, I think the "unity of the FH family" gets pretty much tossed to the trash bin when people start taking sides in a QB battle.

I can't, for the life of me, understand why people have to have a *favorite*, a *dog*, a *my man*, when it's supposed to be a team. Football is the ultimate team sport, and regardless of how much even the players themselves want to start and star and everything, they usually get that it's about the team, not them. Seems silly that sometimes us fans can't.

Hopefully we get a successful *team*, and we win games, regardless if we do it with defense, offense, INTs, fumbles, great QB or LB play, whatever. Then maybe we can forget about stupid individualities and start focusing on what's really important.

Go Phins.

Looking forward, yet again...
    Quote Quote  

8. -8

WPA:
    vCash:
    Thanks / No Thanks
    2013 Dolphins Logo
    Quote Originally Posted by sbh1602 View Post
    Well, I think the "unity of the FH family" gets pretty much tossed to the trash bin when people start taking sides in a QB battle.

I can't, for the life of me, understand why people have to have a *favorite*, a *dog*, a *my man*, when it's supposed to be a team. Football is the ultimate team sport, and regardless of how much even the players themselves want to start and star and everything, they usually get that it's about the team, not them. Seems silly that sometimes us fans can't.

Hopefully we get a successful *team*, and we win games, regardless if we do it with defense, offense, INTs, fumbles, great QB or LB play, whatever. Then maybe we can forget about stupid individualities and start focusing on what's really important.

Go Phins.
    Well people definately like some players more than others on their own favorite team. Nothing wrong with that. I dont think its a reason to personally dislike another fellow fan of your favorite team though.

Anyways I dont understand the debate that has developed between Henne and Beck either. Neither one of them has proven anything in a game that matters while in a phins uni.

Personally, I pretty much am highly upset with Beck as a player so far, and have no dislike or favoratism towards Henne. He is just another draft pick. I wont hate/dislike or like/love him until I see him play in games that count.

McCown I kinda like as a player. He has proven he can do some things in the NFL, and he is a PHIN. I think he will start and chances are he will be our QB this whole season unless he gets injured, so I dont know why he gets no love around here.
    Quote Quote  

9. -9
    As Realistic As They Come.

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Miami
    Thanks / No Thanks
    yeah why was that thread locked? was there excessive name calling or cursing going on? because if all that was going on was just a bunch of differences in opinion...then isnt that what sports is all about? i mean come on. whats up with the "authority" on this board?

seriously mods.

Quote Quote  

10. -10
    The Chronic

WPA:
    vCash:
    Loc:
    Jupiter, Fl
    Thanks / No Thanks
    They should have kept it going there are a lot of chances at hilarity when responding to such ridiculous posts. But I can see why they locked it, the thread was garbage and pointless.
    Quote Quote